KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR

BEHIND THE SPOTLIGHT

“Aren’t you rushing this wedding thingy with Luis? You just met him.” Bom was unusually not excited when I showed her the engament ring Luis gave me when he proposed. I was disappointed with her lack of enthusiasm.

“I’m not getting any younger, Bom. Besides, Gon-ah needs a father. And Luis adores my daughter like his own child. Why delay the inevitable?” I explained to her a hundred times already.

“Gon-ah has a father. If you just-“

“Stop it, Bom. I don’t want to hear about it. That issue has long been resolved.”

“Don’t you think you’re being stubborn and unreasonable? Why would you drag Luis into your affair?” Bom wouldn’t let go of the issue. She’s my bestfriend but, sometimes I hate her for being so righteous.

“Luis knows everything about me and my daughter. I’m not hiding anything from him.”

“I think you should speak to Jiyong first before Luis makes the necessary papers. It would still be illegal to adopt Gon-ah without her real father’s consent.”

“BOM! For God’s sake! Could you stop mentioning his name? He already gave up his rights when he decided not to look for us. What else do you want me to do? I already gave him a chance to be with his daughter. But, where is he? Do you want me to go back to Korea and look for him? Do you want me to beg him to acknowledge his own daughter? No, Bom. I will not do that. I will never see his face again.”

“Aren’t you curious to know his reasons? You were also at fault, Dara. You did not ask him what happened. You didn’t even bother calling him.”

“Bom, please. Enough already.” I suddenly felt exhausted.

Bom was mistaken. I did call him. Not just once. But his number was deactivated. I tried calling his company, but everytime I asked for Kwon Jiyong, they just told me to call again.

Gon-ah kept asking for his father. I ran out of lies to answer her constant nagging.

Until we suddenly had to move to Paris. One of my clients asked me to personally handle the restoration of his villa in France. I was more than eager to go. That project opened the door for me. I received more contracts. Before I realized it, Gon-ah and I were already settled in Paris.

Gon-ah started going to boarding school. She was too occupied with her new surroundings.  Meeting new friends at school. Engaging in different activities.

Soon, her questions about her father lessened. Until she finally stopped asking.

Then I met Luis at one of the charity events held at the Louvre.

He is every inch a gentleman.

He came from a prominent family of politicians in the Philippines. He was dubbed as Asia’s most sought after bachelor.

But, it was not his title and family background that attracted me to him.

It was his sense of humor.

He likes teasing me a lot.

He wouldn’t stop messing with me until he saw me smiling and laughing at his silly antics.

We became good friends. Despite the distance between us, he never failed to lend me an ear everytime something is troubling me. A shoulder to cry on when everything seems heavy.

He invited me and Gon-ah to the Philippines. His parents wanted to meet us. It was at their villa in Batangas when he announced his intentions. In front of his family and friends, he kneeled in front of me and asked me to marry him. I was shocked. Everybody were cheering for us. Including my daughter. She adores Luis. I couldn’t say no to him.

 

 

Ain't it a good thing to be confused?

Anyways...

I hope I'm not boring you with these turn of events.

Don't hesitate to post your suggestions.

HENGSHO!