ACCIDENTAL REUNION

BEHIND THE SPOTLIGHT

DARA'S POV

 

“GON-AH! Where are you?”

The airport crowd was thickening.  I couldn’t find my daughter anywhere.  She was just playing with her Barbie doll as I waited for our luggage to come out of the conveyor.  She just disappeared from my sight. 

My daughter is very smart. She will know what to do in case she got separated from me. She has my contact number. I tried consoling myself.

But, still she’s just a kid.  And we’re in South Korea.  

Oh, God! What should I do?

There was a commotion a few meters away from where I was standing.  I shoved myself between the screaming crowd. 

Why do they allow this kind of public disorder in the airport? Is there a rally going on?

“Gon-ah?” I was praying hard to see her in the middle of the commotion.  I was almost breathless with so much anxiety.

Flashes of lights blinded me as I emerged in the middle.


 

JIYONG'S POV

 

Damn paparazzi! I cursed silently.  They were everywhere.  I kept my head low as much as possible.  I’m not in the mood to do fan service.  I had a bad flight coming from Japan.  My head hurts. 

I didn’t notice the small girl running towards me.  She bumped her small body on my  left thigh.  She could have fell if I was not quick enough to grab her arm.  I couldn’t believe fans would use an innocent child just to get my attention.

“Are you alright?”  I asked the little girl.  She was staring at me with wide eyes.  Those eyes seemed so familiar.  I could hear people murmuring.

“I know you.” The little girl finally spoke.  Of course she does.  Who doesn’t know me?  I’m the great G-Dragon!

“Really?  How do you know me?” I asked while kneeling in front of her.  I shoved the curly hair from her eyes.  Damn, I’m sure I saw those eyes before.

“You’re my Poppa!”  The girl exclaimed.  The onlookers were silenced.  Then, flash bulbs started coming.  I was dumbstruck.  I couldn’t say a single word.  But, somehow I feel elated with her declaration.  She’s such an adorable girl.

“My name is Gon-ah.  I’m glad to finally meet you.”  She offered her small hand to me.  By instinct, I reached for it. An idescribable feeling washed over me when our hands touched. I feel warmth in my chest.

“I’m glad to meet you, Gon-ah.  Now, where’s your mother?” I suddenly realized how this incident will cause me another scandal. Then, I heard someone screaming from the crowd.

 

“GON-AH!”

I searched where the voice came from.  She was rushing towards us.  I felt my heartbeat stopped when I recognized her face.  Suddenly, the memory of five years ago came rushing back in my head.

“Gon-ah! Oh God, you scared me to death.  Don’t run off like that again.” The woman hugged the small girl in her chest.  I just kept staring at them not minding the cameras feasting on the scene before them.

“I’m sorry, Momma.”  The little girl said.  Her words rang in my head.  She called the woman Momma.  And he called me Poppa.  My eyes were glued at the two.  I felt my heartbeat raced when the woman turned to me.  I definitely saw the surprise in her eyes.  She recognized me.  Her face paled tremendously. 

The little girl whispered on her ear.

“He’s my Poppa.”  I definitely heard what she said despite the noise from the crowd.  The woman’s eyes grew wider.  She was alarmed.

“I-I’m sorry for my daughter’s recklessness.  She didn’t mean it.” She apologized, but she kept avoiding my eyes.  She lifted the little girl and walked away.

“He’s my Poppa.” The girl said louder.  I was still dumbfounded at what just happened.  I stood motionless while watching them weaved their way through the crowd.

“HYUNG!”

Seungri’s voice returned me to my senses. 

“What happened?”  He asked worriedly. 

“It’s her.”  I was talking to myself.

“Are you okay?  You look like a paper.” YB had already caught up with us.

“I’m fine.  Let’s get outta here.”