Chapter 8

Three Pieces

Eunmi POV

I became easily worried for Jonghyun with each passing minute. He still hadn't returned to class. I knew this because I was texting Jonghyun's best friend Minho. He said he hasn't gotten their english class yet, and he was worried too.

I felt my phone rumble under the palm of my hand, I checked to see if anybody was looking before I looked at the text.

From: Minho

To: Eunmi

I'm getting very worried. I'm thinking about checking around the school for a bit, I'll tell the teacher I need to head to the bathroom as an excuse... :/

Minho knew I've always cared for my brother but I didn't want to risk him getting in trouble.

From: Eunmi

To: Minho

No, that's alright. I'm sure he'll show up :$

I typed this and sent it, but I didn't believe it myself. I recieved another text seconds after I sent it.

From: Minho

To: Eunmi

To be honest, I'm not so sure. You said he disappeared during lunch, right? Did you see anything wierd out there? :/

I wavered over the thought of what I should type next, I really did see something out there. As Jonghyun was walking off to go throw away trash, I saw Taemin and Kai walk in that direction. But what I didn't understand is that it looked like they came from some place behind us. I knew this couldn't be true. Besides, what could they possibly want with Jonghyun? He didn't do anything wrong, he practically saved them form Sunmi's wrath the other day.

Even though I've always thought I could tell Minho anything, I decided that this wasn't something I was required to tell him.

From: Eunmi

To: Minho

No, not at all.

I shut off my phone before he could respond again, and dropped it into my backpack. I sighed and absentmindedly looked out the window.

"Jonghyun, please be alright." I whispered.

Sunmi POV

I know Eunmi is really worried about Jonghyun, she is his sister after all. I was also a little worried, but probably not as much as Eunmi. I saw her fiddling with her phone, her expression turned into frustration after a while, and she finally put her phone away. Her attention wandered to what was going on outside, completely ignoring the lecture that was taking place in the front of the classroom.

I couldn't remember anything unusual when Jonghyun left. Well, maybe he just didn't feel like going to class. No. Jonghyun is sneaky, teasing, and a little manipulative, but he doesn't seem like the kind to ditch class. My mind wavered on the thoughts floating around in my head so much I started to get a headache.

My fingers started to fiddle with the pen in my hands, my fingers lost it's grip and the pen fell to the floor, rolling to the guy sitting to the left of me. He didn't seem to notice.

"Umm, Excuse me.... Hello?" I whispered, trying to get his attention. He finally looked at me."Do you mind getting that?" I pointed, gesturing to the pen next to his foot. He looked at the pen and then back at me. He held my gaze, my full attention was focused on only his eyes. His thin glasses only made him more intriguing. For awhile we just sat there staring at each other, for some reason I couldn't look away. Like somehting was compelling me to look into his hazelnut eyes.

His expression turned into something, something I couldn't decipher, sadness, worry, confusion maybe. I couldn't tell. He broke eye contact and reached down to pick up my pen. What surprised me a little was that instead of handing it back, he just kept it. Now it was my turn to be confused. I saw him look at me out of the corner of his eye and I gave him a 'what the hell' look.

His lips curled into a small smirk before he started to pick up on the lecture going on in the front of the room, acting as if nothing just happened.

I huffed, before trying to pay attention to the lecture myself. But to my dismay I still couldn't. I started to get a wierd feeling, like a paIr of eyes were watching my every movement. I looked to the right and sure enough, the boy was starig at me, he still held that same expression he had earlier. When I looked at him, his eyes wavered on me for a few more seconds before returning to the teacher.

I started to grow frustrated becasue it became a pattern, he would look at me, look away, not look my direction at all, and then a few minutes later go back to looking directly at me. Finally, I had enough.

"What is your problem?" I whisper hissed in his direction. He looked at me in full surprise. Then he did what I never expected once again. He started to laugh. The teacher sent a warning glare our way but the laughing boy ignored it. When I thought he was just going to return back to his work, he stuck out hs hand to me. In the palm of his hand was my pen.

I was hesitant, but he beckoned for me to take it. I took the pen form his hands but that's when I noticed the slip of paper wrapped around the cap. It said: I think I saw him with Taemin and Kai if that's what your so worried about right now. My eyes widened in shock but as I turned in his direction to ask about the note, the bell had rung, signaling lunch time. And he was out in a flash. I just stood there, astonished.


Honestly I'm not so happy with this chapter but I'll have to deal with it. I am glad I finally added an Eunmi POV. So what'd you guys think? Any ideas on who the mysterious guy is? Any thoughts on how he knew what happened to Jonghyun? Any ideas what Taemin and Kai wany with Jonghyun? Please comment below. ^^

UNTIL NEXT TIME <3 SARANGHAE

BYE BYE