VII

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

Lina was thoroughly confused by her behaviour and Sehun’s. They barely knew each other. They barely spoke to one another during school and yet, there was this pull. This strong pull that was just too hard to resist and didn’t help the situation when Sehun would keep doing small things for her, like giving her gloves.

When walking into school on a new morning, her feet took her straight to her locker. They slowed down the closer she got. He was there. Sehun was stood by her locker, head down and thumb fiddling across a smart phone. It was as if he sensed her close by; his head slowly lifted, silver eyes locking onto Lina’s.

Her breath caught in and she almost couldn’t take another step. Taking a deep breath in, she marched over to her locker without saying a word. But she felt his gaze still on her, burning holes in her skull. The next thing she knew, his fingers were ghosting upon her hand causing her to freeze all her movements. His fingers lightly trailed up her arm until he reached her shoulders.

By now, Lina’s eyes were fluttered shut imagining the position of his fingers on her and only focusing on the burning trail of tingles they left behind. Sehun brushed away the hair that had fallen across her shoulder, revealing her neck.

“Wha-What are you doing?” Lina managed to whisper luckily; she was afraid her voice wouldn’t work any longer. Her heart had set her pulse at an alarmingly fast pace and Sehun could hear it as clear as day.

His hand fell away from Lina, causing relief and disappointment within her. He his lips and straightened up, “Hurry or you’ll be late.”

That was all he said before turning around and walking off. Lina frowned in confusion; not only did he not answer her question, but his abrupt departure was puzzling her too. Everything he did confused Lina; one second it was like Sehun was completely lost in his thoughts and himself, and he was doing things completely absentmindedly, and the next second, he was unreachable and distant.

Lina sighed and quickly grabbed her books and rushed off in the same direction Sehun had gone. After all, they were headed to the same class, English Literature.

By the time she reached the classroom, which was on the other side of the building, she was under ten minutes late. She was still quite new to the building and she had gotten a bit lost on her way. When she entered, her face went pink immediately when all eyes were on the person disrupting the lesson.

The teacher raised an eyebrow as if asking for an explanation.

“I was—”

She was immediately cut off by the teacher, “Just take a seat and try to keep up.”

Lina nodded, looking around the room hastily to find a seat. However, there was only a single seat left beside the one person who refused to sit by anyone apart from his best friend.  She made her way over and slowly slid into the chair, conscious of everything around her.

Sehun cleared his throat lightly and slouched further into his seat with one leg stretched out past the table. “What took you so long?” he said under his breath.

Lina chewed her bottom lip, biting back a sharp response of how he left her, fully knowing they had a lesson together and perhaps knowing there may have been a chance she had gotten lost.

“There’s no need for you to worry,” Lina replied, taking out all her things and paying full attention to what the teacher was saying. Sehun scoffed, scrunching his hair even more with his hand.

“Are you mad at me?” He asked under his breath. Lina continued to write down all her notes, catching up on the work she had missed, “Well, maybe if you had waited for me then I wouldn’t be late.”

Sehun chuckled softly and reached over to grab her hand but as soon as Lina felt contact, she retracted her hand as if it burnt her. She just couldn’t take feeling like that again. Every time it would set of a flutter in the pits of her stomach and her heart would go out of control.

“Please don’t.” Lina said firmly in hushed tones. Sehun faltered and pulled back, feeling a wash of rejection and discontent.

But something in him switched. It was like a light had finally his head and something different was there. He disobeyed her order all of a sudden; he grabbed her elbow and tugged her close by him.

Lina gasped at the sudden aggressiveness, and flushed when she felt his breath fan down her neck. His lips were so close to her yet, hardly touching. He whispered softly in her ear, “I don’t like people telling me what to do.”

He released her slowly and returned to his work, his usual scowl on his face. Lina breathed in and out to compose herself, taking one last look at Sehun before she too returned to her own work.

 

By the time it was lunch, Lina had forgotten what had happened with Sehun. That was until he decided to drop himself right next to her.

“Sorry somebody’s sitting there.” Lina informed without looking. She was saving that seat for when Maru arrive.

“Yeah I know; me.” Sehun replied, shoving a piece of meat in his mouth. Lina almost gasped when she realised she was in his presence again. He was like a stain that was just so persistent and refused to go.

“No, Maru is sitting there. Go sit next to him like you always do.” Lina said, pointing at Lu Han who was sat across from Sehun, minding his own business and eating lunch.

“She’ll sit next to Lu Han then. What’s the problem?” Sehun shrugged, talking with his mouth full of chopped meat. Lina clicked her tongue in disgust and slammed her palm under his chin to shut his mouth, “Stop talking with your mouth full, pig.”

Sehun swallowed, “I eat how I want!”

Lina grimaced at him and scrutinized him under her eyes. He was so odd; his personality had probably changed three or four times already in the space of a couple of hours and it frustrated her to no end.

“You’re being childish,” Lina commented. Sehun shook his head, purposefully placing a spoonful of food in his mouth before he talked.

“No, if I were being childish, my food would be all over the place, not in my mouth.” He remarked. Lina rolled her eyes and soon saw that Maru was on her way. Maru’s smile decreased a little when she realised there were no available seats beside her new friend. She looked across and saw the empty seat by Lu Han.

Timidly, she sat down beside him. As soon as she sat, she stood up again like a rocket. Lina looked at her in alarm.

“Are you alright, Maru?” She asked with concern. Maru chuckled nervously, looking strangely only ahead of her, “I’m fine. I just remembered that I haven’t completed my History homework. I’ll just eat in the library. See you later!”

She was gone before Lina could fit in another word let alone a farewell.

“That was weird,” She mumbled, “I don’t remember being set History homework.”

“Of course you wouldn’t,” Sehun scoffed, “You’re always thinking of me.”

Lina turned to throw a glare in his direction, “I do not. You’re the one who keeps touching me!”

“As if you don’t like it!” Sehun retorted quickly placing a piece of chicken in Lina’s mouth when she opened it to try and talk. She chewed grumpily and turned away from him, noticing that Lu Han was gone as well.

 

Maru rushed towards the library, placing her sandwich box in her bag. She wasn’t hungry anymore after that. She knew what that sensation meant. Even though she had never experienced it before, she had heard stories from her mother and the others. It would happen at any moment, regardless of where or who or how long you may have known a person.

But that feeling spreads. It happened so fast that Maru wished it would happen again. A euphoric sensation journeying across her body in waves. In her head it had look like golden fireflies fluttering in wisps and curls.

“How could this happen?” She mumbled as she lost herself between the rows of bookshelves.

“Why him? It’ll never be accepted,” she worried, burying her face in her palms. She felt a tap on her shoulder, startling her almost.

Lu Han stood before her, causing her to back away into the large book shelf. Before she was able to make a sound or run away again, his lips came down crushingly on hers.

There was this new found confidence in her that made her tug down on his collar desperately as his arms hug tightly around her waist, almost lifting her off the ground. The kiss was fierce and passionate and went on forever. Maru’s lungs began to burn, desperately in need of air.

She placed her palms on his chest and pushed him away, gasping for air and breathing heavily. She found it hard to look at his face and ended up staring at his chest.

“No...” she said softly, “No.”

She shook her head and tried to get away from him.

Lu Han refused such an answer. He tugged her back and kissed her again, slower this time. His lips caressed smoothly, and his tongue prodding gently at her lips. Without thinking, she opened a bit, his tongue sensuously massaging.

When they parted, Maru’s breathing was weak and her eyes were still closed.

“You...” She began, “Can’t tell anyone about this.”

Her eyes opened, meeting Lu Han’s. His golden eyes stared back with various emotions. He understood why she would ask such a thing.

“Fine,” Lu Han breathed out before kissing her again.


 

I thought I'd throw in a little bit of Lu Han action in there. There may be various small bits about  Maru and Lu Han but I do intend to make a short spin off about them when the time comes.

 

I know, why are Maru and Lu Han already kissing when Sehun and Lina just about get along??

Sehun is just quite odd tbh. But that's what makes him adorable :DD