Chapter11

Confused...

 

chapter 11;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE

'  single quotation means the thoughts of the characters'


 

It was like the time had stopped for Hyemi.  She stood there, looking at Daehyun's magnified features with her widened eyes.  Her heart was beating faster than ever, and she felt the temperature was rising at an impossible rate.  

After a swift moment, Daehyun pulled back but she was not able to move because of Daehyun's arms still wrapping tightly around her waist. 

Himchan hissed and barked, "Get off of my girl this instant!"

"You know what? I think you deserve a better man than that dog."  Daehyun calmly commented before he retreated backwards, towards the door.

----

Daehyun sat on his couch in the living room and kept thinking about the incident that happened just now.  Then, he felt his phone vibrating and saw that Runi had send a message to him.  He clutched onto his shirt and thought, 'Is this a hint for me to move on?'

----

 

*Next day*

 

 

Suni grabbed a bun and rushed to school.   She found her seat beside the window and sat down.   She never liked people sitting with her except Daehyun in school, since only Daehyun's silent presence would make her safe and concentrate in classes.   However, her classmates always sent her glares when she was with Daehyun.

 

A boy made his way to the seat beside her and asked, "Is this seat taken?"

 

Suni looked up and gave Baekhyun a warm smile and shook her head, then said quietly, "Nope. "

 

Baekhyun pulled the chair out from under the desk and plopped onto the chair.  He chuckled at Suni's puffed cheeks while she was munching on the bun. 

 

"Had a good sleep last night?" He asked and ruffled her hair gently.

 

Suni nodded and finished the bun in one last big bite.  Baekhyun couldn't leave his eyes off her and bluntly asked,"Hey, you didn't wear the hat that I gave you yesterday..."

 

Suni chuckled at Baekhyun and replied," It isn't that cold today."

 

Honestly, Baekhyun didn't want to talk about Daehyun but still he thought it'd be impolite to take Daehyun's seat, so he decided to stand up and get back to his seat.   However, just as he was about to leave the seat, Daehyun came in.   Not only him, but also a girl clinging herself onto him. Baekhyun immediately removed his gaze from the door and pretended that he saw nothing at all.  

 

But Suni was quick enough to catch his gaze and silently gasped at what he saw.   Her gaze couldn't be peeled off from Daehyun, who was still as handsome as always, even though she had already broken up with him.   Her gaze trailed down from his stylish hairstyle, to his captivating eyes, his kissable lips ... and a hand on his arm?  

 

Without realizing that Daehyun was already approaching her, Suni looked up and saw Daehyun's annoyed expression on his face.

 

'Was he annoyed because of me?' Suni quietly thought and kept her poker face on.

 

"Hyung, why are you sitting on my seat?" Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows at Baekhyun and the girl beside him stared at Baehyun as well.

 

"I just wanted to accompany Suni." Baekhyun immediately washed away the idea of leaving Suni alone and decided to stay beside Suni, and said,"since you've got a girl, I guess you'd rather sit with her."

 

Daehyun coldly shrugged, not even bothering to glance at Suni and took the seats behind her and Baekhyun.  

 

Suni's shoulders deflated.   Daehyun treated her as if she was a stranger, as if he was not hurt at all... so what's that pleading face when she asked him to break up with her?  A lie?

 

She could hear the conversations between the two lovebirds behind her and she was jealous.   Tears were forming at the corners of her eyes but she blinked them back.   Baekhyun looked at Suni with sympathetic eyes and put his arm around her to give her support.

 

 

 

 

---Daehyun's pov

 

It was a disaster this moring.

'Aish!  I shouldn't have kissed that demanding girl...' He looked at Hyemi who was clinging onto his arm right now.

 

 

*flashback*

 

"Daehyun oppa, Himchan oppa left me because of you!" Hyemi pointed an accusing finger and sobbed while she followed him into the campus.  All the students were looking at them with amused expressions on their faces.

 

"So what?  That's not my business.  I'm not as nosy as you." Daehyun calmly said as he got his books from the locker and slammed the locker door closed.

 

"You've got to pay for this!" Hyemi shook Daehyun's body while wailing like a kid, and yelled, " he hated impure girls and you were the one who stole my first k-"

 

Daehyun widened his eyes and lucky enough, he shut  in time. 

 

"No.  I'll only repeat this once more, clearly, I won't pay for anything because I wasn't the one at fault. " Daehyun whispered near her ear and the students around went gossiping, but shut up when he sent them death glares.

 

"Oppa!  If you don't, I'll say the thing in front of the whole school to make you regret your decision!" Hyemi said while crossing her arms with a mad expression on her face.

 

"It's only a kiss, you know I give out 1,000,000 kisses a day." Daehyun looked at her with a straight face.  There's no way such a weak girl could make him lose his reputation as one of the handsome kingkas in the school.

 

"Well, but you know people tend to pity the victim more and you'll never know if I'll add some spice to make the story even more appealing to the audience ... " Hyemi slyly said. "If that ever happens... "

 

"Aish..." Daehyun's in deep trouble now and he was too late to withdraw from it now.  He gave up and nodded, "fine.  Tell me how do you want me to pay you?"

 

"Simple."  She smiled innocently and said, "Replace Himchan and love me."

 

*Flashback ended*

 

 

 

'Oh my goodness... what have I done?!' Daehyun exclaimed inside his head and regretted kissing Hyemi.  This was not what he expected.  He used the whole night thinking about moving on from Suni or not, but he just couldn't leave Suni.  Therefore, he was planning to get back Suni today, but then... boom!  This Hyemi just suddenly pops out and ruined everything.

 

He kept an annoyed expression on his face and really hated Hyemi clinging onto his arm.

 

'My arm is only for Suni to cling onto, you stinky girl,' He scowled silently in his mind and shook his arm a little, but Hyemi just hold onto him even harder.

 

He sighed and pushed the classroom door open.   Everyone's not at their seats as usual, and his gaze fell upon the girl that he had missed so much.   He stole a glance at her but then saw Baekhyun beside her and suddenly felt his anger boiling again.   He tried to pry Hyemi's arm off and decided to make Baekhyun leave his seat this instant. 

 

Daehyun rushed to his seat and stared at Baekhyun who was giving a 'what' look at him.   He cleared his throat before asking, "Hyung, why are you sitting on my seat?"

 

"I just wanted to accompany Suni." Baekhyun immediately replied and Daehyun was beyond furious.

 

'Accompany my girl in front of me?!' Daehyun shouted angrily in his heart.

 

Baekhyun then said,"since you've got a girl, I guess you'd rather sit with her."

 

Daehyun was speechless.  

 

'That isn't my girl!' He really wanted to shout it out.

 

His eyes moved automatically to try to take a glance at Suni before he could say something, but her poker face stopped him from doing so.  She had changed so much.   Just in a few days and she no longer look at him and didn't even care about him?  

 

'Fine, I'll do the same.' Daehyun thought and then  coldly shrugged, not even bothering to glance at Suni anymore and took the seats behind her and Baekhyun.  

 

"Oppa, can we have lunch together later?" Hyemi, still having her arm clinging onto Daehyun's , asked him with a huge victorious smile, after hearing what Baekhyun had said, on her face.

 

"N-" But the sentence was cut off with a death glare of Hyemi's. "Fine."

 

"Then let's go to the rooftop later so that we can enjoy the lunch with only the two of us."  Hyemi said with another huge grin on her face, but Daehyun ignored her and drifted off into his own world.

 

Daehyun couldn't concentrate in all the lessons since his eyes always wandered back onto the person that he solely loved.    He could feel the loneliness whenever Suni turned her head and smiled sweetly at Baekhyun.    He clenched his fist but continued to look at the two in front of him.    He reminisced the old times when he was in Baekhyun's place, whispering and helping Suni to write notes when she dozed off.    All those memories seemed so sweet, so nice that he felt they were too faraway for him to reach.

 

Suddenly, to his surprise, Suni turned her head and looked at Daehyun with big curious eyes.   Daehyun was shocked but his mouth was gradually forming a warm smile.  Was she going to say something to me finally?   Finally an apologize so that they could get back together after these torturing lonely days?

But it was a big no no.

Daehyun's eyes were locked with Suni's for a few seconds before a chalk landed on Daehyun's forehead perfectly.   Daehyun groaned in pain while Suni shook her head, chuckling softly at Daehyun's confused face.

 

"JUNG DAEHYUN! " Mr. Kang booming voice made the whole class shivered in fear.  Daehyun immediately turned his head to meet Mr. Kang's furious gaze.  "ANSWER THIS NOW!  I've been asking you for the umptenth now!  What's the answer?"

 

Daehyun cautiously blinked at his teacher and looked at the board with an embarrassed expression and replied," Sorry, I don't know."

 

"GET OUT OF THIS CLASSROOM THIS INSTANT AND HOLD THE CHAIR ABOVE YOUR HEAD FOR THE REST OF THE LESSON!"

 

"Today is really a disaster," Daehyun muttered under his breath as he lowered down his head and rushed out of the classroom with his chair.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES.
YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES.

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )