Excluded #1: Cheek Wounds

Hero of Ice

*This setting takes place right after Jaejoong had threatened to kill Minji with the gun. Instead, Jaejoong managed to get cut on the cheek. I actually planned to include a snippet of Minji's reaction when she learns that Haeyoung tried to kill her father with a scalpel but end up cutting Dr. Song's cheek only. And here it is below.

 

I tried to remain as silent as possible. Soon I was going to end everything we ever had. Soon the girl next to me was going to become a stranger. And before I could sever all ties with her, the only thing I could do was hold her hand. It wasn't to comfort her. I tried to keep my composure cold and heartless. But I clung onto her hand due to desperation. I didn't want to leave her. I didn't want things to end up this way.

However, now matter how much we loved each other we just couldn't be together. Not if I was Kim Jaejoong and her, Song Minji. Kim Jaejoong was the little boy who tried to irrationally kill Song Minji's father. A love connection between the two was deemed impossible.

I focused on my breathing to avoid turning her way. I knew that she was sneaking glances at me but there was no point turning her way. I had to give her the cold shoulder. Just the touch of her hand for this short moment should be sufficient for me. Without thinking, my lip thinned on its own accord, stretching my face muscles. My right cheek stung a little due to the cut I had obtained earlier. 

 

"Minji, wait."

"No!" The little girl protested hotly against her father and advanced towards the room where Haeyoung was. Without knocking, she entered and tried to locate the boy. It was easy to find him. He was either on the bed, in the bathroom or outside on the balcony. Through the window, she spotted his small frail body looking out into the distance. "Haeyoung!" She scurriedly opened the door and entered the small balcony. "I am angry at you."

Haeyoung was quite pleased to see that Minji was in an unhappy state. He wore a small smile when he turned to look at the girl. "Good." He muttered and looked out again into the distance. The sun was setting slowly and it was a good distraction for him. At the time, he was thinking that it was easier to seek vengeance when his enemy disliked him as well. "Now we can both hate each other." He added without turning to look at the girl once. 

Annoyed, Minji took a step towards him and nudged him, hard. The frown was still evident on her face and she had both her hands on her hips. Haeyoung eyed her, feeling quite elusive. At first, he was irritated that she was being such an annoying little brat. But then, he began to sense a slight feeling of fear. He was actually quite scared of Minji at the moment. And when she unexpectedly took another step towards him, he was in so much shock that he tumbled onto the cold balcony floor. 

For a second, Minji wanted to help him up but in the end she couldn't. She was furious at him after all. Despite the temper, Minji tried to act maturely as possible. "Hate and anger are two different things." She spoke with a hard tone. "I don't hate you, Haeyoung. I am angry at you."

Haeyoung's frustration only grew. What did it have to take to make the Song family hate his guts? This question remained unanswered. "I don't care." He spat at the girl towering over him. "I made you angry. I am happy." He even decided to chuckle in defiance to add fuel to the flame. 

And Minji lost her sense of maturity at that point. Crouching forward, she grabbed the neck of his patient clothes and reeled him in closer. Their noses were just an inch apart. "That just makes me angrier. You're not supposed to be happy when someone is angry at you. That is just abnormal!" Minji snapped at the young boy who tried to hide his shakes. Minji only continued to shriek. "When my mum is angry at me, I try to think about what I did wrong, not be happy. Are you crazy?!"

Haeyoung's only thought was of his father. His father was always angry at him. Had he done something to upset his father? Of course he had. He killed his mother and this in turn had infuriated his father. What the girl had told him made sense. She was actually quite smart. 

"I don't hate you. You just did something very wrong." Minji broke through Haeyoung's thoughts with her angry rant.

"What did I do wrong?" Haeyoung asked simply.

Minji pursed her lips and tried to manage her anger. After exhaling and letting go of the poor boy, she stood up straight  and gave him her answer. "You cut my dad's cheek. That is what you did wrong."

"He deserved it." Haeyoung justified himself. Dr. Song had been responsible for his mother's death as well. So a cut on the cheek had been a minor price. Death would be better. 

"Wrong!" Minji bellowed. "No one deserves to get hurt."

"But in the end, everyone gets hurt anyway." Haeyoung wanted to silence the girl with the cold hard truth. 

But she really was a persistent one. "That is why everyone should try to stop hurting others so that everyone wouldn't be in so much pain." She stated. "Am I right?"

 

Wrong. Sometimes, you have to hurt someone so that they won't encounter a pain that is far worse than a simple break up. "I would like to officially end everything we had between us, Minji." I told the girl. The first thing I saw was her eyes welling up. She wasn't this sensitive when I first got to know her. It only goes to show how much of an impact I had on her. 

"Okay." She mouthed almost inaudibly. Thankfully she didn't protest. 

I turned away from her puppy face. If I saw even a tear fall down her cheek, I would instinctively wrap my arms around her securely. "Goodbye, Song Minji." I managed to say in a calm voice. "Never let me see your face again." I swiftly turned around at my final words. I didn't want her to see me again. Because when she learns the truth of our dark past, she would also wish that she never saw me again as well. 

My first step away from her was quickly halted by a pair of arms around my waistline. Her face pressed warmly on my back. "I won't let you see my face again if that's what you truly want." Wrong again, Minji. Right now, I was inclined to turn around. Even though I had a perfect image of her in my head, I was too greedy. I still wanted to look at the real thing. The only thing holding me back was my conscious sense of guilt. Her arms tightened around me as she continued to muffle into my coat from behind. "Because I love you, I will let you have your way."

My heart clenched at her words. It was ramming my chest warning me that it was my last chance to turn around and follow my selfish desires. I won't succumb to it. However, my mouth did tug into a thin smile. Even though I was grateful to have her arms wrap warmly around me, even if my heart fluttered when she told me she still loved me, the cut on my cheek still seared in pain due to this smile I had decided to plaster on my face.

I loved her and she loved me. That should have been enough. But I was still tortured because I had to leave her.

 

 

AN:

This excluded snippet is somewhat sad. I plan to include more happier ones later. 

Anyway, I do plan to continue writing on Asianfanfics. In fact, I have began the Hana/Changmin sequel. If you are interested just click on the link below.

Rekindled Flame

Other than that, I'm thinking of writing a fanfic of an idol group other than TVXQ. I'll keep you updated on that. :D

Thanks for the upvotes and subscriptions and comments. I love them all and I was happy to reply to some of the comments as well. 

Alas, take care,

whitedreamm