MEMORIES OF THE PAST

BEHIND THE SPOTLIGHT

 

“Are you okay?” YB asked.  We were having a short break from filming our MV.

“Why’d you ask?”

“You’re hiding something from us.” 

OMMO! OMMO! OMMO!

Seungri was shouting.  He was holding his phone while running to where I was stting.

“Hyung, look at this!”  He shoved the phone to my face.  YB got curious.

“That’s ridiculous!”  Seungri said.

I read the article regarding the airport incident.  Everyone was in shock.

“It’s just a coincidence.  Anybody can look similar.”  One of the staff commented.

A message popped out on Seungri’s phone. 

“It’s noona!”  Seungri exclaimed.

“Noona?  How did you know her?”  YB asked.

“How can I forget her? Jiyong hyung spent the whole night with her-“

I snatched Seungri’s phone and gagged his mouth.  But, it was too late.  Everybody was reading the article on their phones.

“What are you talking about?”  YB was lost.

“Pabo!  Did you forget what happened five years ago at Club NB?”  Seungri  whispered.  “The girl hyung spent the night with.”

YB slowly remembered what happened. 

“YOU HAVE A CHILD WITH HER?!”  YB shrieked like a girl.  All eyes and ears were on them.  He earned a whack from me and Seungri.


We were packing up after finishing our MV shoot.  I kept looking at my watch.  I can still make it if I hurry and leave the others behind.  One of the staff approached me.  She handed me a piece of paper.  It was from YG.

She’s a stubborn woman.

It was YG’s handwriting.  A business card was enclosed inside the folded paper. 

Park Enterprises.  I knew she’s not just any ordinary girl when I met her five years ago.  Her personal contact number is written at the lower part of the card. 

I kept fiddling with the card once I got inside my car.  I was contemplating of what should be my next step.  I dialed her number with shaky hands.  Waiting for her to answer the phone made me more nervous.  I gasped for air when I heard her voice on the line.

“Hello?”  Her voice rang in my ear like tiny bells.

I swallowed hard before speaking.

“H-hi.  I’m G-Drag-  Kwon Jiyong.  We met at the airport the other day.”


 

I almost dropped my phone when I heard his name.  I reached for the nearest chair to avoid myself from falling.

“Yes, Mr. Kwon.  What can I do for you?”  I asked after calming down.

“Jiyong.  You can call me Jiyong.”  He insisted.

“What do you want, Mr. Kwon?” 

“I think we have something to discuss about.  When is a good time for you to meet?” 

“I don’t see why we should meet Mr. Kwon.  We have nothing to talk about.”

“Don’t make it difficult for both of us, Dara.”  Saying her name seems natural for Jiyong.

“It’s late, Mr. Kwon.  I don’t want to be rude, but I’m going to hang up now.  Bye.”

I didn’t wait for him to answer.  I pressed the end call button.  I just noticed my hands shaking when I put the phone on my lap.

I didn’t expect this to happen so soon.  As soon as we stepped our feet on Korean ground, there he is bumping into my daughter.  Fate is playing a trick on us.

“Momma?”

I didn’t notice my daughter entering the room.  I just stared at her.                                                                                                                                               

How could I forget that night when everytime I look at my daughter, it was G-Dragon’s face I see.

Her eyes.  Her nose.  Her lips.  She was a living reminder of my wild days.  But, I never regret having her in my life.  I’d die if I lose her.