Chapter 9

Three Pieces

Taemin POV

The bell signaling lunch rang at it's deafening pitch, as it does daily. Kai immediately stood up and collected his things and want was heading for the door, but I wavered behind, still lost in thought. Kai noticed my absence and stood at the door frame expectantly. I still sat there staring at the blank paper before me that was supposed to be full of notes.

"Taemin?" Kai called.

I sighed and slowly made my way over to him. Kai didn't say anything but started to head in the direction of the rooftop. I came to a sudden idea and immediately grabbed his sleeve, preventing from going any further.

Kai gave me a questioning look.  "Ummm, are you okay?"

"Let's not eat on the rooftop today." I suggested. I waited a little bit for his response because he made a face of uncertainty.

He shrugged. "I guess if you don't want to...but we're not eating in the lunchroom with everybody."

I nodded. Eating in the lunchroom with all of the other students would only attract unwanted attention. There'd be more whispering, more pointing, and more stares, both of us hated that.

I led Kai in the opposite direction of the stairs that lead to the rooftop, and he just followed without saying a word.

Kai POV

I decided not to question Taemin right now, for the last few days something has been off with him, and from what our maids have been whispering about in the mansion, so have I. Not that I put a thought into what they thought about us.

I was eventually lead to the schoolyard. Taemin didn't stop walking when we passed the benched or the outdoor tables, no, he eventually came to a stop when we reached the large tree in the back of the schoolyard.

"Here." He guestured to the large oak. He began to settle himself upon the grass, when we heard voices. We heard a male and female voice laugh and a familiar female voice start to scold the two.

Taemin eyes widened and looked to me when the voices obviously came closer. I looked in the direction of the voices and their bodies became clearer the closer they came. Of course it was none other than Park Sunmi, and those other two she hung out with now, one being that annoying Dino face that drove her to school today.

Seeing her face, I panicked. Snatching Taemin's arm I pulled him behind the gigantic tree. To our luck, they didn't see us. When they reached the spot where Taemin was just sitting, I mentally scolded myself.

Why the heck am I hiding?! There's no reason I should be hiding! It's not like I'm afraid of her. I'm guessing, Taemin and I were thinking alike because he grunted before kicking me in the shin. I clamped my hand over my mouth to be sure not to yelp in pain giving away our position. Since I had nothing else to do I started to listen in on thier conversation, not that I couldn't anyways.

"Stupid *Stab* Ignorant *Stab* Selfish *Stab* Moronic *Stab* And just plain JERKS!! *Stab, Stab, Stab*" Sunmi yelled. I swear I flinched everytime her fork came in contact with her food. Maybe I'm a little scared of her... JUST A LITTLE!!

"Woah! Hold on there, Sunmi. Calm down." I heard Dino head yell. You could feel the veins popping out of the side of her forehead.

"I am perfectly calm, Jonghyun!" She snapped, I had to place my hand over my mouth to keep myself from laughing. Haha, for you, Dino head. I kept a mental note to remember that his name is Jonghyun and to stop calling him Dino head.

"Not from the looks of your food." He replied, his voice a little hesitant.

A peered around the tree, to see her looking solemnly down at her food. But it was obvious that her temper still hadn't gone down.

"Well, maybe I like it this way, huh?!" She snapped once again.

I continued to listen to their conversation, Sunmi was very upset about something, more like someone.

After awhile Din-Jonghyun got up to throw away his trash. Taemin nudged my arm, as if reading my mind, he guestured for us to follow him. We made our way around the tree so it didn't look like we just came from behind and followed Jonghyun. As we were passing by I heard the small female, I think her name was Eunmi, say our names. I tried to turn around to make sure but Taemin pulled my arm along to follow Dino-hyun...Jonghyun.

????? POV

I gazed down the schoolyard from the abandoned classroom window. I pulled my glasses higher on the bridge of my nose. Looking at the large oak tree I saw the new girl, Sunmi, was it? Her expression gave off an enraging aura. She seemed too unapproachable right now. The small girl next to her, petite, gentle, and fragile looking, Kim Eunmi. Sister to Kim Jonghyun, the ever so famous playboy.

Jonghyun excused himself from the group, getting up to throw away his trash. I grew bored and started to occupy myself with some other group of student, but my attention was averted back to them because making their way from behind the tree, making sure to not be noticed, was the also famous, Lee Twins. They started to tail Jonghyun as he was making his way to the trash bin.

Interesting. Was my only thought.

Kai and Taemin started a small conversation with Jonghyun before leading him somewhere.

I heard the abandoned classroom door open. I didn't turn around though.

"Kyungsoo? Are you coming?" I heard my friend call.

I still didn't turn around, but I smiled out the window.

"Yes." I replied. "I'll be down in a little bit."