IV

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

Maru had lead Lina to the lunch hall. There was a large queue to the food, however, Maru just sauntered over to the front with Lina in tow.

“Seniors are allowed to go first,” Maru explained before Lina had even asked, “It’s quite great actually. You can get all the good stuff before it goes. Like the pizza, my gosh, the pizza here is amazing!”

Lina scanned the wide selection of food before settling on a plate of lasagne and a juice box. The two girls paid for their food and Maru lead the way to where they would be eating. The hall was arranged in a very systematic way. There were long rectangular tables running across with several seats on each side. Maru found two empty seats so they both settled there, sitting beside each other.

“So,” Maru began, “Why did you move all the way over here?”

Lina’s face twisted as she looked down at her plate of food. She was rethinking those final moments with her mother and sister.

Maru noticed her sudden change in behaviour and rushed to correct her mistake, “That is if you want to tell me. I’m not forcing you or anything. I was just curious but you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat. I never really did understand that phrase. And I thought cats had nine lives. Oh god, I’m rambling aren’t I?”

 Lina giggled and took a mouthful of food as she shook her head. After swallowing she assured Maru that it was all fine, her asking.

“Trust me Maru; you don’t need to work yourself up. Someone was bound to ask.” Lina said, stabbing her juice box with a straw.

Maru was still a bit sceptical, “Okay, I’m surprised my fat mouth hasn’t scared you off yet.”

Lina laughed again and bumped shoulders with her, “Oh it’s kind of cute. I’m sure any guy would think so too.”

Maru scrunched her nose up, “No way. Guys don’t go for me.”

Lina shrugged, “Then we’ll have to find one that does.”

The other girl scoffed lightly. As she was about to say something in return, her jaw slackened and her eyes drifted off past Lina. Lina looked quite confused at her and turned to look at where her line of vision met. Sehun walked over, with another boy who had pale hair with hints of violet coming through as the light bounce off his locks.

Lina watched as the two of them sat on the other side of the table, directly in front of her and Maru.

Maru was still in a daze, staring at the two boys across us.

Sehun shoved a forkful of pasta in his mouth and chewed, looking across over at Lina as he did so. He titled his head as his eyes examined Lina’s appearance. He hadn’t fully gotten a chance to. She was dressed up in the school’s uniform, all immaculately worn. Her black hair was in large waves and cascaded past her shoulders, almost reaching her waist.

And her eyes were a rich brown. He had never though such a mundane colour could light up a fire in his heart.

“It’s rude to stare,” Lina said with confidence, sitting up straight in her seat. She could see out the corner of her eye that Maru was gaping comically at her.

Sehun swallowed his food before speaking, “There’s something on your face.”

Lina tried to ignore what his voice did to her. It was so smooth and slightly gruff, but it suited him. She subtly touched her cheek and frowned. Sehun pointed a finger to the peak of her left cheek, “Right there, an ink stain.”

Lina turned to Maru, feeling embarrassed that she was having such a conversation with Sehun. “Where?” She asked with a whisper. Maru looked closely, scrutinizing carefully, “Ah, I see it now. It’s so small Lina, nobody will see it.”

Lina turned to Sehun, “He saw it.”

Sehun shrugged, “I have good eyes.”

That statement alone dragged Lina’s attention to his eyes. They were truly beautiful; like nothing she had ever seen.

“It’s rude to stare,” Sehun mimicked. Lina scoffed, “I wasn’t staring. You were staring first.”

“So you admit that you were staring second?” Sehun challenged. Lina was silent for a moment, glaring subtly at him.

“I was thinking and you just so happened to be in front of me when I was doing so,” Lina replied taking another mouthful of food to avoid looking at him again. Sehun forced down a smile and leaned forward a bit, “You look cute when you’re flustered.”

Lina leant back further into her chair just as Sehun returned to his original position. She stumbled with her words which only worsened the flush decorating her face. She turned to Maru to try and avoid him.

“Maru,” She began, “We have history next together, let’s go!”

Maru pouted and protested, “But I haven’t finished eating. I can’t not eat. It’s part of a balanced diet to eat lunch, but then again, my diet isn’t that healthy any way. I don’t think that though, my mom does. Gosh she’s such a bother.”

“You’re rambling again,” Lina informed. Maru stopped talking and bit down on her lip when she noticed the boy across her sniggering.

“What’s the problem Lina?” Sehun asked, leaning back in his chair lazily, “Do I intimidate you?”

Lina rolled her eyes and scoffed, “Don’t make me laugh. I can sit through lunch with you across me, no problem at all!”

Sehun smirked as he watched Lina sit with her arms crossed over her chest and facing him.

“Good,” Sehun commented, “I like it better that way.”

Lina was lost for words, and furrowed her eyebrows. This was definitely new. Sehun had indirectly just said that he liked her company. She had no idea what was happening but she was worried when she found herself liking it too.