Mi-Hyun.

The Fate of The Red Thread
Flashback-
A hooded woman dropped a baby off beside a tree in the middle of a park.
 
--
 
Youre running*
You eventually bend down*
"Mi-Hyun!" You shout out with your hands in a cup in front of your face.
A lady silhouette stops and runs to you "Whats wrong, Hana?". "Are you okay?" "Are you hurt?"
You take a glance at her and look down at your shoes. "Im okay." "But Mi-Hyun, could you please tie my shoes?"
You smile.
M="Aish! I still dont know why you cant learn a simple tying technique of shoe laces." She says as she bends down
to your level.
You let your face go into a pout. "Not my fault I cant learn it. I think its impossible for me to learn."
M= "Well youre lucky you have me! You would be sticking your shoelaces inside your shoe if
I wasnt here for all we know... Or maybe you'd wear shoes with no laces... But you love sneakers..."
You interrupt."Yah! I get it, I get it." You put your arm around her. "Thanks."
You both smile and walk*
 
*You both are in your rented apartment*
*Mi-Hyun takes out a 20kg rice bag*
You come out of the shower with a towel wrapped around your head. 
You sit down at the table at the sight of food.
M="Hana, i havent even started cooking."
"Ah, then i guess ill go watch tv or something.." You step 5 big steps to the tv and turn it on.
Mi-Hyun smiles at you.
You see her at the corner of your eye, and ask "Whats with your face?"
She laughs and looks down, finished with the rice and walks to you.
M="You know that engagement ring I have always talked about?"
"Yes. Your key to get married to royalty~. Hehe. So you say~"
M="Mhm. Well, I want you to have it.." *You dash your eyes to her.. and look back at the tv*
"It's okay Mi-Hyun, i dont need anything." .. *She looks at you and slowly hands over a gold ring*
*You push her hand away* "I said No."
*She looks at you with a sad expression* "But Hana.. I-"
"I KNOW!" You shout. ".. I know about your illness.."
 
*She quickly looks at you
*You slowly turn your head at her* "I've known since yesterday.".."I was waiting for you to tell me, I didnt know you'd
tell me like this. Giving me your ring and all..."
M="How did you know?"
"I found your check-up results in the mail." .. "cervical cancer.."
M="Yes. So all i want you to do is take this ring." *She grabs your hand and 
places the ring inside your palms and closes it*
*..you dont look at her while she does*
 
 
a few seconds later*
"OK!" She says as she claps her hands. Let me brush your hair." *Without giving her a response she runs to go get
a brush in the other room*
*You drop your hand to your side while keeping a straight face*
You think to yourself ' Why? Why such an nice person.. have an illness as bad as that.. '
' She already feels sad enough, why should i make things worse.. we're all we have. '
*You hold the gold ring to your chest*
*She comes back with a brush*
"Mi-Hyun!" You shout running to her. You give her your tightest hug. She hugs you back.
She cried in your arms and you held her forgetting about dinner.
 
-1 year and half later-
*You put on your black coat and head outside*
' I wonder what color flowers I should get Mi-Hyun this time.' You think.
*You stop at a flower shop where youre close friends with the manager*
'Pink, or purple flowers?... Hmm.. Both.' *You pick up and handle the flowers gently*
"Just these, please." You say as you put down both bouquets of flowers down on the counter.
Manager="Its that time, huh?"
"Yes."
Manager="You know, you dont have to force smiles and pretend youre happy .. Its okay to look gloomy once in awhile."
"Yes. Understood."
*You smile at him and walk out the door*
 
'It is that time..' You think to yourself.
'i need to smile, i need to show Mi-Hyun im okay. i am not the 27 year old me anymore.'
*You catch a taxi and head over to your destination*
"Ahjusshi" You say to the taxi driver. *He looks at you by his mirror.*
"Ever lose someone important to you?"
*He stops at a red light* "Why? Love troubles?" he asks.
"Something like that."
 
*Arrived at destination*
"Thank you, ahjusshi." You say while you hand him the cab money.
*He drives off*
You walk to a big opened gate and you look at your hand.
Looking at the ring she gave you, you put your hand in a fist to your heart.
Closing your eyes and breathing a long breathe.
You finally walk into the cemetery.
Quickly fast pacing your steps and heading towards Mi-Hyuns grave.
 
 
*You sat down on your knees, and placed the flowers slowly by her grave*
"So i loved you, huh. If I knew, i would have said it everyday.." *Your eyes water up*
"I would have put the tv channels you wanted to watch on, or not be such a picky eater.."
*You your fingers on her gravestone*
*You look at your ring* "...this is what i can do for you now... this was your last wish right?"
"I will fulfill it, Mi-hyun."
*You stand and bow.*