BASTARD

BEHIND THE SPOTLIGHT

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

 

I was chatting with my friends when Seungri appeared in front of me wearing a proud grin on his face.  I immediately knew he was up to no good even before he opened his big mouth.

“Hyung!  We have a surprise for you.”  He proudly announced.

“What is it this time, Seungri?”  I asked impatiently.  He just gave me a thumbs up and stepped aside revealing the woman behind him.

Dara.

She was standing in the middle of the room.  Looking as beautiful as ever.  We stared at each other for a while but, it felt like I was staring at her beautiful face for a thousand years.  I will never get tired of looking at her.

Then I saw the little girl standing close to her.  She was trying to hide her face on Dara’s waist.  Her shiny black hair resembles mine.  I suddenly felt a tightening on my chest when I recognized the child.

Gon-ah.  My little princess.

I was frozen on my spot.  I couldn’t make myself move. 

I wanted to take her in my arms and embrace her as tight as I could.  My little has grown beautifully.  As beautiful as her mother.

Dara whispered something to my little princess.  They we’re silently arguing.  Then, Gon-ah started walking towards me.  I just stood there unmoving.  My heart about to jump out of my chest.

She stopped a few steps away from me.  I stared at her little face which exactly looks like mine.  Her brows knitted.  Her eyes were glistening.  Her thin lips trembling.  Her whole body was shaking.

“I HATE YOU, POPPA!”

“I HATE YOU, POPPA!”

“I HATE YOU, POPPA!”

“I HATE YOU, POPPA!”

Her small voice echoed inside the room.  Piercing my heart like tiny needles. 

Her tears started falling.  She kept looking at me with those pained eyes.  She started sobbing.  Her fragile body quivering.

How I wanted to wipe her tears.  How I wanted to sooth the pain in her heart.  How I wanted to keep her in my embrace.

But, I just stood there.  Looking at her like the bastard that I am.  A smirk formed on my lips.

“Who are these people, Seungri?”  I asked otherwise.  Dara’s head snapped up.  Disbelief colored her face.

“Kwon Jiyong.”  Dara’s condemning voice added to my misery.  She quickly joined our daughter. 

“Why are you doing this, Jiyong?  Can’t you recognize your own child?”

I couldn’t stand it anymore.  I’m about to lose my own battle.  Hurting the two most important people in my life in front of me is the most dreadful thing I had ever done.  I turned by back on them to hide my real emotion.

“Seungri.  Take them away from me.  I won’t tolerate this kind of bull anymore.  Thanks for ruining my birthday.”

Seungri didn’t answer.  Nobody dared answer.  Everybody was speechless.  I growled inwardly and was about to leave when I felt a hand on my arm.

“Don’t run away, Jiyong.  Don’t make your daughter hate you.”  

I brushed away Dara’s hand.  She refused to let go.

“What do you want from me?  Why do you keep appearing in front of me?”

I pushed Dara in one sweep of my arm.  Gon-ah’s sob grew louder.

“STOP IT!” Gon-ah yelled.  She rushed to me and grabbed my waists.  She pushed me with her small body away from her mother.

“Don’t hurt my Momma.” 

“If you don’t like me, it’s okay.  I don’t hate you, Poppa.  I was lying.  I don’t really hate you.  Don’t hurt Momma.  I’ll be a good girl.”

I held her shoulder while kneeling in front of her.  I wiped away the tears on her face.

“I’m sorry.”  I told my little princess.  I gave her a quick hug before walking away. 

I dared not look back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

WRITER'S NOTE

 

 

It's almost midnight in my time zone.  Still celebrating Jiyong's birthday, kekeke!

 

I hope this make up for my laziness.