Chapter3

Confused...

 

chapter3;Library incident1
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE

*Italics mean that it's a message.*

'  single quotation means the thoughts of the characters'

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Daehyun was heading to the library, exactly what he had told Runi.  He sighed and looked at the busy streets, huge traffic and people walking in one direction, like a flock of animals.  He stood underneath the traffic light, closing his eyes for a while to rest, listening to the sound of the traffic lights and people chatting around him.  He was standing there, motionless, waiting for the 'tickling' sound of the lights to change.

Suni, losing her breath while catching up with Daehyun, was now standing beside Daehyun.  

She whispered, "Daehyun oppa..." But Daehyun didn't even turn his head to look at her. 

She wondered was he sleeping or what.  Suni poked his side but Daehyun still didn't move.  She thought of the last thing that she could do and hugged him, yelling, "Daehyun oppa!"  

Finally, Daehyun flinched a little and turned his head to the source of the person who was yelling his name.  He was surprised to see Suni beside him and locking her arms real tight around him. 

He loosen the hug and give a cold look at her, "What are you doing here?" He casually asked with his indifferent tone.

Suni pouted cutely and hoped that Daehyun would know that he was so cold, so different to the days when he had just proposed to her.    But Daehyun just gave her a cold look and a short sentence and that was all.  She sighed inwardly.

'Perhaps I should've leave him alone...' She thought.  Although Suni was disappointed, she showed that she's a happy girl on the outside.  Perhaps it's because she had done it since small, avoiding questions, sympathy, anything that would make her look weak, wounded.  She would rather keep these weaknesses to herself, and show others that she's fine.

Suni hooked her arms onto Daehyun's and smiled sweetly, "Where are you going oppa?" Totally ignoring Daehyun's question.

Daehyun gave up and let her walked beside him.  He shrugged and said bluntly, "To the ABC library. For revision." Suni nodded and replied, " I shall go with you then, since I have nothing to do."

"Fine, whatever." Daehyun left two words and opened the door that led to the library.  The door almost hit right into Suni's face, since he didn't even hold the door open for her.  Suni felt anger slowly building inside her, this had exceeded the limit that she could hold.  It's like a thermometer, and the indicator was rushing up upwards. Just one more push, and the thermometer would blow off. 

Suni tried to keep her anger inwards, with her fist curled into a ball, she took a deep breath and walked towards Daehyun.  However, Daehyun just walked towards a table where there's only one seat left.  He acted as if Suni didn't exist.  He pulled out the seat and dug out his books and started reading it. 

Suni looked at the table that Daehyun had sat, 'a nice choice, between 2 hot girls huh?'

She stared at him but he ducked his head into the book already.  She shook her head and sat at the table opposite to Daehyun's , grabbing a random book, and opened it. 

Suni occasionally lowered her book and stole glances at him, but he seemed he didn't even care.  Her heart fell and took out her phone to see if there's any messages from her friend or Baehyun, but there's none. 

She could feel the cracks on her heart, growing, the sound of the cracking louder, and her heartbeat slowed, like her heart was gonna die.

She turned her gaze back on Daehyun, not knowing the clock had ticked to 5pm, and the people were gradually leaving, leaving Daehyun, the 2 hot girls beside him, herself and a few people left in the library.

Suni regretted coming to the library, it was just like she was invisible and Daehyun was just ignoring for the whole day.  She returned the book onto the bookshelf and walked towards Daehyun, and saw him toying with his phone.  She wanted to walk closer, but then her phone beeped.

She hesitantly stopped her steps, and pulled out her phone.   'A message from Baekhyun?' She unconciously smiled at the message.

"Hey~ I missed talking to you... even if it hadn't been a day..." Suni blushed a bit because of his cheesiness. She replied,"Me too~ how was your revision?" 

After stuffing her phone back into her pocket, she eyed Daehyun, who was still toying with his phone. 'Seemed like he's texting someone...'   Suni took a step closer to him but then was stopped when another beep was heard.  It wasn't coming from her phone, but from the girl who was sitting beside Daehyun.  The girl was sending a text, since the sound indicating a message had been sent was so loud that even Suni can hear it.

Suni didn't find anything wrong with that girl texting but then she noticed the she was smirking at Daehyun.  And the next scene totally shocked her.   That girl peeked at Daehyun's phone and winked at him.   Daehyun didn't even take his phone away, instead, his phone beeped and he looked at his phone and abruptly typed in something, then he turned his head to the girl and smiled softly.

'What does he think he is doing? Flirting in front of his own girlfriend?!'  Suni stared at them when the girl chuckled while looking at her phone.  She mentally cursed. 

Was that even real?  The one that she loved was exchanging smiles with a random girl when she only received cold stares? 

She felt the phone vibrating in her pocket and beeped, but she didn't even care to see the message when she was so stuck in her thoughts with her both eyes landing on the smile that was on Daehyun's face.  He looked so happy and at ease, looking at his phone, having his signature smille that he used to give Suni solely. 

Suni looked at the girl and Daehyun, perhaps she was wrong, maybe it was just a coincidence.  She shook her head and wanted to tell Daehyun that she would leave first. 

However, that girl suddenly leaned onto Daehyun and mouthed something to him, with a satisfied smile on her face.  In return, Daehyun smiled the killer-smile at her.

Suni couldn't take that anymore, she knew denying it would be just telling a lie to herself.  She was right, Daehyun didn't love her anymore. 

He ignored her. 

He talked to a random hot girl and even whispered... something that Suni didn't even want to know.  She felt herself exploding with anger, and clenched her fist tight to avoid those tears rolling down her cheeks.   She knew clearly that Daehyun wouldn't even care if she broke down now, he looked like the happiest guy in the world right now... with a girl that's not her...

Her heart ached, it was something that she had never experienced before.  It was so foreign and the pain didn't leave her.  She tried to fight back her tears and hoped that Daehyun would turn and look at her, comfort her, tell her that it was just illusions that she had seen, nothing was real, and... he loved her... 

She stared at him but he never turned, perhaps he didn't even know that she had left her table. 

Suni closed her eyes and hung her head low, with a drop of tear rolling down her cheek, she knew that she couldn't stop herself from collapsing anymore.  She stole a last glance at Daehyun before rushing out of the library.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

edited: ??/10/13
 

( h a r l e q u i n. )