III

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

Lina went through the same process throughout her first school day: introducing herself, explaining where she moved from and listening to the students ramble on to fill in the silent minutes that Lina failed to fill with her own words. But it was like that for every new student; until they were comfortable enough to speak freely, those silent moments wouldn’t be so silent.

Her fourth lesson rolled by, gym.  Lina had to sit out on the sidelines as she hadn’t prepared a kit because of the short notice. Girls and boys were separated so she had to sit through watching sweating girls playing netball. The sports hall they were in had rows of large windows that allowed the natural light to shower in. Lina glimpsed out a nearby window, noticing a field that wasn’t entirely covered with the treacherous snow.

The boys were playing out there. They were all kitted up in blue polyester shorts and t-shirts. Lina frowned at their attire, ‘Why aren’t they freezing their butts off?

She ruled it off as something that maybe they were used to. Her eyes unconsciously sought out multicoloured locks.

Sehun sailed across the field with a football being kicked around by his feet with complete control. She heard the faint blow of a whistle to indicate half-time; the boys cane to a slow stop and Sehun made his way over to the benches to grab a water bottle. Water dribbled a little down his chin and travelled down his neck.

Lina’s stomach churned and she shifted in discomfort, unable to tear her eyes away from him. Those intense grey eyes snapped up, as if Sehun could feel her glare on him. They held their gazes, both not wanting to be the first to look away.

The frown on Sehun’s lips was loosening up. There was a subtle smirk on his lips. So subtle that it could have been easily missed. But Lina saw it clearly. It was as if he was mocking her for staring at him the entire time and as if he knew exactly what effect he had on her.

Lina could feel the rise in temperature and she was so sure that her cheeks were more rosy than usual.

“Hey!” Maru slid and slumped down next to Lina, panting heavily and puffing her pink cheeks. Lina reluctantly looked away from the window and now at Maru.

“Have fun out there?” Lina asked for the sake of conversating. Maru wheezed softly before producing a small asthma pump, shaking it and taking a deep puff of the medicine.

“Oh yes,” Maru said cheerily, “Love sport but my asthma is a big downside though.”

Lina watched the other girls still carried on playing for a second. “So you have to take breaks every so often?” She asked. Maru nodded, “Yeah, I can handle gym but at my own pace.”

Lina looked at Maru in concern, “Do you want me to get you anything?”

Maru shook her head, “No need. I’ll be back to my normal self in a few moments.”

Lina still watched her carefully as if any second she might break.

“Any way, enough about me, has Sehun talked to you again?” Maru asked, working up her excitement once again. Lina pursed her lips to stop the sudden urge to smile broadly. She cleared and shook her head, “No. I don’t see what the big deal is though.”

“of course it’s a big deal!” Maru cried, “This guy is anti-social. I mean, he could be really popular if he talked to people. But he doesn’t and then BAM!”

Lina jumped in her seat and gasped when Maru shouted by her ear.

“He’s introducing himself to you! Don’t you find that odd, knowing he doesn’t speak to anyone?” Maru finished. Lina felt nervousness brewing within her. Yes, she found it odd and maybe his sudden interest in her was reflecting her own interest in him.

“So...” Mary started slyly, “What do you think of Sehun?”

Lina’s face began to colour in pink again. “Um, I don’t know. He seems nice.”

Her lame answer did not sit well with Maru. “Nice? My grandmother is nice. Come on, give me something juicer than that!” She complained.

Lina whined softly, “I don’t know. He’s really handsome. I mean, he has the most beautiful face I’ve ever seen.”

Lina almost hit herself when she re-thought the words she heard the out loud. She had no idea where that had come from. Maru raised an eyebrow, “Oh really eh? Then we must do everything to make sure your wedding goes to plan!”

“What!” Lina spluttered in alarm, “I don’t even know the guy.”

Maru thought carefully, “I guess you should do the ‘getting to know each other’ thing first then”

Lina nodded slowly with wide disturbed eyes, “Yeah, sounds like a much better idea.”

Maru jumped back on to her feet, stretching her limbs lightly, “Well, I think it’s time to get back in the game.”

Lina watched Maru jump back into the netball match and again she looked out the window. The boys were back playing the second half of their game. Sehun had a hold of the ball and with a strong, swift kick, the leather ball bounced in the back of the goal’s net.

His team cheered as they gained another point. Sehun looked towards Lina again and boldly winked at her.

Lina straightened up all of a sudden and snapped her head away to prevent further embarrassment. She peeked seconds later to see that he was concentrating on the game again.


 

I promise, there will be more Sehun next chapter! 

 

Football as in soccer if you're American :D