Mr. Class President's Secret 25

Mr. Class President's Secret

​---------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly…I might’ve become much too attached to her. I’ll admit that. I’ve never fallen in love before and I don’t think I’m in love with her. Even that sounds funny…but there’s this exhilarating feeling I get when I see her.

With his hands dug into the pockets of his pants, he stopped walking and stood still for a moment.  If Minho said it was ok for friends to kiss, then kisses were normal. He shouldn’t think too much on it. It’d only make things seem complicated and he hated complicated things.

When he looked up, he saw that young boy walking in his direction. The boy noticed Kibum and if Kibum wasn’t mistaken, he swore he heard the boy snicker. The look on the boy’s face was annoying enough, but Kibum ignored him and went on his way to the class.

Entering the classroom, he looked and saw Dongyul staring at him. Shifting eyes over towards the window, he saw Minah talking to Minho. The way she looked with her nervous expression as Minho talked made him feel somewhat anxious to talk to her.

He sat down in his desk and adjusted himself in the seat when suddenly, a group of girls peered into the hallway window and said to him, “Kibum-ssi, let’s go out to eat today!”

It seems as though things haven’t changed.

Smiling, he replied, “Maybe some other day. I have a few duties I have to finish afterschool.” The girls pouted and walked away.

It had been awhile since girls flocked to him. That stopped for a couple of months when he attached himself to Minah. Rumor around the school was that the two of them are a couple, but most people believed they both were only just friends since they couldn’t picture him dating a girl like her.

Outside, they were all stretching to prepare for a quick run around the field. As he stretched one arm over his shoulder, someone walked over to his side. He looked and saw Dongyul.

“I wonder…how the class would react if they found out their handsome class president liked men…”

Dongyul said it in a low tone, so no one else heard. Kibum stopped and stood up straight to look at him.

Of course, these kinds of things exist now; blackmailing, distrust, and fear. That peaceful high school life I had always hoped for comes back to haunt me. If I hadn’t gotten involved in eavesdropping on that stupid guy and his older crush….I would be living peacefully, like before.

Scoffing, Kibum said, “Tch, now you’re using force to talk to me?”

He rolled his eyes at the arrogant Kibum and walked away.

After that, Kibum turned and saw Minah tying her shoelace. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, which was hardly seen on her since she always had her hair down to hide her face. He walked over to her and told her, “You look like you’re ready to run the marathon.” When she finished, she stood up giving him a smile. Then she answered him in a soft voice, “I’m not good at running.”

Finally, the students started the quick run. Kibum hated running the most, but since he was class president, he knew he had to force himself to do well even if it wasn’t a marathon. As he ran, he looked to his side and saw Minho slowing down. Watching, he saw Minho running beside Minah.

Why is he running next to her? Is he doing this purposely to make me mad? Wait…why would I be mad? I mean, there’s nothing wrong about being mad if another guy….purposely...wanted…to…run next to…your friend, who is a girl, right?

By the time he realized it, he was falling behind. Trying to keep his focus on the running, he couldn’t help but wonder.

When the run was over, Kibum dropped to the ground and chugged down the water bottle the teacher had given them. Not too long after, Minah walked over to him with her bottle of water. She sat down next to him and handed the unopened bottle to him. Since his was almost done, he took hers without hesitation.

After finally catching his breath, he turned to her and asked, “What were you and Minho talking about?” A sly smile he’s never seen appeared on her face as she told him, “Nothing…”

“I already know that you two are plotting something against me and it’s useless!!”

She looked away smiling as though she was laughing, which made his heart pound. It seemed impossible now to be mad or irritated with her. This was strange from the usual. Normally, he’d be able to yell back, but this time, all he wanted to do was purposely continue to ask just to see her expression.

If I had not gotten involved with eavesdropping on that idiot guy, I’d be living a peaceful life. But when I think about it, she wouldn’t be a part of it, would she? Just that thought….I realized…..I wouldn’t want that. Even if she’s an enemy….I can’t fight these feelings that I’ve only just begun to notice.

Reaching over, he pulled out the hair tie that kept her hair up. As if blocking others from seeing, he leaned in close. She felt his warm lips against hers. Pulling back, she saw him smiling at her in a way she’s never seen him do so. The pleased look in his eyes as he turned away made her heartbeat race.

Kisses…I’ve known from the very beginning what they were for. Deep down, I knew. I just didn’t want to admit it, so I lied to myself, but it seems impossible to do so now. Maybe it's not love, but...

He dusted his pants off and stretched his hand out to her. With her reddened cheeks, she hesitantly reached up to grab it. Impatiently, he took a hold of her hand and helped pull her up. “You’re too slow”, he told her in a teasingly way.  Then he walked off, leaving her behind. Quickly, she followed on after him.

 I like her.

​---------------------------------------------------------------------

An early christmas gift to those who have been waiting forever for an update? Lmfao. Enjoy and thank you for reading. Have a wonderful holiday!