Chapter 1

Three Pieces

Taemin POV

As the both of us walked into the classroom, all of the conversations had stopped. The students then stated to whisper  o each other as be both took our seats. I heard a girl giggle, and I saw another student point in our direction. I knew they were talking about us, we both knew, but we didn't actually care. For us, there has only been each other, we didn't care what anybody else thought...

We werent always like this, it's hard to believe now, but we used to be carefree and innocent when we were little. What caused us to be this way? Her.

The sudden bell signaling class was going to start snapped me out of my thoughts. I mentally slapped myself for even thinking about her. The past is the past, there's no need to think about it now. But still... I can't help but feel uneasy today. I mean, last night, I had a dream about her, I haven't dreamt about her in a long time. Why today?

My uneasiness made it hard for me to focus in class. I finally gave up trying to pay attention and just put my head on my desk.

Kai POV

I saw Taemin's eyebrows keep knotting together in frustration, then he finally put his head on his desk. I knew something was bothering him. I nudged his head with my elbow, but he only turned his head on his desk to face me. He looked at me with an annoyed expression, only for him to recieve a death glare back from me. Through all of this I still heard parts about what the teacher had said, something about a new student.

The teacher finally stopped talking and signaled for someone to come in. It was a girl, no doubt the new student. I nudged Taemin to get up again, but when he saw her he just had a bored expression, then put his head back down.

I looked at her closely, she was, very... interesting. She introduced her self as Park Sunmi. She had just come from America, but was born in Korea. I could see the way her eyes were that she was indeed Korean, but she had a slight American accent when she spoke, probably something she picked up. Her brown hair was the same chocolately color as her eyes. Her hair had hung down her waist, and her pale skin gave her a natural look.

 The whole time she was talking she was figgeting, I knew she was nervous. Her eyes scanned the classroom cautiously as she spoke. But when her eyes stopped on our seats she blinked a bit, she almost looked astonished, but when she saw I was looking she immediately looked away.

The teacher finally asked her to take her seat next to another student( a student I don't bother to know). But as she sat down she peeked back at us, but looked away again, this time her cheeks reddening a bit.

"Why did she look at us like that?" I heard Taemin say. I jumped a little, because I thought he had gone to sleep. He looked at the girl but then back at me, I only shrugged.

"Great," He said in a sarcastic tone. "Just what we need, another fan girl.." he sighed and put his head back down. I gave him another glare, but he didn't notice.

During the rest of the class period, I never saw her look at us again, actually I noticed that she was trying to avoid looking this way. I tried to ignore her. When the bell rang for lunch, Taemin and I left for the rooftop, like we always do.

"She's odd." I say.

"Who?" Taemin asked." That new girl?"

"Yeah."

"I think she looks plain, she looks like any other girl. But..." Taemin said, his eyes glued onto the sky.

"What is it?"

"She's...I.. I don't know. She just seems... there's just something different aout her for some reason."

"I know what you mean." I said, Taemin eyes wandered back to me. We sat there in silence for awhile.

"...but... not in a good way." He gave a cold stare off in the distance. More silence.

"Suddenly, I'm not so hungry, lets go back." He said. We both agreed. But I couldn't help but feel uneasy when we started to leave. My eyes scanned the rooftop, but nobody was there.

"You coming?" I heard Taemin call.

"Y-Yeah..." And we left.

Park Sunmi POV

I saw Kai start to look around, his eyes scanning the rooftop. I quickly hid myself behind the vent shaft circulator. Luckily, he didn't see me. Kai stopped when he was called by Taemin, when they left, I breathed a large sigh of relief.

I walked out of my hiding place and looked at the view below. The school ground was so wide, and filled with students.

"Out of all the schools I could have gone to, I came here? With them?" I said to myself. But I suddenly giggled in spite.

"But you sure have gotten big, Taemin and Kai. I hardly recognized you two." I pulled out the locket from inside my shirt. When I opened it, it started to play a music box melody. Then a tear fell down my cheek and onto the picture inside. "I hope you can forgive me."

"Do you hate me? Are you mad at me? Have I failed you Haerin?" I whispered.