Chapter 12

Three Pieces

You wouldn't believe the amount of relief and happiness that passed over Eunmi's face. The moment Jonghyun and I returned, she litterally jumped at him and squeezed him like an anaconda. His face became a light purple after a certain amount of time, but instead of prying her off, I let out a loud laugh. Jonghyun's attention was directed to me, his face didn't look so happy. In fact he sent a glare my way, which was, in second, replaced my and evil smirk.

"Jonghyun! Do you know how worried I've been!" Eunmi cried. "Minho didn't even know where you were! You just disappeared without telling anyone! What the heck were you thinking! You could've been-"

Jonghyun gently released her arms from her grip and stopped her mid sentence. "I was completely fine. Look, unhamred." He outstretched his hands and spun in a circle so that she would see that he was undamaged.

I scoffed. "I think she is more worried about your mental damage."

Another glare was directed to me, to which I ignored.

"But Eunmi. Do not forget Sumi was the one who found me." Jonghyun winked at me as I gaped at him like a fish.

Eunmi turned to me and . In seconds, her thin arms were choking me. As I was loosing my breath, my hearing was still very clear; So that I was able to hear Jonghyun's continuous laughing fit.

I was about to pry Eunmi's arms fromme myself but one glance at her happy, cheerful face stopped me.

"Anytime, Eunmi." I sighed, patting her head ever so gently. I eventually found comfort in her anaconda hug, to which I hugged her back, but not as force.

Jonghyun POV

Well, that wasn't the funny reaction that I expected. But... Eunmi's face. Guilt washed over me from the worry I must have caused her. I know the feeling, many times, the roles were switched; And I was the one that was worried to death about her safety and well being.

A pair of brunette heads that were passing by snapped me out of my thoughts.

I quickly looked to Sunmi who was still occupied by Eunmi to notice them too. I know she's going to hate me for this but...

"Hey! Kai! Taemin! Who don't you come sit with us?" I called. Right as the words slipped out of my lips I dared not look in Sunmi's direction. I didn't need ot look at her to know she was giving me a glare that was almost burning a hole through my back. The Lee twins looked hesitant once they say Sunmi, they almost looked scared.

I patted the spot on the grass next to me, a little bit of their worry vanished but it would return once they glance beack at Sunmi, who didn't object to the twins presence. They sat down next me, the side which was farthest away from Sunmi. Then, silence. Nobody said a word. I found that the silence wasn't helping the mood, so I decided to start a conversation with Kai.

"So... how are your classes, Kai?" I know it was lame but what else am I supposed to say? I barely know the guy.

"Fine." That was his only response. Well, that got nowhere.

"And how about you, Taemin?"

"Also fine." He replied without looking at anybody, only his food. Seriously? Do these guys have a limited vocabulary or what?

I nodded. Well, these guys are hopeless. I give up.

Again. More silence...

Sunmi POV

I swear if looks could kill, Jonghyun would be dead and cremated by now. What was he thinking by inviting them over here?! They can't even hold a conversation. I noticed that others walking by had puzzled expressions once they saw that Kai and Taemin were here. I mean who would be confused when the three of us made such a big scene the other day.

I guess Jonghyun never go the memo of what the Lee twins are capable of. I know from personal experience what they can do with a snap of their fingers, and a waved of their credit cards. They were one of the most richest families in Seoul. And thats what made them this way, unsociable, quiet, and full of themselves. Their trust in others vanished once I did. It hurt me to know that my disappearanc ein their lives ma have made them this way.

I felt my eyes start to water gain. No. Not here in front of them. I tried my best to hold them in. I felt for the cold locket under my shirt, to which I found it soothing and comforting.

After a few moments I noticed Kai looking at me intently while I did this. His staring made me uneasy so I dropped my hand back down to my side. Kai realizing I did that turned away sheepishly.

Still more silence...

Then a loud clap startled me and made me jump.

"So," Jonghyun started again. "this is fun." I tried my best to not laugh at that remark. Jonghyun ignored it. "How about we all hang out some time? All five of us." He said, I nearly choked on the air I was breathing.

You crazy Dino Faced Mutt!!!

Taemin's face seemd uneasy, but for some reason, Kai's seemed to light up a bit from the suggestion.

"We'd really ike that." Kai seemed to reply instantly. Taemin's face was completely bewildered, as was mine.

Jonghyun smiled kindly at them in appreciation. Right after that, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch time. Taemin and Kai were the first to get up, they waved us goodbye and left. Eunmi got up too, telling us that she had to meet up with her friends before she had to go to class. Jonghyun murmured something about heading to his next class before he was late but I stopped him before he ran off too.

"Jonghyun..." I called, he didn't turn around, so I stepped in front of him to get his attention.

"Jonghyun..." I said again.

"Yes, Princess." He said it as innocently as a kid would, but it's not going to work.

"What was that?" I asked, as sweetly as my clenched teeth would allow.

"What was what?" He acted oblivious.

I placed my hands on either side of his face, bringing his face closer to mine; And gave him a don't-you-dare-push-it look.

He pulled away, and stepped backwards a good enough distance from me. "Okay, okay. I know your mad, but-but I thought that it would be best if we all got along. I mean they dont look like their going to hurt anybody. Do they look like monsters to you?"

No, not at all. Was what I wanted to say, but I couldn't. I would let the sentence slip my lips. Because I wasn't so sure if that was true or not anymore.

Jonghyun looked exasperated when I didn't answer.

"Well they aren't. They didn't hurt me, if you don't remember, they practically saved my life!"

I knew that. I want to think they aren't bad. I want to think that those boys I knew when I was little are still there, but there are things that are holding me back from doing so.

I sighed. "I just hope you know what you are doing, Jonghyun."

He came up closer to me. "I do." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Promise me you will come."

I nodded.

"And that you'll participate."

I hesitantly nodded.

"And that you won't start another fight."

I was about to protest that I didn't start it but he placed a finger on my lips, hushing me.

"And I don't want to hear it, Princess. Just promise me."

I reluctantly nodded, slapping his finger away from my mouth.

"Good." He pulled me to a hug. With my ear against his chest, I scarcely heard his heartbeat. I found it soothing, all of the concern about Taemin and Kai were gone. In Jonghyun's arms, I felt comfort.

Taemin POV

I watched as Kai intently stared in Jonghyun and Sunmi's way. I looked too, unsurprised they were hugging.

"They look like a couple." I said, Kai seemed to tense.

"No they don't." He hissed. What's gotten into him?

"I'm just saying. And besides they may look good together." Kai just ignored my comment and continued to stare at them. I glanced in their direction too. Jonghyun's arms encircled around her, and her cheek rested against his chest.

I felt at my clothed chest, because something felt off. For the first itme in my life, my chest felt heavy, like led. I didn't like it. I stomped off in the opposite direction, not looking back.


Ookay. Crappy chapter I know. Don't worry it'll get better. I promise :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME <3 SARANGHAE ;D