Chapter12

Confused...

 

chapter 12;
_________________________________________________________________________
                              QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE

 

 

Saturday mornings.  Again.  

Suni wrapped herself in the blanket and rolled around on bed.  She stared at the ceiling, wondering why did the teacher give her so much homework so that she couldn't enjoy the weekend.  

Her eyes adjusted to the light creeping into her room through the gaps between the curtains, forcing her mind to wake up.  She sighed, knowing that she's fully awake now, she had to start writing the three essays given by her history teacher.

''Done!'' Suni exclaimed as she finished the first essay.  Checking the clock, it was only 11am.  She was satisfied that her working speed had improved.  Adding a new blank page, she started on her second essay.  Just as she was going to type the first sentence, her phone rang.

''Baekhyun oppa?'' She saved her document before answering the phone.

''Free?'' She was surprised that Baekhyun was asking her out.  But looking at her laptop, she frowned, ''Oppa, I'd love to go but I've got two essays...''

''Alright.  I'll be there, bye.'' Baekhyun must had known that Suni couldn't stand aegyo, and used his aegyo on her.  Suni sighed inwardly, knowing that she couldn't finish her essay now; but happy at the same time, since she could have some fun with her best friend.  She grinned at the thought of seeing Baekhyun and immediately dashed off to put on her light make up.

 

 

 

Upon arriving at the entrance of the amusement park, Suni saw Baekhyun buying the tickets.  She tapped on his shoulder lightly.  In return, Baekhyun gave her a crushing hug while smiling as bright as the sun.   
 

''I'm really glad that you came,'' Baekhyun told her while leading her into the park.

''That's only because you agreed to help me with the essays,'' Suni chuckled as she replied.

"That's mean... I'm your friend," Baekhyun squinted his eyes at Suni and muttered, "Don't treat me as your homework machine."

"I didn't, this is just fair trade.  A hang out in exchange for an essay," Suni, who had acute hearing, managed to catch what he said and replied with a smirk.

Defeated, Baekhyun nodded glumly and followed Suni around the park.

''Let's get on that ride?'' Suni pointed a finger at the largest roller coaster with an excited expression on her face.

''W-what?!'' Baekhyun's heart dropped.  ''Are you sure?'' He looked at Suni with an unreadable expression, but Suni managed to figure out that he was only trying to hide his fear.

''Come on, oppa, don't be a scaredy-cat!" Suni grabbed his hand unconsciously and walked towards the line.

Baekhyun felt her small hand around his large one and smiled softly, feeling the softness of her hand.   He couldn't deny that he had already fallen for this girl.  Suni saw Baekhyun kept staring at her hand so she blushed and immediately let go of his hand.  Baekhyun felt the warmth left his hand and saw that Suni had put her hands into her pockets.  He pouted sightly, wishing that they could hold hands together just like how they did just now for a longer time.

---

Suni pointed at Baekhyun's flushed face and laughed.

''Yah, people are looking...'' Baekhyun hid his face behind his palms and tried fixing his hair that had been blown into a totally different style by the wind.  He didn't understand why Suni was laughing so hard though, all he did was let his fears out, screaming like a mad man and closed his eyes for the entire ride.

After Suni had calmed down and Baekhyun had finished fixing his messy hair, they headed to a fast food restaurant for lunch.  

The waiter set down the menu and gave them a special menu as well.

''Excuse me, what's this pink menu for?'' Baekhyun saw the special menu and asked the waiter.

''It's for couples.  If you order this set, you'll get a discount,''  the waiter smiled and bowed his head a little before leaving to tend to other customers.

Suni flushed pink and Baekhyun cleared his throat to catch her attention. 

''Hey, why not have this set? There's a discount anyway,'' Baekhyun's ears were turning a deep red but he didn't realized it.

''But... it's only for couples, and we aren't-'' 

''Come on, there's a discount,'' Baekhyun, himself really wanted to get that special set.  He looked at Suni's embarassed expression and knew that she may not be having the same feeling as him.  But he still urged Suni to take a really close look at the menu and Suni reluctantly nodded.

''Alright, let's just pretend we are a couple.'' 

They made the order and had a quick lunch.  After lunch, they held their full stomachs and walked out of the restaurant.    They strolled along the park and Baekhyun stared at the flower that fell onto Suni's head.

"-- did you hear what I said?'' Suni waved her small hand in front  of Baekhyun's eyes causing him to fall backwards.

''N-not really... what did you say?'' Baekhyun smiled sheepishly as he tried to regain his balance.  Suni helped him by placing her hand on his shoulder, making him stand properly.  Baekhyun shivered slightly as he felt a tiny electric shock from the touch.

Suni chuckled at his silliness and said, '' I said how about having a ride on the ferris wheel?  Since it's almost sunset, the view up there must be really beautiful.''

''Of course,'' Baekhyun smiled at her and nodded genuinely.  He desperately wanted to add that it wasn't the view that's beautoiul, it was Suni that was beautiful.

After waiting in the line, it was finally their turn to get on the ferris wheel.  Suni got in first, then Baekhyun sat on the other side to balance the cable car.  The car went up slowly and Suni admired the view, looking out from the glass.  Baekhyun stared at her in awe.  He couldn't express how beautiful she was at this moment.  The way she kept on murmuring about how pretty the view was made her look innocent and the way her eyes were sparkling, just made her look even cuter to him.  Suni finally turned her head towards Baekhyun when she felt that Baekhyun was awfully quiet.  She tapped on his shoulder which made his stomach do a flip and his eyes immediately widened as he looked into Suni's.

''Are you okay?'' Suni asked worriedly, him being quiet wasn't a good sign.

Baekhyun just nodded and tucked a strand of loose hair behind Suni's ear. He spoke softly,'' It's just that I can't believe the most prettiest thing is just right before my eyes.'' 

Suni didn't realize what he was referring to and just smiled and hummed.

As the cable car reached to a stop, both of them got off the ride and were ready to head back home.  

''Thanks for giving me a great day,'' Baekhyun said as he was waiting for Suni to get on the bus before he headed home.  He wanted to make sure she was safe.

''No, I should be the one who's thanking you, '' Suni said sincerely and spotted the bus was coming. '' Oppa, I'll go now, get home safe.'' 

Though Baekhyun saw the bus was already here, his heart thumped so quickly that his heart controlled over his body and pulled Suni in for a hug before pecking on her cheek softly.  He lingered for a moment before pulling himself back and regretted letting his heart control his body making him look stupid, but it just felt so right. ''Call me when you're home, '' He whispered as he let go of Suni.

Suni was stunned.  Just for a moment, her brain stopped functioning and her eyes stared into Baekhyun's, not knowing what to do.  Baekhyun saw her frozen figure and a slight blush appeared on his cheeks.  He gave Suni a little push towards the bus.  At the sound of the driver yelling, Suni finally realized that her legs were glued to the ground and tried to move her legs to pull herself onto the bus.  

Suni picked a seat near the window and laid a hand on her chest, feeling the thumping of her heart getting faster and faster.   

Suni muttered to herself as she put her finger softly on her cheek and felt her cheeks getting warmer as she saw Baekhyun waving goodbye at her.  She murmured to herself, ''What's this weird feeling?'' 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES.
YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES. YOUR NOTES.

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )