XVI

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

Lina pushed her hair out of her face the second her alarm clock went off. Her skin was damp and sticky with sweat and her hair was matted down across her forehead because of it. She groaned uncomfortably as she reached out and pressed a finger on the button that finally stopped the ringing in her ears. Her legs kicked off her blankets furiously; her skin was scalding hot. She rubbed her hands over her face only to cringe away as pulsing heat from her palms made her feel worse.

She trudged over to the bathroom, looking into the mirror in front of her and seeing nothing out of the ordinary with her appearance. She looked like she had got a good night’s sleep as per usual.

Her insides squirmed and twisted whilst her body heat soared higher. Frankly, she was tired of having no control over her body anymore. It would so easily cave to the frequent pains she experienced and the delicate touches of Sehun. Sighing audibly, she carried on getting freshened up and ready for another day at school.

It was like Lina’s tasted had suddenly changed.

Instead of her usual jeans, she found herself rummaging her wardrobe for something more appealing. She went for a high-waisted skirt, taking the time to admire the shape of her legs in the mirror.

Smiling with content, she finished getting ready and skipped out the door.

 

“Maru!” Lina yelled, gaining the raven-haired girl’s attention. Maru looked at Lina with wide eyes, like she had been caught doing something shameful and tried to rid her thoughts of Lu Han.

“Yes?” she answered.

“Hi,” Lina replied happily. Maru looked at her warily, discreetly sniffing the air around her friend.

“Are you okay?” Maru asked as Lina walked on over to her locker and brought out her books. She stuffed in her coat, revealing her new get-up.

“Whoa, aren’t you cold?” Maru blurted out in surprise. Lina shook her head with enthusiasm, “Nope. In fact, rather the opposite and I have no idea why…hmm.”

Maru frown and tentatively touched the forearm of Lina only to snap it back as if she had been burnt by a white fire. Her eyes widened larger and she took a step back, whispering under her breath.

“Oh no…”

“What’s wrong Maru?” Lina asked, holding her books to her chest.  Maru looked around, recognising the male wolves in her pack that were scattered across the corridor. They were all turning heads, looking for the new scent amongst the smell of teenage hormones and sweat. They were looking for Lina’s scent.

One of the male students, Maru recognised to be part of the pack, locking his eyes on the back of Lina’s head. His eyes swooped over her entire length and was beginning to make a move over to the duo.

“We need to go,” Maru hissed. She grabbed Lina’s wrist, yanking her down the corridor. More males had zeroed in on Lina’s scent and were starting to make their way over, feeling aggravated that Lina was leaving.

Maru swore under her breath, cursing the fact that so many male werewolves were unmated in the school.

“Where are we going Maru?” Lina asked, suddenly noticing the hungry looks in the guys that they both passed.

“We need to find Sehun,” Maru informed. Lina felt a jolt of electricity run down her spine at the mention of his name.

“Why?”

“Because, you’re going into a heat!” Maru exclaimed. Lina gasped, not at what Maru had said, but at the sudden movement of her being tugged backwards, away from Maru. She yelped as her back slammed into the wall. Maru stopped in her tracks when she felt the disappearance of her friend’s hands.

Before Lina stood a person she had never seen before. He was tall and athletically built, with flaming red hair.

“Hey, get off of her!” Maru shouted. The male snarled at Maru, causing her to cower away with a whimper.

“Shut it filth,” he turned back to Lina who was pressed against the wall and staring up at the boy with scared eyes. He smirked and his lips and got ready to lean in and devour her lips till they were numb.

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you,” A voice interrupted. The werewolf with the red hair tilted his head back to see Sehun stood a foot away from the two, with an unrecognizable expression on his face.

Sehun was fuming inside. He was trying so hard to control himself and his animal side. He wanted to unleash his grey wolf and tear the other from his mate, ripping him to shreds with his claws.

The boy with red hair scoffed, “But she smells so good Sehun.”

He leaned in closer to Lina, pressing his nose against her cheek and inhaling her scent in deeply. Lina scrunched her eyes, wanting to be far away from the school.

Sehun growled wildly and grabbed the boy by the neck, shoving him in the opposite direction to Lina. She suddenly felt like she could breathe again but her relief soon ended when the red-head charged at Sehun viciously.

The two alpha males were savagely throwing each other punches and kicks, both withholding the urge to transform in such a public are.

Lina edged her way to Maru who was suddenly joined by Lu Han.

“Who is that?” Lina asked desperately.

Maru looked down to the ground, still recalling the way the red-head had cruelly snarled at her. Lu Han sighed, secretly placing a comforting hand on the small of her back without Lina knowing.

“His name is Jin. He and Sehun don’t get along,” He sighed once more, “Excuse me ladies.”

Lina watched and Lu Han intervened and both Sehun and Jin were soon separated with another assistance of a teacher. Sehun looked livid and threw a dirty look at Jin. He and Jin were being held back away from each other, and lectured by the teacher.

“I didn’t realise she was your mate, Sehun,” Jin informed in a smug tone, “Because if she wasn’t, I’d probably have her screaming my name by now,”

Sehun lunged for him, swearing with such venom, but he was still being held by Lu Han.

“If I see you touch her again, I promise, you won’t live long enough to take another breath,” Sehun threatened fiercely. He shook off Lu Han’s hold and turned towards Lina.

She gulped as his steel eyes met hers. She watched curiously as the cuts and bruises on his face slowly disappeared.

No words were exchanged, just Sehun grabbing Lina and dragging her with him.

“I’ll see you around baby,” Jin yelled after the two, causing Sehun to tense up and squeeze Lina’s arm harder. She hissed and attempted to get Sehun’s fingers off of her.

“Get off me Sehun!” She snapped when her attempts were considered futile. Sehun swung her in front of him and he glared at her with such contempt.

They were now outside in the freezing cold, but neither complained about the slight pinch of winter.

“What the hell were you doing with him?” Sehun asked, anger heavy in his voice.

Lina swallowed, not sure how to act now that she was in the receiving end of Sehun’s bad temper.

“He just grabbed me…I don’t know why!” Lina explained. Sehun shoved her till her back hit the car door and stepped forward, towering over her. His hands sunk into her sides and she was sure that she would be left with hand shaped bruises on her hips. His jaw was clenched and he held her tighter when her scent hit him head on.

The bell rang, indicating the start of first lesson.

“Sehun…I need to go,” She tried slipping past him but he stopped her.

“I am doing everything in my power to control myself right now but if you think I am just going to let you prance around the school, with teenage boys with hanging tongues to just ogle at you, then you’re mistaken,” Sehun said firmly. Lina let fall open as no speech was able to come out.

Sehun shrugged off his jacket and wrapped Lina in it. It was too big for her and smelt just like him, almost masking her own scent.

“Don’t even think about taking this off!”

Lina nodded and skipped off to her first lesson, fully aware of Sehun’s gaze on her.

Sehun blew out a nervous breath as he tilted his head back at looked up at the sky. Lina would be the absolute death of him. He couldn’t take his eyes off her.

But one thing was certain. Lina was in her heat. Did that mean Lina had escaped death?