Eighteen

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

TAO’S POV


We’re at bar sitting in a quiet booth near the corner.

“Whenever you’re ready.” I say.

“Where do I start?” her eyes are puffy from crying.

“From when you guys slept together.”

“In Busan, that day we went to the club. We left you to take care of L-shi and we went for some soju and ramen. Jiyeon pointed out that Myungsoo got drunk because he likes Jieun and was jealous of her with you. Jieun didn’t know he liked her back. So we had a bit too much soju in the process of trying to cheer her up.”

Liked? More like she never got over him. It’s a bit sad that until today I’m barely finding out our plan to make them jealous worked. I still remember getting down on my knees and asking Jieun to help me make Jiyeon jealous. Although at that time I didn’t like Jieun I ended up falling for her but I guess both of us just never got over our first loves so we never went anywhere.

“Tao are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine, but wait when you were at the hospital that time the nurse said you weren’t pregnant and that was after Busan.”

“Your hormones take time to change, that’s why it was a negative at that time.”

“Ah. So how did you guys break up?”

“You called me the day after graduation. He got mad that I hadn’t told him I was leaving and was mad that you knew before him. We decided to break up and that’s when he told me that he wouldn’t take me back even if I begged. I hated him so much. A month later when I found out I was expecting Daehyun I knew I couldn’t rely on Hoya.”

“He may have said that but from what I’ve heard he didn’t mean it.”

“How are you so sure of that?”

“Are you serious? Have you ever even listened to any of Infinite’s songs?”

“No.”

“You’re going to go home and look up Nothing’s Over, Paradise, and Destiny. Like right now.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Cho Lori, I have a feeling this whole thing is just a big misunderstanding. Please just do it. I’m begging you. I’ll kneel if I have to.” I can’t stand my best friends like this anymore. Especially since I know they’re both still in love with each other.

“No don’t beg and don’t kneel either. There’s nothing I hate more than that. I’ll do it, but under one condition.”

“What is it?” I win.

“Don’t say a word about Daehyun.”

 

JIYEON’S POV March 7, 2014


“It’s so weird how they just started talking again.” I say.

“I actually talked to her the other day.” Tao’s voice echoes as we head up the stairs.

“What did you say?”

I just talked to her about the break up. I also asked her to listen to a few Infinite songs. I guess she softened up a bit.”

“Still. I know Lori. There’s something she’s not letting go of.”

We reach the door to Jieun’s apartment. Surprisingly the door is a bit open. I’m about to open it even more when Tao moves my hand away.

“Shh.” He whispers and then slowly opens the door.

“Myungsoo-ah, if you would have just told me back then I would have gone with you.” Jieun says.

“But you were going to go with Tao!” he yells.

“That was to make you jealous!” she yells back.

So Jieun doesn’t like Tao? Here I was thinking I’m a bad friend for liking the same guy.

“Why would you do that!” Myungsoo goes after Jieun who gets up and starts walking away.

“Because I wanted you to tell me you liked me.” She turns around.

Myungsoo stops and his mouth is slightly open in disbelief. “Jieun I… there’s nothing more…”

Jieun’s head is facing the floor.

“Yah! Why are you crying!” Myungsoo seems extremely flustered.

Jieun cries even more. Myungsoo looks around the room in frustration. I’m surprised he doesn’t spot us standing by the half open door. He takes a deep breath then he kisses Jieun. She’s shocked but she corresponds to Myungsoo.

Tao motions for us to leave and we slowly and very carefully make our way back to the hallway.

“About time dammit!” Tao says as we’re going down the stairs.

“That’s what I’m saying! Those two took years to talk things out.” I say.

“They’re not the only ones.”

“What?” I turn to him and he takes a seat on the stairs. He pats the place next to him. I sit down.

“Truthfully speaking I always thought you were too pretty Jiyeon.”

I’m glad he’s not looking at me because I can feel my cheeks burning.

“It was always like that for me. You always seemed so beautiful and so out of reach. Although at one point I did actually like Jieun, it didn’t last for either of us. I would always go back to thinking of you. She was the same. She always had Myungsoo in her heart. I knew that my biggest competition was Myungsoo because let’s be honest, Hoya never showed any interest in anyone besides Lori. Myungsoo however, he was dangerous because all the girls liked him.”

“But all the girls also liked you.” I say

“Oh really? Does that include you?” he smiles playfully.

“Why don’t we find out?” I poke at his cheeks.

He comes closer. “Whatever you say.”

Then he closes the distance between us with a kiss.

 

HOYA’S POV March 9, 2014


I can’t believe she’s talking to me again. I mean it’s not anything big but at least she’s not giving me the cold shoulder. Although I can understand why she would hate me. I was a total jerk when we were breaking up.

Slowly, very slowly, I will show her how sorry I truly am.

 

LORI’S POV


Hoya, why am I thinking of you so much lately?

“Umma!” Daehyun comes over and tackles me on the sofa.

“Yes baby?”

“Umma do you like Infinite now?”

“Yes baby.” It’s the truth. Honestly I never knew how much talent all seven of them had.

“Umma. You’re friends with Tao hyung. Do you have more friends?”

“Of course.”

“Can I see them?” Daehyun jumps up and down.

“Bring me the album from over there.” I point to the bottom of the bookshelf. Daehyun runs and brings it. He sits in my lap as we look at the album together. The first few photos are just me. Then I flip to the page that has group photos of the six of us.

“Umma! You have many friends! There’s Tao hyung!”

“Yes. This is Jiyeon next to Tao, then there’s Jieun and Myungsoo and Hoya.”

“Umma! You’re friends with Infinite!”

“Yes.”

Daehyun stares at the photos. Then turns the page. My heart sinks. I forgot the page was full of pictures of us together, Hoya and I.

“Best friends!”

“Yes baby, best friends.” I sigh.  He’s too young to know any better.

“When I grow up I want to be like him.”

Daehyun’s words hurt my heart. He wants to be like his father. A father who doesn’t know he exists. Although I acknowledge that Hoya has matured I’m not sure if I can trust him yet.

 

March 13, 2014


We’re filming a few scenes in Busan this weekend. It’s about noon right now. My mom called me at  nine telling me she can’t take care of Daehyun today because she’s going to a wedding in Japan this weekend.

We’re taking a lunch break when my mom comes on set with Daehyun. I go over to them.

Daehyun runs up to me,  as always the boy is full of energy. “Umma your work is so cool!”

“It is?” I smile.

“Yes!” He nods.

The makeup artist comes over. “I have to fix your make up for the next scene.”

“Well I’ll get going then.” My mom says.

“Have fun!” I follow the makeup artist as she fixes my face for the next scene. Daehyun silently follows along and I can tell he’s enjoying this. Then we go back onto the set. The next scene is just between me and Hoya.

“Tao hyung!” Daehyun cheers as Tao and everyone else come over.

“Ooo! Who’s this cutie?” Jieun looks at him.

Hoya stares at Daehyun, as does everyone else.

“My mom dropped him off, she’s busy this weekend.” I explain.

“Ah, alright. Well you and Hoya need to go film your scene. Don’t worry about Daehyun. We’ll take good care of him.”

“That’s true. Daehyun, be a good boy.” I say and walk off with Hoya.

“When did your parents find each other?” he asks me.

I’m surprised he still remembers. “Three years ago.”

“That’s good.”

 

March 14, 2014


Filming has just ended when Hoya comes up to me.

“Lori, can we talk?”

“Hoya we have nothing to talk about.”

I ignore him and walk off. Later on at the hotel we’re all staying at there’s a knock on my room door. Tao assures me it’s him but both he and Hoya enter. I see how it is, Tao you little piece of evil…

“Lori can we please talk?”

“No.”

Daehyun stares at me. “Why don’t you want to talk to your friend?” Daehyun says.

“Yeah you guys should talk. Daehyun, let’s go play.” Tao says and they leave the room.

“Hoya, I have nothing to talk to you about.” I turn and start walking away but he grabs my wrist and I’m suddenly facing him again.

“Well I do and I’m not leaving until we sort things out, once and for all.”


I tried writing in this color but damn it burns my eyes...

Anyways, omg two new couples <3

Will Hoya and Lori sort it out? You'll find out tomorrow :3