Chapter4

Confused...

 

chapter 4;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE

'  single quotation means the thoughts of the characters'


Stepping out of the library, Suni breathed in the cold, which she found that was too icy.  Soon, she found the scarf that was buried inside her bag, and wrapped it around her neck tighter, though it was so tight that it was almost choking her, she didn't care.  The tears constantly rolling down her cheeks had damped her scarf wet, but she kept it hanging around her neck, and occasionally pulling it higher, so that she could hide her tears. 

She took her first step towards her house, away from the library, the place where her sad memories would stay.  Suni didn't stop until she was standing in front of her house.  Panting a bit after walking for so long without a stop, bringing too much chilly air into her lungs made uncomfortable.

She mindlessly brushed away the autumn leaves that had fallen onto the front steps of her house using her tired foot.  Then she held out her key, insert it into the key-hole, turned it, and opened the door. 

Everything seemed to be in extra-slow motion. 

Putting her bag onto the couch that was the nearest to her, the lights and then headed for her bedroom.  Her energy already left her during the 20 minutes walk, her brain too tired to think, her eyes dried from all the tears that she had shed.   

Suni used all the energy that she had left and brought herself onto the icy bed.

 

 

 

 

-Back in the library-

Daehyun was smiling to himself when that girl beside him said that Suni was beautiful.

  He mouthed a thank you to her and looked at his phone to check if Runi had answered him yet.

But no, there's no unread messages. 

He pouted cutely and looked around and there was something that didn't feel right.  He just felt it, probably he'd got a sixth sense or something along those lines, but he couldn't figure out what it was.  He shrugged and kicked that thought out of his mind, while packing his stuff back into his bag, ready to leave the library. 

He then pushed the chair and looked at the other tables, and finally, he knew what was missing. 

Suni!!! 

How could he even forget about her when the girl beside had just been talking about her? 

How could he be so careless that he didn't even notice that she's gone? 

"!" He tried to lower down his volume, but he just did the opposite.  He ran through the narrow way between the bookshelves, hoping that she was just roaming around, but there's no sign of her.

Daehyun, panting with his palms on his knees, hastily ran out of the library, having a mere hope that Suni didn't run too far away.  Being a head taller than the people passing by, he looked around.  However, there's still no sign of Suni.

"Aish!" He screamed, causing people to stare at him, "Where is she?!!" 

He ruffled his hair into a mess in frustration, and fished out his phone.  Keying a short cut of Suni's number, he dialled it immediately. 

"What?! Voicemail?!"  He screamed at the screen of his phone, and dialled another hundred times, but all went to the voicemail.  He gave up and started running towards Suni's house. 

Before, Suni would always welcome him to her home for aftertoon tea, or just for doing homework.  Suni even gave him the door key so that he could come visit her at anytime. However, nowadays, Daehyun have a lot of team practises and Suni would just go home alone. 

He sighed as he arrived at Suni's house.  Standing in front of the house that he used to consider as his second home, he saw that the house's lights were still on.

"So she's at her house..." Daehyun murmured, didn't understand why she would leave on her own when she was like sticking herself to him with tape in the morning.

He laced his fingers around the door knob and hesitantly inserted the key into the key-hole and held the door open as quiet as possible. A tiny smile crept onto his face as he saw the house didn't change and everything's in place.

He slowly made his way up to Suni's room.

Daehyun carefully went inside the room and saw Suni lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully. He walked towards the bed and frowned slightly when he saw the dried tearstains on her face. He caressed her cheek and gently wiped away the warm liquid that was rolling its way down her perfect face.

Daehyun felt guilty when he looked at Suni creased her eyebrows together even in her sleep.   He had no idea why she was crying and even in her sleep.   Even as a boyfriend, she'd still keeping her emotions from him.   He had always known that she always act as a strong girl and loved to hide her feelings.   He knew her so well that it's like their minds were connected.   But after sometime, he somehow felt that there was a gap between them and silently growing larger and larger, he just couldn't understand what made this happened.

He was a slow learner, knowing things only after they had happened, though he didn't realize it himself.

He leaned in and placed a soft kiss between her eyebrows and Suni immediately softly smiled in her sleep.   Daehyun felt his heart thumping faster inside of his ribcage, gazing at his love.   He checked on her and tugged her in her blanket properly before he prepared to leave.   Daehyun sighed inwardly and reluctantly placed one more gentle peck on Suni lips before he closed the door and went out of her house.

On the way back to his own home, he felt the cold wind on his face, and wrapped the scarf that Suni had given to him tightly around his neck, inhaling her sweet scent.   He could still picture her sweet smile when she wrapped this scarf around his neck and told him not to catch a cold on a chilly winter night.

But then his thoughts flew back to the library and the incident that happened this morning.

He felt another wave of guilt taking over him, and regretted for ignoring her this morning and the silent-treatment at the library.

He murmured a 'sorry' in his mind when he pictured her face at the opposite table at the library this morning and the dried tearstains that was covering her face while she was sleeping.

''Was it me? Was she crying... because of me?'' He asked himself. ''Perhaps I was too concentrated on the book this morning... or was I just simply losing interest in her...?''

But then he knew that his heart still go crazy when he saw her, panic when she suddenly disappear, and so losing interest was the last thing on his list.

''Then... is it because of... Runi...?'' He thought about the girl that he was texting, the sweet response that she would give him and the encouragements when he confessed all the difficulties that he was facing to her. The conversations...

''Oh... and she still hadn't replied to my message yet...'' His hands were grasping the phone tightly and his heart fell when there wasn't any reply.

'Was it wrong to think about another girl when I have Suni already?' Daehyun thought.

'But it just felt so right...' He was brought back to the reality when he saw the neighbourhood and then his home.

His mind was in a mess... full of Suni and... Runi.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

last edited: 6/11/13
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )