IX

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

Sunday was the worst day yet. Lina had gotten no sleep the previous night. She tossed and turned in her sheets until they wrapped awkwardly around her legs and she struggled to get out. She splashed cold water on her face in the morning, staring into the mirror above the sink. Her hair was a mess and resembled peaks of trees due to all the wrestling with her pillow. Her face wore dark bags under her sleep deprived eyes. She looked at the bite on her neck.

It had yet to heal. She could clearly see a row of sharp top and bottom teeth that had sunk into her flesh at the base of her neck. It was wildly pink and angrily swollen. She touched it gingerly with a finger only to flinch back with a hiss. It was so tender that the slightest touch irritated her.

Lina realised that she couldn’t parade the bite around with all eyes to see. She found a red turtle neck and slipped it on. She cringed as the material chafed against the bite and bit down on her tongue to stop herself from whimpering. She didn’t want to cry again.

She had already travelled all the way home in floods of tears the day before, clutching on to her neck while she sniffed and frowned.

Why would he do such a thing? How was it even possible for those human teeth of his to bite her skin? Why had she let him in so easily?

She pondered these questions and so many more were piling on as the minutes passed. It almost made her regret moving from California. But then when she saw her dad’s face, that thought washed away. He was worth staying for.

Lina entered the kitchen and saw two plates of pancakes, accompanied with a bottle of syrup. She grinned happily and dropped herself on her seat to shovel in her breakfast.

“Morning Dad,” She greeted with a full mouth. Her dad shook his head, “Swallow first, then speak.”

Lina opened wider to reveal the chomped up pieces of pancake making her dad grimace in disgust. She giggled at his expression and continued eating.

“So are you going to work today?” She made conversation.

He shook his head as he took a sip of his morning coffee, “Sundays are my day off. You want to call a friend over or anything like that?”

Lina shook her head. That was the last thing she wanted. As much as she liked Maru, they only knew each other for a week. The only other people she knew were Sehun and Lu Han and they definitely weren’t going to be invited.

“I was hoping we could just hang out instead,” Lina offered. Her dad grinned, “Sounds like a plan. But first I need to go into town and pick up our lunch. We’re having ribs!”

“Sounds unhealthy Dad. It won’t be long before you’re piling on the pounds.” Lina sniggered. He scoffed in offence and patted down his stomach, “What are you talking about? This is nothing compared to some of the guys at work.”

Breakfast past by with laughs and small talk. Lina’s dad soon was getting ready to leave the house and battle with the winter weather.

“I’ll be back by one at the latest, alright? We’ll be having a feast in front of the telly after.” He said cheerily.

Lina smiled back said goodbye as he left. The second he closed the door, Lina pulled the collar of her turtleneck away from her skin and sighed. The fabric on the bite was irritating beyond belief and she had to keep pinching her thigh to ignore it. She had three hours before her dad would return so three hours of relief sounded incredible to her.

 

Sehun paced his room, his fingers fiddling with his bottom lip in anxiety. What on Earth had he done? He had scared her away. He had hurt her and lost any trust she had in him. Things had been going so well for a moment. That kiss was electrifying. It had sparked every cell in him and at that moment he had made the decision that he would do anything for her, even though she may not reciprocate the same feelings.

“What’s the emergency?” Lu Han asked as soon as he arrived. Sehun had called him, explaining very little.

“I’ve done something!” Sehun cried, still walking in circles in the room. He looked over at Lu Han with worried before rubbing his hands over his face, “I’ve ruined everything Lu Han.”

“Jesus, what is it?” Lu Han asked, starting to feel concerned by his friend’s behaviour.

Sehun stopped and looked in the far corner of his room, unable to make eye-contact with him.

“I’ve done something so stupid Han,” He began, “We were kissing and things got too much. I couldn’t control it. I’m so stupid.”

Lu Han’s brows furrowed, “Tell me you didn’t.”

Sehun looked at him with large, guilty eyes. “I did. I marked her and she ran away from me.”

Lu Han groaned, “This is serious Sehun. What if she tells her father about this? What is she figures things out and tells the authority? We’re screwed!”

Lu Han’s response was a bit harsh but recent events had put things into a new perspective; his priorities had changed.

“She wouldn’t. I know she won’t.” Sehun tried to sound convincing, but everything Lu Han had said were already things he had thought clearly about. There was no stopping her if she wanted to. Actually, there was, but Sehun hadn’t the heart to do such a thing.

“We don’t know that,” Lu Han scolded, “It could make the whole pack vulnerable. There are too many lives at stake here.”

“What should I do Lu Han?” Sehun asked. Lu Han sighed, “You are soon to be Alpha of our pack Sehun. Whatever you decide, I will support your decision but I think you already know the answer to that.”

Sehun knew what he had to do. But even the thought of it broke him inside.

 

The knock on the front door confused Lina. Her father wasn’t meant to be back yet. She had been lazing around on the sofa. She had already taken off the turtleneck temporarily and was just wearing a black tank top. She scrambled to put the turtleneck back on and raced to the door.

Maybe it was her dad back early.

But he had the keys to the house.

She opened the door and her smile fell.

“What do you want? Here to take another chunk out of me?” she snapped ruthlessly.

Sehun stood with hands stuffed in his pocket and his expression remorseful. “That...that was...” he was struggling to explain himself, “You don’t understand.”

Lina would have been softened up by now but knowing that the boy before her was something completely opposite to what she thought, made it harder for her to do so. She folded her arms and raised a sculpted eyebrow.

Sehun looked defeated and his shoulders slumped. “I think it would be best if we just stopped acknowledging each other.”

Lina looked at him in surprise and tried to speak. No words would leave at that moment so Sehun continued.

“Please, just forgive me for what I did and you won’t have to deal with this anymore.” Sehun finished. A lump lodged itself in Lina’s throat; she had no idea why she had to fight away the tears. She looked at Sehun in silence. He only hoped that she would say something, anything.

When she still said nothing, he turned and walked away.


 

So yeah, this wasn't the ending I planned but it happened. Dont hurt me *hides*

DO YOU LIKE MY NEW POSTER??? I LOOOVESS IT!!! 

:DDDD