BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

BEHIND THE SPOTLIGHT

ARGH!

I groaned silently. This damn headache again.

I closed my eyes tightly and tilted my headon the backrest of the chair.

“Jiyong, are you alright?”

Teddy’s voice was buzzing in my ear. It made the headache worse.

I didn’t move or speak hoping the pain would go away. Figment of broken memories keep flashing inside my head. I wanted them to stop.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. Beads of sweat started forming in my forehead.

There was a long silence in the room. Everyone was worried.

I opened my eyes slowly. The headache has subsided a bit.

I got up from my chair avoiding the sympathetic look of my friends.

“I’ll just get some fresh air.”

They watched me until I close the door.

“This is your fault, Seungri! How many times did YG tell us not to talk about thst in front of Jiyong?”

“Hyung…”

I still heard YB clearly despite the ringing in my ears.


ROOFTOP.

My sanctuary everytime my headaches attack. I could have just taken the medicine which is always in my pocket, but I don’t want to be dependent on it. This headache keeps preventing me from getting back on the stage.

After my two months confinement in the hospital, I was on hiatus. I just worked on the sidelines.

Writing songs. Producing albums and concerts for my YG family. Directing MVs and training new talents.

My hands were full but I still want to get back on that stage. That’s where I truly belong.

But the spotlights and sceaming fans always hindered me from performing.

I tried not to think of anything. I just sat on one of the weather beaten concrete bench. I just feel the cool wind on my face.

It’s a very effective remedy for my headache.

I laid back on the bench. Soon, I was already asleep. Those headaches drain the life out of me.


My Mom was crying when I got home. Father was trying to console him. I couldn’t help but, eavesdrop on their conversation.

“I want to see her?” Mom wailed.

“We don’t know where they are.” Father said helplessly.

I heard rustle of papers being turned.

“We can ask him. He already came out in public.”

“We already asked him. We can’t force him.”

I can picture father’s agitated expression.

“We can try again, can’t we? We can’t give up just yet.”

“We’ve talked about this already. You should pull yourself together. You’re unreasonable demands is not helping at all.”

Before their conversation turned to a fight, I decided to announce my presence. I knocked on the door.

“Mom. Dad. Is everything alright?”

I opened the door and saw my Mom quickly wiping the tears from her eyes. She was trying to hide her face from me.

“Mom, are you crying? Is there a problem?”

“Nothing, Jiyong. You’re mother just got carried away with the drama she was watching.”

I knew Dad was making a lame excuse. I just stared at him from where I was standing.

“You’re home early today, Jiyongie. Do you want me to fix you some food?”

Mom stood from the bed. She smiled her sweetest smile at me. But her eyes were sad and lonely.

“Later, Mom. I’ll just take a nap for a while. I have a little headache. I had to leave the studio earlier.”

Mom and Dad exchanged worried looks.

“Have you taken your medicine? You have it in your pocket, don’t you?” Mom said.

“I’ll just take a nap and it will go away.” I assured Mom. I turned to leave the room.

“Mom, don’t watch too much dramas. You’ll be stressed out and get emotional.”

I closed the door and proceeded to my bedroom.

Why is everyone being weird today?