WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT

BEHIND THE SPOTLIGHT

OMO!

OMO!

Is this real?

I heard several gasps from the room. They were having hushed conversations while I was busy arranging the song for Daesung’s comeback album. Everytime I turned my head to where they were cooped together, they make themselves busy with something else.

The hushed conversation and whisperings continued. I couldn’t concentrate on my work anymore. I saw Teddy got up from his chair and joined the others. He seemed curious as well.

“Oh, damn! This can’t be true.”

I heard Teddy’s remark after joining the group of knuckleheads in the couch. I gave up with what I’m doing and joined them. When they saw me coming, they quickly hide the object of their discussion.

“What is it?” I barked at them.

“Nothing.” They answered in chorus.

Obviously, they were hiding something from me.

I motioned Seungri to come forward. He just shook his head. I counted up to ten in my head. These guys are starting to get in my nerves.

“Seungri-“

“It’s nothing, Hyung.  We’re just looking at some scandals in allkpop.”

“Give me your phone.” I demanded.

Seungri looked at the others. He is silently asking for help.

“Phone. In my hand. NOW!” I emphasized each word. The maknae jumped from his seat. I started browsing his phone for something suspicious.

Allkpop. A celebrity was seen entering a hotel blah blah blah. Close window.

Naver. A fan got molested by an idol blah blah blah. Close window.

Business News Today.

My forehead creased. When did Seungri started reading the business news? Is he planning to invest on something?

I scrolled the business page.

Foreign exchange. Stocks. Biddings. Properties.

One article caught my attention though.

Daughter of Park Enterprises owner and CEO Park Mun Wu soon to be married to one of Asia’s most sought after bachelor, Luiz Manzano. Originally from Manila, he is the son of blah blah blah blah blah blah.

At the bottom of the article is a separate picture of Sandara Park and Luis Manzano.

They sure look good together, I told myself.

But it’s not the couple’s coming wedding I was curious about.

Park Enterprises.

The name seems familiar. Could be one of the companies which hired us for their CF.

Park Enterprises…

Everyone was holding their breath while I browsed Seungri’s phone. I don’t understand why they all became nervous around me.  There was nothing suspicious on the articles.

I threw Seungri’s phone at him. He almost dropped it on the floor.

“Why don’t you guys do something more productive instead of gossiping like ahjummas.”

I hurried back to my seat, but I still heard TOP asking.

“Did he see the article?”