Like a Fire

Chu Ga Eul's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So Yi Jeong!” Both WooBin and I chanted simultaneously the moment YiJeong finished his sudden proposal yesterday.

“Jeong ah! Are you ok?” WooBin said unknowingly.

“What is wrong with you?” I narrowed my eyes, slightly irked.

“I’m serious. Let’s get married” YiJeong announced while sliding his hand into mine.

 

That was practically everything said. I tried to force some senses into him by explaining that marriage isn’t something trifling which he can just barge into whenever he wants. And to me, marriage is something pure and essential, and I wanted mine to last forever.

So I was dead sure that I hear myself declining his clumsy proposal.

 

But that was then, this is now. I woke up this morning feeling more dumbfounded than ever, realizing that I actually said ‘yes’ obliviously to his request

.

I am not ready. I am pretty damn sure that I am not yet ready to be called a wife of someone. But then I don’t know why, my mouth let out an ominous agreement, thanks to the ridiculous panic attack I was having, and WooBin punch-asking face expression that he gave me, encouraging me to agree by nodding his head repeatedly.

 

“GaEul!!! Congratulation! Finally both of you are getting married.” SooJong, a long haired classmate of mine suddenly startle me from behind.

“Huh?”

“You are finally getting married to YiJeong right? I’m so jealous” She blurt out loudly as we are both entering the lecture hall which is now almost filled with students.

“T-thank you” I hear myself mumble as I try to escape the suddenly formed swarm of students, which all uttering remarks about the marriage.

 

 

“Chu Ga Eul, you’re famous today…..” WooBin grins, suddenly looming over me, his head of Durian-like spiked brown hair nods a few times as a sign of approval as I sit next to him, feeling so glad that the lecturer has come, finally putting an end to the attack of the student crowd.

“How did they know?” I whisper to him with a frown displayed on my face.

“YiJeong is a part of F4” He whispers back.

“So?” I interject.

“We are F4, even the color of our poops, they will know.” He leans against his chair and smirked.

Oh…. I feel like throwing up.

 

 

Everything seems to revolve very fast around me, which I barely could catch up with. Well, I admit, I sort of have that kind of feeling towards YiJeong nowadays, but then marriage isn’t all just about feeling. It requires responsibilities, commitment, and all those qualities that they were talking about in the Marriage Clinic show.

 

"Miss Chu!" Mr Mohan's thundering voice startle the hell out of me.

"Can you please repeat factors of trade restriction? The ones I just taught earlier"

 

Gosh. Is his class going to be over soon?

Factors of trade restriction? What in the world is that?

 

"This is what I mean. Don't daydream in my class. The class ends. See you tomorrow" He concludes while packing his bag, causing all eyes to focus their gaze on me again.

"WooBin ah. I'll be going to toilet for a while." I excuse myself from the sleepy best friend of YiJeong before sprinting my way out, away from the humiliation I just received.

 

I found myself wandering around the library block on my way back from the toilet, but then something tremendous caught my eyes, the sight of YiJeong and JiYeon standing across each other at the dark corner of the block 15 meters in front of me caused me to put an abrupt stop on my pace.

 

"But you can't marry her"

"JiYeon ah. In what other way should I explain to you, we were over, NO, actually we never even started. You’re the one who said it, that we dated just for the sake of having fun"

"Oppa!! But I like you! I really like you"

"Sorry JiYeon. You were the one who agreed on not involving any feeling. So please, stop all these and get over it"

"What is so special about her? She's not even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter