I

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

The phone was pressed against Lina’s ear as she hopped from one foot to the other. Her teeth were chattering and her skin crawled with goosebumps. Her dad was supposed to be ready and waiting for her outside the airport and she had yet still to see his face. Her finger tips were turning blue due to the cold and her jumper was doing nothing to stop the creeping cold wind from assaulting her.

 The dialling tone echoed in her ear for a while before finally her dad picked up. There was a random clicking at first and a low hum of some sort that confused Lina, before she heard his voice.

“Dad, hello?” She said, her voice trembled slightly, “Where are you?”

“Oh sweetheart, I’m just ten minutes away. Can you sit tight for me?” He asked. Lina could hear the background noise of the road and honks of cars, assuming she was on speaker phone.

“It’s cold.” Lina whined, now shaking her legs faster to get the blood circulating in her limbs.

“I know; wait inside the airport and I’ll come and collect you in no time” Her father reassured. Lina grabbed her suitcase as he spoke, rolling it off inside with her.

“I knew you would be late.” She grumbled, “You’re always late.”

“Come on; give your old man a break. I set four alarms just like you said.” He chuckled. Lina giggled with him and shook her head, “And still you manage to sleep through them all.”

Her scolding made him laugh even more.

“I’ll be there soon okay. I need to go now.” Her dad finally said, wanting to keep an extra eye on the road. Lina hummed in approval and whispered a goodbye before hanging up. She sat down on a nearby bench outside gift shop, grateful to be surrounded by warmth again. Her fingers and toes were slowly coming back to life and her cheeks were flushed rosy, as well as her nose.

Lina had never felt so cold. It was different compared to California. The thought of home made her groan, as the memories just relayed another time that day; the reason she had to leave.

 

Lina was tired and sleepy. She had stayed up until two in the morning to catch up on all her studying. She was grateful that it was a Saturday; it meant she could sleep in for a bit longer. The door of her bedroom opened, swinging hard against the wall, making a loud echoing thud. She jolted in her bed in surprise, sleep being torn away from her.

Her sister stood in the door way. She was only a year younger than her; maybe that was the reason why she got most of the attention from her mom.

“For god’s sake Mina, I’m tired! Get the hell out!” Lina demanded, burying herself deeper into her covers.

“Mom says you need to wake up and stop being lazy. You didn’t do the dishes last night so, you are in big trouble!” Mina sneered, finding entertainment in her older sister’s misery. Lina groaned even louder out of frustration.

Yes, she forgot to do the dishes. She was the last one to eat dinner because she still hadn’t finished vacuuming the entire second floor of the house.

Lina trudged down the stairs whilst pulling on a thin, oversized sweater over her head. Her hand covered her gaping mouth as she tried hard to stifle her yawn. Her eyes quickly met her mother’s who stood by the kitchen counter, waiting as if she was going to make a meal out of Lina.

“I asked you to do one thing Lina. That’s all you had to do,” Her mom began chastising her.

“I know, I accidently forgot.” Lina tried to explain. Her mother scoffed and pulled out the yellow rubber gloves and flung it towards her daughter.

“How can you forget? Start cleaning them now. I don’t know why you can’t be more like your sister; she always does as she is told.” Her mother bragged. Lina scowled tightly and began scrubbing the dirty dishes, despite feeling the heavy need to go to the bathroom. The running tap wasn’t helping either.

“That’s because she does nothing around the house.” Lina mumbled under her breath. Her mother’s super hearing obviously picked up her words.

“Excuse me?” She questioned, resting a hand on her hip precisely and looking sterner than ever.

Lina cursed in her head, wanting to fall into a dark bottomless pit.

“Do you want to say that again, young lady?” Her mom asked, tapping her foot impatiently. Lina sighed, her frown becoming deeper than before. She tore off the rubber gloves and threw them in the sink.

“Yes I do. Mina doesn’t do anything in the house anyway, so how could you possibly know if she would listen to you all the time? Huh?” Lina burst out, feeling enraged, “And I didn’t do the dishes because I was tired okay. I am so tired of everything!”

Her mom went red in the face with fury, “You ungrateful brat! I put a roof over your head, the least you could do is help around a bit! If you don’t want to live here then I suggest you find somewhere else to live!”

Lina huffed angrily.

 “Fine, I will. I’m sure Dad will be more than happy to have me live with him,” she scoffed scornfully, “No wonder he left you.”

She stomped over to her room, passing Mina who stood in her own bedroom doorway, obviously eavesdropping. Mina looked astounded and worried by the series of events. Lina just looked at her sister angrily before slamming her own bedroom door shut. She pulled out a suitcase from under her bed and dumped all her clothes in it.

Now all she had to do was call her dad and arrange a one way flight.

 

“Lina! Lina, over here!” Her dad’s voice interrupted her thoughts and she finally wore a big smile on her face after so many days.

“Dad!” She cried, leaping into his arms. They hugged for a while. It had been at least a good two years since Lina had seen him in the flesh.

They made their way towards his car. It was a black, bulky Jeep that was already feeling the frosty bite of winter. Its windows had a sliver of twinkling ice and its tires had traces of dirty snow.

“I’m so glad you’re here, Lina,” Her dad began, “The school I enrolled you is one of the best in town. You’re bound to make lots of friends.”

Lina nodded softly as she and her dad sat comfortably in the Jeep. He the heater on full blast, allowing the hot air to creep against Lina’s skin and warm her up. She looked out the window and took in all the white background.

Her new home was in a small, tight knit village near the mountains, which was why it was as cold as it was. Everyone seemed to know each other. She saw a few youths that seemed to be around her age and she wondered whether they were her future friends.

The Jeep slowed down and pulled into a driveway that was cleared of the heavy snow. Her dad jumped out the car and he pulled out her suitcases.

“So,” Her dad started as she pulled the cases in and allowed his daughter to enter, “This is it. I tried to make up your bedroom as much as I could but just tell me if you need anything, alright?”

“I will,” She said, helping her father drag the suitcases to her new bedroom. It was pretty simple and she giggled a little when she saw the fumbled attempts to get her bed spread all perfect.

“Thanks dad.” She said, hugging him quickly.

“That’s alright,” He replied, “I’ll let you get settled; dinner is in an hour so unpack your stuff until then. Tomorrow is the first day of school, remember that.”

Lina lay down on her bed and wondered what her mom and Mina were doing now. She couldn’t help but wonder if she should have left Mina. It was too late to change anything though, for now.

Lina couldn’t wait for tomorrow. She had a good feeling that this time, things would go right for her.


 

I will be updating as normal from now on!!

I hope you liked the first chapter!

Hopefully, we shall see more of Sehun! :DD

 

 

I just need to take this moment and say THANK YOU! And I mean it. I have never felt so overwhelmed by the amount of subscribers I have gained, even before I have posted the first chapter. I'm really happy that you guys have that much faith in me and I PROMISE not to let you down!

I bloody love you!

image     

 image