Chapter13

Confused...

 

chapter 13;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE

*...* = messages

------------------

 

"Was I thinking too much?"  Suni wondered while toying with her phone.

 

It's been a few days since Baekhyun and her went to the amusement park.  However, after that innocent peck that day, Baekhyun seemed to resume to the quiet Baekhyun in friend zone.

 

Suni exhaled and decided to text him.  She randomly typed a message to him through Frds.com.

 

 

 

Daehyun was exhausted.  That Hyemi was the most annoying brat he had ever known.  He laid down on the bed and was surprised when he received a message.

 

Runi:  *Why are you avoiding me after that day?*

'Me?' Daehyun thought and scratched his head in confusion.  It was true that he hadn't talked to her for sometime now.  But he wasn't sure what day was she referring to.  He became curious and replied.

Then came the answer that he didn't want to hear. 

Runi:  *You forgot our date...? *

Daehyun felt a pang in his heart.  It was nonetheless heartbreaking to know that the girl you cared for was dating another guy.  Though he wasn't a busybody, he really wanted to find out what happened.

 

Arriving at Baekhyun's house, which was just next to his, he pressed the doorbell.   Baekhyun was literally shocked to see Daehyun with such a straight face but nonetheless still let him in.

 

"What's the matter?" Baekhyun asked after Daehyun had plopped himself down on one of the sofas.

 

"Spill.  You are keeping a secret from me?"  Daehyun glared at Baekhyun which caused Baekhyun to flinch.

 

"Umm... I don't know what are you talking about..." Though trying to keep his cool image, Baekhyun couldn't hide his fear and fidgeted with his fingers.  Baekhyun didn't know what Daehyun was referring to.  Suni being Runi or he was dating Runi or he hacked into Daehyun's account or...?

 

"You know what I'm talking about, hyung.  I've already known that you two went on a date," Daehyun sighed and put his head on his palms.

 

A shiver went down Baekhyun's spine.  'Daehyun knew about it?  How come...?  I didn't even say a word about that... did I?'

 

Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration and said flatly, "How did you know about this?  You saw us when we met at the mall?"

 

Daehyun  became even more confused.  He was just asking about the date that Runi had mentioned, but now Baekhyun's talking about their first meeting?  Daehyun just went along with it so he bluntly nodded.

 

"Oh... so you knew this all along?" Baekhyun scoffed, scolding himself for working so hard to prevent Daehyun knowing about this when Daehyun already knew.

 

Daehyun stopped blinking for a moment.  He didn't understand what Baehyun was talking about.  "What do you mean?"

 

Baekhyun smirked, "What?  What can I mean?  Of course it's about Suni being Runi! "

 

"WHAT?!" Daehyun's eyes were bulging out and his mouth formed the largest 'O' ever. 

 

Suni being Runi... He couldn't imagine all this time the girl that made him worry even though he hadn't met her in person was the same as the one he loved.

Baekhyun felt a lump in his throat and he was too anxious to swallow it down.  He was totally shocked by Daehyun's response. 

'Does this mean that Daehyun didn't know about it?'  Baekhyun didn't know what to say as he saw Daehyun's slumping shoulders and his straight expression turning into a depressed and lost one.
 

Baekhyun didn't know how to confront Daehyun and kept quiet.  Daehyun stood up suddenly, startling Baekhyun and then left without a goodbye.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun was lost.  It was like an amnesia patient gaining back bits of his memories and he was now in the ultimate confused state.

 

"Why did I always not notice the details?" Daehyun scolded himself mentally as he scrolled down to read Runi and his conversations over and over again.  The way Runi speaks, the emoticons she used, every event that she had mentioned, was just the same as Suni's.

 

Then the scene that he went to the mall and saw Baekhyun and Suni that day popped up in his head. "Wait... that day Baekhyun was supposed to meet up with Runi... but he met up with Suni... so..."

 

Daehyun shut his eyes tight and sighed.  How could he not know about this earlier? 

His eyes randomly caught the last line of the conversations and it hurted him even more.

 

Runi:  *I don't care if you forget our date... I just want to know why did you kiss me that night.*

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES.
YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES.

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )