The Secret

Love Found Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona sat on the edge the bed, in complete silence. Her eyes were glued on the floor of her bedroom. At the meantime, Jonghyun was leaning against the wall, stared intensely at his wife. Frustration was visible in his eyes.

“I really don’t know what to say right now.” He looked at the pregnancy test stick in his hand. He didn’t understand his feeling at that moment. He wasn’t sure if he was sad because his wife wasn't pregnant or he was angry because he accidentally found the pregnancy test stick in the dustbin, or disappointed because of the result on the stick; one line means negative.

The room filled with quietness. The only sound could be heard was their heavy breath.

“This thing...” He broke the silence.

“You can see it yourself. It obviously means that I’m not pregnant.” She looked up at her husband with apologetic, watery eyes.

“When did you found out?”

“Three days ago. I supposed to have my period last week, but it didn’t happen. So I thought I might be pregnant, but I was wrong. I had my period yesterday.” She kept her head down, not daring to meet his eyes. She never wanted him to found out about it that way.

“Then why didn’t you mention anything about it?”

“You were away...and I don’t know how to tell you.” She looked down on her feet.

“Are you still on pill?” He asked in deflated tone.

She was taken aback by the question. “What are trying to say?” She was a little upset, like she’d been accused for not wanting to have child with him.

After the big fight they had a long time ago, they didn’t really talk about the pill or baby anymore. They enjoyed their married life, and of course with a lot more of . And all of a sudden, he brought up the issue.

“I know my desire of wanting a child is pressuring you. But I don’t know how much longer I have to pretend like I don’t mind about it. I love you so much, but knowing this...” He held up the pregnancy test stick. “...hurt me.” He threw the pregnancy test stick on the makeup table.

She didn’t know how to react to the statement. Her heart ached by what she just heard. His action obviously meant he was never really over the matter.  She turned her head down, trying to hide the tears unknowingly fell on her cheek.

As he saw the tears, he felt some unexplained weight in his heart. He felt sorry. He approached his wife and knelt in front her, took her hands and held it tightly. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said.”

She kept her si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter