Chapter 3

Three Pieces

I ran off so abrubtly I didn't even know where I was going, or what I was even going to say to her, let alone those two. I felt angry enough to slap them. I just followed the sounds of her footsteps, trying to keep up.

Many thoughts were running through my mind, mostly about Kai and Taemin. Why the heck are they still pulling this kind of bull crap! Didn't they realize before how much this hurts people... I thought after I left again they would have known... Aish! This girl! I can't keep up with her.

I started to grow tired of running, I stopped to catch my breath. Looking around I realised I was in the gymnasium. Listening out for her fleeting footsteps once again, but there came none. Crap, I lost her! There was no trace of her in the gym, I didn't have any clues as to where she went so I decided to give up.

Just as I was about to leave the gym I heard muffled sobs in corner. The door to the storage closet for the gym was cracked open, but the light was still off. I peeked in the closet only to find her crumpled, crying body on the floor. She didn't know I was there so I approached her carefully, hoping to not startle her. Even when I was sitting right beside her, she didn't acknowledge me, she only paid attention to her silent breaking of her fragile heart.

I've seen her around school. She wasn't like any of the girls she hung out with. She was more shy, quiet, and gentle than all of the others that were her friends. She hangs out with the ones that tripped me and laughed during lunch. And she was definitely different than them.

I still didn't know what to say, instead I cleared my throat loud enough so she could hear it over her loud sobs. She sat up abuptly, trying to wipe off all of hear tears beofre turning to me.

"Oh. H-Hello. Umm, I just-" I knew she was trying to make up an excuse for being in there and crying, but I cut her off.

"It's fine. I-I know what happened, between you and the twins. I kind of... saw the whole thing. Sorry."

She looked down, more tears falling from her eyes.

"Are you okay?"

A sudden anger washed over her face.

"No. No, I'm not. I always get myself up for failure." Tears were streaming down her face as she said so. "They weren't who I thought they were, and I always ends up like that. I only fall for their faces, but when I think I truly like them, the backfire on me like they always do!"

She threw her arms around me and sobbed into my chest. The only thing I could do was pat her head, comfort her, and listen to what she had to say.

-----

Sometime later we walked out of the storage room, we had missed only one class, but we were late for the next one, luckily we both had the same class next. But to our dismay so were they.

-----

We walked into the classroom together, all eyes were on us. She grabbed onto my arm, her face reddening. She clutched my arm as a child would their mother. She squeezed harder when the teacher asked why we were late. All I did was apologize and guided Eunmi to her seat as she was still latching onto my limb. Then sat down in my own seat.

I cautiously looked around the room for the brothers only to find their eyes were on me too.

-----

Every class ended without a fuss, but it was hard to get Eunmi to seperate from me. At the end of the day she met up with me, her face wasn't as red, puffy, or sad as before. We talked for a little bit, all of her classes went smoothly. All of a sudden her hands grabbed my arm again. I looked at her questioningly but I rotated my eyes to where she was looking. My gaze to the back of the hall, following the only two boys who made me confused and angered at one time.

They looked our way once, but quickly looked away. This only angered me more. I felt like a protective mother now.

I pulled my arm from Eunmi's grasp and charged up to them, thier faces showing that they were completely caught off guard. And I didn't have to look back to know Eunmi's face was the same.

I walked up to them confidently, crossing my arms, and a cold glare fixed on them. A silence fell between us.


 Sorry, short chappie. but at least I updated faster. I don't really have much to say except that I thank you for the new subbies!! EXTRA HUGS AND KISSES FOR YOU PEOPLE!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Thanks for reading ^^ Saranghae