Talk To You

Chu Ga Eul's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona!! How did you fell off an easy mountain track like that?" KiBum technically shouts over the phone.

"What if anything worse happened to you? To be honest, noona. You're stupid right?" He continues his grandmother's-level nags.

"I understand. Next time I'll be more careful" I reply nonchalantly.

"Noona. You stay at home. Don't go out. Not even a step out"

"Ok..." I answer obediently.

"Eisshhh… How could someone be this stupid? You can't even take care of yourself. You're an adult for crying out loud. Do you still need me to take care of you?" His nag is unstoppable.

"Ya!!!! KiBum!!!! Stop nagging or I'm going to throw all of your ugly shoes collection away!!!" I shout at him and hang up the phone, before laying my eyes on my pathetically bandaged leg.

 

 

It has been three days since I am locked in my house, unable to do anything without everyone butting in.

“Miss, let me do it” said a maid when I tried to spread jam on my bread.

“Are you crazy? Look at the time now! Go and sleep” said YiJeong when he caught me playing Guitar Hero, at a freaking 9 pm.

And the worst of all is the fact that I am using a wheelchair to move around, thanks to mum who freaked the hell out the moment she saw me with bandages and injuries that night.

Seriously for anyone’s sake, I am just having a twisted ankle and random cut on my calf, so I don’t get their over-panicked reactions. It was dumb, doesn’t make sense, and I am bored. I need to go out and see the beautiful sight of the world but all they do is making me feel like I am a criminal locked in a prison.

I need to escape, now.

And I’ve thought of some plan.

           

"Miss. Where are you going?" said a maid with a worried face.

"I’m going to my fiancé’s room. Why?" I answer while trying hard to operate my wheelchair toward the guest room.

"YiJeong ah... wake up." I nudge the sleeping beauty’s shoulder slowly.

      He didn't budge.

"YiJeong, you sleepyhead. Wake up." I whisper to his ear.

"Hurk??" He nearly jumped off the bed right after he opened his eyes.

"Let's go out" I said to YiJeong who is now staring wide-eyed at me from the bed edge.

"What are you doing here?" He finally said after he gained his senses back.

"I'm bored. Let's go out" I reply.

"But your leg"

"That's why I need you to push my wheelchair." I smile sheepishly.

"No."  He replies sternly.

"But...." I stand up, limping slowly towards him.

"Ya!!!! What are you doing? Sit!" He shrieks.

"I'm fine. I don't need this silly wheelchair. I just sprained my ankle, it's not broken or anything"

"Chu Ga Eul !!!! Okay! I'll bring you out! Now stop fooling around and sit properly" He orders.

"Heeee.. I'll wait for you outside." I say, rolling the wheelchair's wheel playfully.

Phase one, done.

 

“No.” Mum emphasizes for the 4th time.

“But mum…. I’m so bored… and I haven’t bring YiJeong around Daegu yet.” I plead while nudging YiJeong, asking for support.

“No. Look at your condition now. Daegu can wait”

“But mum….” I grunt vehemently, giving YiJeong a stabbing look for not helping at all with the talking.

“Omma. I’m sorry for opposing” YiJeong finally open his mouth.

Yes, finally. Pyeonghwa Market’s chicken gizzard, here I come!

“I knew it’s a bad idea for her to go out, but may I just take her for a stroll around the house compound? I just thought that she will need some fresh summer air, and at the same time she could show me around here”

What? So Yi Jeong. You did not just say you wanted to take me for a stroll around my own house compound. I am not a dog.

“Come to think about it, that’s not really a bad idea” Mum suddenly looks delirious.

Gosh.

Phase two, an epic fail.

 

“Push faster. Why are you moving so slow?” I huff while crossing my arms.

 I just couldn’t believe my plan just went destroyed in a second because of that so called fiancé of mine.

“It’s dangerous. Pebbles are all over this place” YiJeong replies from behind my back.

“Dangerous what dangerous? I told you already, I can walk, I don’t need this bloody chair” I let out my wrath. Because of him I am still stuck in the house compound, strolled along the lake’s pavement like a stage-five cancer patient.

“I’ve got you out of the house. What’s with the batty attitude?” He still pushes my wheelchair slowly.

“Out of the house?” I turn around to stare at him.

“We are still at the lake! This lake is my family’s property! How is it out of the house??” I yell at him.

“Outside are unsafe” He reply simply.

“You nearly choked me to death before. So don’t pretend to care!!” I yell. Because of him, my plan to enjoy all DaeGu’s street food after a long time is shattered.

“Why stop? Keep pushing!!” I don’t care if sound like an evil minion, but I’m seriously in a bad mood right now.

“Did it hurt?” His voice shakes from behind.

“Of course!!!! I thought I was going to die from lung dryness” I exaggerate.

“Sorry”

“I should’ve sued you for harassing me in public” My anger is still at its boiling point.

“I was escaping the guards. I wasn’t in my right mind.”

“Sorry if I hurt you”

 

He suddenly sounds so apologeti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter