Excluded #2: Minji Meets Saemi

Hero of Ice

*This scene might actually confuse you. After Minji discovers that Jaejoong was Mr. Kim's son, I had initially decided to make her rush all the way to Seoul on impulse alone. Without any assistance from anyone and without any knowledge of where Jaejoong lives, she decides to find him at the university he was attending. If I had included this seen, I would have to change the plot of the story around. After meeting Jaejoong, Minji would then try to get in touch with her uncle. And then yada yada yada from there. 

 

I was pretty sure that this was it. The university campus was bustling with life. Everyone looked like they were free. The place had no fencing or boundaries, it as if anyone could exit and enter their grounds at anytime. Even a high school student who in a quiet town far from Seoul city life. I was so relieved that I had not rocked up here in my school uniform. It would have attracted attention. And I didn't want to be focused on, not when I was completely lost. 

"Hey there." A voice startled me. I turned around to see a man approaching me. He looked a bit older than me. "You seem to be lost. Are you new here?"

I smiled brightly. This man would probably make it easier to find Jaejoong. "Yes!" I exclaimed cheerfully. "I am lost. I was wondering where the medical department might be."

He seemed to be perplexed as to why I was so happy. "Ahh," The man sighed after some time. "I am heading in that direction. Why don't you follow me?"

"Okay." I responded enthusiastically.

He was once again surprised but then he smiled and led the way. "So what's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Minni." I introduced myself. "It's very nice to meet a kind person like you."

"Gongchan." He stated. "My name is Gongchan. And I don't mind helping a cute girl."

I was silenced. So he was that type of person.

Gongchan sensed the awkwardness and decided to continue with the conversation. "So what are you studying here? I'm guessing you're not a medical student, aren't you?"

My cheeriness died down a little. I was trying to be a bit more careful with my words. "Well actually," I began. I don't actually attend this university. Should I say that? Before I could say another word, I heard a the sound of girls, a lot of girls. I looked to the direction of sound and saw a large group of girls surrounding one man. And that man was none other than Jaejoong. I gulped. 

Surprisingly, Jaejoong was smiling sincerely at each of the girls but he tried to courteously pry their hands away as well. Gongchan waved his hands in front of my face gaining my attention. "I see you saw the Jaejoong. I was hoping that you wouldn't meet him today. Now my chances of going out with you has exacerbated."

"Gongchan!" A bubbly chick appeared out of a nearby restroom. She was very tall for a female and had light brown wavy hair. The way she dressed was very different from the other students on this campus. Her outfit, a pair of light blue boyfriend ripped jeans with a plain white tee, a black bomber jacket and a pair of bright red plimsoles fitted her body well. "We have class soon. Let's quickly get Joongie and get out of here quick."

After observing her, I turned back to the group of Jaejoong's fan girls and locked on the face of the man that I had come to love. He had no doubt changed as well. He didn't seem to be hiding his true self with a cold facade anymore. Although I should be happy, I couldn't help but be a little saddened by it. That sweet smile of his, I selfshly wanted it all to myself. 

"Oh, you have the Jaejoong syndrome as well." The girl referred to me. 

I looked at her, puzzled. Jaejoong syndromw? In no time, I decided to ignore her remark. "Hi, Gongchan's friend, I am Minni." I began in a friendly tone. "It's-"

"Oh hi," The girl's sarcasm was very distinct. "I am Saemi, Jaejoong's girlfriend."

I felt a chill. What did she just say? My hopes crumbled before me. The hope of confessing to Jaejoong now was gone. I couldn't do it, not when he already had a girlfriend. Even if it's a fake one like Hana or me. It didn't feel right. I looked up at Saemi. "I see." I said softly.

"What business did you have here anyway, Minni?" Gongchan suddenly asked. 

I turned to the said man, panicking. "I-" I stuttered and then saw the restroom door. "I just needed to go the bathroom. Thanks Gongchan for bringing me here." I bowed politely. "I'm sorry for inconveniencing you. You can go to class now." I turned my back from Saemi, Gongchan and Jaejoong and took a step towards the toilets. 

"It's so obvious that she was here to see Joongie, don't you think?" I heard Saemi ask Gongchan. "Joongie! It's time for class now." She called out to her boyfriend. I continued on my short journey once again. 

"Minni!" No. That was Jaejoong's voice. I should have entered the restroom earlier. I had to hurry. "Minni, wait!" His voice sounded closer. Tempted, I turned around. At a glance, I saw him running towards me and then he crashed into me, wrapping me into a tight embrace. Pure shock erupted within me. All I could see were the fangirls' gaped mouths and wide eyes. Saemi and Gongchan were both rendered speechless. Jaejoong's chest moved up and down against me as he tried to regain some air. "I missed you." He huffed. 

I gave into him. "I missed you too." I felt a small smile linger on my lips.

He pulled back and looked at me. "My my, Minni you're blushing." He put both hands on my cheeks. "Perfect hand warmers." He started to squish them.

"Jaejoong, let go." I could myself getting redder by the second. I looked at his face. I missed every part of it. His soft milky cheeks, His clear smooth forehead. His high straight nose. His plump lips. And lastly his eyes which seemed to staring deep into my very soul. 

"Ahem." Jaejoong let go and I already missed the warmth from his hands. Saemi was watching us with a stern expression. "Explanation please?"

Jaejoong wore that simple sweet smile again. "Oh, this is Minni, my girlfriend." My eyes bulged. Was he really saying this to his girlfriend? Jaejoong turned to me and read my expression like a book. "Saemi is not my girlfriend. She only says so to keep the girls away. She's a good friend, Minni." Jaejoong explained. 

My insides warmed at Jaejoong's words. I was truly lucky to be given this chance. Now all I have to do is tell him my feelings for him. That was proven much more difficult than anticipated because I had suddenly turned numb at the thought. 

"You were heartbroken, weren't you?" Jaejoong teased. 

"I was not!" I said defiantly. 

Jaejoong laughed but it wasn't only him. Saemi was actually cracking up as well. "You're so cute Minni." She beamed at me. "And I am sorry that I lied to you. I was just trying to protect Joongie here." Joongie? What a cute nickname.

Gongchan sighed. "Great. Now my chances of getting Minni as a girlfriend is zilch, nothing."

"Shut up Gongchan." Saemi nudged him. "You can't expect to get a girlfriend in a day. You need to get to know her a bit more than that."

Jaejoong ignored the two as they immersed themselves into a small argument. "Why don't you join my class today. It's only a lecture. Anyone can go in." He suggested. 

Saemi overheard us and completely agreed. "You can have my seat. I always sit next to Joongie here."

I grinned at her. Saemi wasn't too bad after all. She was a great friend. Then I turned to Jaejoong. He was watching me, impatiently waiting for my reply. I could see his desperation. "Yes, I'll join you." I began and then decided to add, "Joongie."

I swore I saw him blush. Maybe I did have a chance after all. 

 

 

 

 

 

AN:

not edited