The Clarification

Love Found Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona lied down on the couch while flapping the channel on the TV. Nothing seemed interesting to her. Her body was tired from the dance practise, but her heart and mind was another story; kept thinking of Jonghyun and regretting herself for the mess she’d caused.

Every time she remembered about the fight, it would bring tears to her eyes unknowingly. No matter how many times she tried to comfort herself, the pain was hard to heal. At some point, she did believe that her marriage with Jonghyun would be end any time soon. She even believed that Jonghyun hated her for what she had done. Ridiculous thoughts, but she was tired of counselling her heart with good advice that never seems real.

Day turned to night. There were no sign of Jonghyun would come home. Yoona seemed gave up of asking. Phone call and text message will end up with no reply. She switched off the TV and lazily woke up from the couch. As she was about to move to the bedroom, her step stopped when she heard someone opened the door.

Yoona turned around and waited patiently for the person entered the house to appear. Her heart thumped. Jonghyun?, she called in her mind. Then Jonghyun stepped in slowly and put down his backpack on the floor. He looked up and surprised to see Yoona stood in the hallway.

“Yeobo?” Yoona called him. She was reassured herself that she wasn’t dreaming.

Jonghyun responded with a short nod. “It’s me.” He looked at his wife with a frozen look. He didn’t know how to react. He was torn apart in between anger and love toward her. The atmosphere was a little awkward.

Yoona was assured that she wasn’t dreaming and the person in front of her was indeed her husband. Her eyes were getting teary, again. “You’re home.” Her voice trembled.

Again, Jonghyun responded with a nod. He walked slowly to the living room. Yoona followed his movement with her eyes. She didn’t know what to do. Her heart wanted to hug him but her mind restricted her from do so.

“I don’t know where to start.” Jonghyun cleared his throat. “I’m sorry for not coming home. I need some time to think.” He looked down at the carpet.

There was a long pause, a silence. The unresolved issue between them makes the situation a little awkward for them to sit near each other. Jonghyun stole a glance to his wife and he turned his sight back to the surface of the carpet.

“What’s going to happen to us now?” Yoona asked directly, breaking the long quietness between them. She was tired of wondering about the circumstance that happened to them. In fact, she had too many thoughts in her mind about their marriage. Separation was one of it.

“First of all, I want to apologize for laid a hand on you. I admit it was my fault. I let my anger controlled me. But honestly, I feel betrayed by the fact that you took those pills without even talk to me first. Let me honest here, I love you. In fact, I love you so much...” Jonghyun turned to Yoona. He looked at her deeply. It was time to talk seriously. “But I still don’t get it why you’ve been hiding that thing from me this whole time. Why?”

“I think I’ve told you the reason.” Yoona glanced at him for a few second and moved her eyes back to her lap. She didn’t know the best word to explain to him. She didn’t want to extend the conflict between them. They had a lot in their plate already.

 Jonghyun sighed. He expected some explanation from her. He pinched the bridge of his nose, calming down himself. You need to calm down and listen to her. She deserves a chance to explain, he remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter