Chapter 16

Three Pieces

Sunmi POV

It looks like a hurricane crashed through my room. Piles upon piles of clothes lay unassorted through my room. And who exactly is the cause of this? None other than little miss "Style-Expert" Choi Eunmi. Why exactly am I letting her do this? Well, I'm not. She showed up at my house saying that I needed to look nicer for today. Apparently my usual attire that I was previously wearing, which was just a pair of jeans and a bright colored hoodie, was too plain. So here I am, watching Eunmi raid my closet, and by looks of it, she didnt like what she saw. She pulled out yet another outfit, inspected it, and then threw it in a random direction. The small girl looked frusrated.

"Look Eunmi, we arent going to a formal party." I gave a half hearted laugh.

She sighed exasperatedly. "I know! But you still need to look nice! Were hanging out outside of school this time! Were not just wearing uniforms!"

"So?" I said puzzled.

"Soooooo you need to look nice!"

"But why?"

She stood up staight and put her hands on her hips and looked down at me. "What do you mean 'why?'"

I looked up at her. She seemed serious. Even she was dressed reallly nicely. She had on a really flowy summer dress that made her look like she had model-like curves, and her hair was nicely curled and put up in a half bun. Even her jewelry practically shouted expensive. Not something like she'd usually wear from the looks of it. "What is this really about Eunmi?"

"Sunmi! Do you realize who we're going to the hang out with?"

I, again, gave her a completely confused look.

She gave another exasperated sigh. "The children of one of the richest families in Seoul!"

"So?" My face not amused. I know this. I know of their position in society. But I dont care about it, and at some point in their lives, they didn't either. As kids, all three of us didn't care about how much much money each of us had, or our positions in society. We were just happy being ourselves, and together. All of us together. That's how it was supposed to be. That's how I promised them it would be. That's how I promised Haerin it would be. I'm sorry Haerin.

I took her large, weak hand in my small frail one. Hoping to give her strength, wishing I could give her life.

Tears ran down my face, and painful noises came from my mouth. Trying and trying to say words but I couldnt. This strong, proud woman that I knew and loved like she was my mother, lied weak and frail in a white hospital bed. Her once, thick shiny black hair was now thinned out and no longer had it's shinyness. Her once dark brown, playful chocolate brown eyes, now dulled and almost lifeless, with dark rings that bore around those eyes. Her skin that used to glow, was now pale, void of color, with tubes of liquid needles embeded into it. Just the sight of this woman would make you cry.

"Haerin. You *sniff**sniff can't." I squeezed her hand tighter, more tears running down my messy face. "You can't *sniffle* leave."

She placed her other palm on the side of my cheek. "It's going to be alright, Sunny. I'm going to be alright, okay?"  Wiping my tears, she gave me a confident smile. Even in this state she still gave a bright, powerful aura. Like there was nothing that could tear her down.

"- so that's why we have to look really nice. I mean it's only natural.... Sunmi? Sunmi are you listening?? Oh my gosh Sunmi are you okay?"

"...Nothing" I whispered. My vision became blurred and I felt something streak down my face.

"Sunmi!" I snapped awake from the nightmare I was reliving. Once Eunmi noticed that I was aware, she placed her hand on my cheek, and wiped away my tear... the same way Haerin did. She held me in her arms. She didn't ask "What happened?" or "What's wrong?" She just held me, and I wasn't crying, nor sniffling. I felt too numb.

She let out a sad chuckle. "This is how we first met, remember? When I was hurt by them? You just held me while I cried. You didn't say a word, and you just held me. I felt so relieved for that. I felt calmer, and safer. I never did thank you for it, you know." She squeezed tighter. "Thank you Sunmi."

I breathed slowly and let out a sigh. "I'm fine."

She sighed too. "Okay." Eunmi let go, and gave me a smile. "Let's find you an outfit."


Hi my lovely readers. I know. I have resurrected from the dead lol. I really don't havemuch to say, but I do want to thank everybody who hasn't left this story and given up. Thank you my awesome subbies.

Jlugo24

Francisvlera

naaltje44

ArieMay

TaeminnieAppa

AllRiseGella

GDragon88_

Loverockpanda23

KpoploverHannah

ely_yeobos

eggies

KPOPCHIKKAA

arasya

aj_fangirl

TaeYyi

BeautyDarkAngel

Lulu3492

yongukkie

Minki_Locket_NL

heeheehees

cat1989

HillaryZ

agehamodoki

Rexychia

whyamidoingthis

SayHiToMe

tota93

BangYongchan

ohmylulu

LunaticCharm

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR STILL STICKING WITH ME!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME <3 SARANGHAE