Losing a Friend

12 Dolls

 chapter one 

 losing a friend

 

________________________________________

 

Today seemed like just another day at school. Students arriving from either a car, a bike, or they just walked here hanging out with their kind of people, or groups, before school began while teachers run around in the school getting their paperwork ready before class started. It was just another day at school.

It was just another at school for Jieun, the perfect student. She was known as the perfect student due to her excellence in school, her responsibility as the junior class president, her high role as an honor student, and her reputation as a good girl. She is the perfect student and most people, usually teachers, refer to her having a perfect life with no flaws. That’s what they all thought but no one should ever judge a book by its cover especially if it’s someone like Jieun. To be in fact, her life wasn’t near perfect; not a tiny bit.

People see her as a person to be fond of school but, she isn’t. It’s not like she hates it because of the work or if she thinks she’s too good for school; it’s nothing like that. This is all due to the fact that school is one reason her life isn’t perfect or even right. But it’s not only that. It’s also her life at home. Her parents passed away when she was 7 leaving her all alone with no one to take care of her except for her auntie who doesn’t give a damn about her and her loving cousin, Jonghyun, who is, sadly, in college and away from her.

* * *

Jieun arrived at school after a daily long walk from her house. There was a long look on her face as she stared at the school before her.

“Looks like another day at school and another day to get ignored and bullied.” Jieun released a heavy sigh.

She walked in the school looking at each corner where students were having fun and hanging out with their best friends. Jieun wished she could be like that; a person who has many friends and can enjoy her time. Unfortunately, she can’t due to her lack in social skills but, luckily she does have at least two friends; her best friend Hyuna and Zelo, a sophomore who helps her in the council.

Jieun went to her locker deciphering her codes to get her English textbook. While she was taking her textbook out, she heard many squeals and giggles. She looked over to see what the commotion was about. The girls were squealing and giggling for them, infinite, the kings of their school; they were extremely popular. They are all good-looking, athletic, and what they are most successful in is pranking people, more likely teachers. Infinite contains of Sunggyu, the dashing leader, Hoya, the smoky dancer, Dongwoo, the adorable and y guy, Sungyeol, the dorky yet appealing choding, Sungjong, the feminine yet manly kid, Myungsoo, the lady killer, and Woohyun, the sweet, adorable, and clever prince, also Jieun’s childhood crush.

“Infinite.” One girl screamed.

“Sunggyu, are you guys doing a prank today?” asked one girl.

“Dongwoo I love your smile.” a chubby girl shouted.

“Hoya, please do a cool dance.” begged another.

“Sungjong, why are you so pretty. You’re not even a girl” one girl pouted.

“Sungyeol do your funny faces.”

“Myungsoo I love you.” shouted a short girl.

“Woohyun you’re so dashing.” five girls said at the same time emphasizing the word so.

Jieun watched them walk her direction. She quickly turned to face her locker; if she made one contact with Woohyun then she was going to melt inside of her own shoes. They pasted by her. She could feel Woohyun’s presence as he walked by her. She couldn’t help but smile.

Jieun knew Woohyun since she was a little kid. They went to the same school since preschool and she see him often but they never really talked. The only time they said one word to each other was in middle school when Woohyun asked Jieun for directions to History class but that was the only conversation they had. They never talked to each other again but Jieun also senses that Woohyun doesn’t think she exits.

* * *

Jieun walked in English class greeted by the teacher, Mr. Bi.

“Hello Jieun.” he greeted her with a smile.

“Good morning Mr. Bi.” She bowed to him.

“Ready for a fun filled learning day.”

“Yeah” she gave a faint smile.

“Good now please sit.”

Jieun sat down at her desk which was all the way in the front. While she settled her things down, Hyuna jumped in front of her.

“Hey Jieun.” She said cheerfully giving Jieun a hug.

Jieun jumped herself. “Hyuna you scared me.”

“Sorry Jieun.” she showed her ageyo.

“It’s okay.” Jieun smiled. She noticed something was different about Hyuna.

“Hyuna, did you dye your hair?” jieun asked.

“I did” Hyuna nodded.

Hyuna’s hair was once black but it was now a light orange color.

“Why did you color it?” Jieun asked.

“I was getting tired of my hair being the same color so I decided to change it.”

Jieun nodded. She and Hyuna had a little conversation until one of the boys said “Look, it’s 4minute.”

Everyone, mostly the boys, quickly looked at the 4 girls entering the class. They began to drool and act different.

4minute was the queens of the school. They ruled the school and they’re extremely popular in the school just like infinite but they’re nothing like them. They are mean and like to use people also push them around. 4minute has Jihyun, Gayoon, Jiyoon, and Sohyun. They are well-known but Jihyun is the one who controls everything. Hyuna watched them come in.

“Look Jieun, 4minute.” Hyuna pointed out. Jieun just nodded. Jieun knew Hyuna admired 4minute like idols and would do anything to hang out with them or even be them.

4minute walked in the class taking their seats. Jihyun looked at Hyuna who was about to jump out of her seat.

“I like your hair.” Jihyun complemented. “It suits you well.”

“Thank you” Hyuna said.

Jihyun sat down.

“Jieun did you hear that.” Hyuna shook Jieun’s arm. “She said she likes my hair.”

“I heard”

Class went on. After 3 hours of classes, it was finally lunch. Jieun waited for Hyuna. She waited for 20 minutes then she came out with someone unexpected. Hyuna was with Jihyun laughing. Hyuna saw Jieun.

“Hey Jieun” Hyuna waved. Jieun waved back.

“Who’s this?” Jihyun asked not pleased by the site of Jieun.

“She’s Jieun, the class president.” Hyuna introduced her.

“Oh the “perfect” student teachers say.” Jihyun emphasized perfect. “Hey Hyuna.” Jihyun whispered something into her ear. Hyuna’s smile was disappearing.

“Um Jieun I can’t eat lunch with you today.” Hyuna said hesitantly.

“Why what happened?” Jieun asked.

“Something but we can hang later, right?”

“Yeah”

Jihyun and Hyuna walked away from Jieun leaving her alone. Jieun felt like something bad was going to happen today.  

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» hoping the chapter wasn't boring but the next one will be better. ^^