Arrogant Jerk

There Is No Right Time...(SEMI HIATUS)

 

Your POV

 

As soon as homeroom was over I rushed out to head to 2nd period trying to go unnoticed by Kiseop. 2nd period is the only period I have with Taemin so I get to be with him, but Minho's there too so that kinda ... I heard YooYoo and Lynn calling me as I headed out the door but if I wait for them, Kiseop might catch up.

 

Kiseop POV

 

I finished packing my stuff when I noticed Haera making her way out the door already.

 

"Tay, wait up!" I heard her friends calling her but she didn’t even look back. Eli and Kevin were by my side already. I got up and made my way to Haera's friends.

 

"You guys! You're Haera's friends, right? I'm Kiseop. This is Eli and Kevin but I'm pretty sure you already knew that."

 

"Umm... Okay. Hi. Can we help you?" The one with the short blonde hair shot me a glare. Really? They're just like her, I swear.

 

"Haera, what's her second period?"

 

"What's it to you?"

 

"Just wanna know since she's my partner..."

 

"Just cause she’s your partner doesn’t mean you can stalk her schedule..." Damn these girls are sassy.

 

"Fine, fine. I'll find out myself."

 

I went out of class and headed down the hall leaving Kevin and Eli behind.

 

Authors POV

 

"Hi there girls, sorry about Kiseop's attitude he can be a real pain sometimes... I'm Kevin" Kevin waved at the girls and smiled.

 

"I'm Eli. You're Yoori and you're Lynn, right?" He said pointing and naming each girl. The girls nodded but said nothing in response making an awkward silence.

 

"Sooo…. Do you girls wanna grab lunch together? It's really rare to find girls that don’t gawk and scream at the sight of us. We'd like to be friends with you girls" Kevin cordially invited them to have lunch.

The girls looked at each other and then smiled.

 

"Sure" they both said.

 

"But we eat our lunch in the school yard" Yoori added.

 

"It's less crowded and quieter. We're not fans of noise. It's easier to hear each other talk" Lynn finished off.

 

"Okay, no problem. Better for us. We'll see you guys for lunch then"

Eli and Kevin bid their goodbyes and left to their next period.

 

"YooYoo, Tay is gonna kill us when she sees them at our table..." Lynn tugged on Yoori's shirt halfway through the hall.

 

"I know, I know.... But Kevin and Eli seem like nice guys. They don’t look arrogant and full of themselves like Kiseop or most of the idols we've seen. We should give them a chance. Tay should give other idols a chance. They're human too."

 

Your POV

 

I made my way down the hall and saw Taeminnie a few feet ahead. He turned around and noticed me. He ran up to me and gave me a hug.

 

"Noona noona! Annyeong~~"

"Aigoo~ SHINee make's you do agyeo so much it comes out naturally doesnt it? Hey Taeminnie. How's your day so far?"

 

"Oh its great, my teachers are nice and we have 2nd period together!"

 

"So I heard. I heard Minho was gonna be with us too..."

 

"Yeaah, I don’t know how he managed that but it's okay! I'll just say you’re a close friend I met before debut. He's not one to ask much "

 

"Mmmm, okay."

 

"Taemin! Hurry up!" Minho called him coming out of a class in front.

 

"I better go noona, I'll see you in class" he gave me a peck on the cheek before running off to Minho. He's so adorable, but careless.

Minho had his back towards us but someone else could've seen...

 

Kiseop POV

 

I was about to go into class when I saw Haera with Taemin. How does she know Taemin? And why is he hugging her? She's actually talking to him. Does she perhaps know him? Nah, she must be a fan. Ommo... Taemin just kissed her cheek! Wae? Fan service maybe? Nah we don’t go that far... Ugh why do I even care? I’m just gonna go to class.

 

tick tock tick tock

Ughh this class is so boringgg. I find it more interesting to look out the window than hearing this teacher talk.... Oh, is that Haera? Ugh.. she's with Taemin again. Why is she with Taemin? They look close... I wonder what their relationship is.

Your POV

 

2nd period went by pretty fast. Since it’s the first day of school, teachers just mainly explain the rules of the class and such. Except for homeroom… Gosh I don’t like the teacher already, making me partner up with Kiseop… Lunch is next so I get to be with YooYoo and Lynn. I grabbed my lunch and headed out to the garden and found YooYoo and Lynn by the table close to the fountain. I was about to wave to them when I saw Kevin and Eli sit at the same table. What are they doing with them? Are they hitting on my girls?

 

“Hey girls~~~ Hi Eli… Kevin…” I greeted them coldly.

 

“Hi… urm... Haera-ssi” They gave me a sheepish smile and the atmosphere got awkward.

 

“Oh~ Um, Hi Tay! We met Eli and Kevin when you left us after homeroom and they wanted to have lunch with us. Sorry we didn’t ask you.” YooYoo gave me a ‘please forgive me and go along with it’ look. Gosh that girl can be so stubborn sometimes.

 

“Oh I see.” I took a seat next to YooYoo and started eating my lunch. I guess the atmosphere was still awkward since no one talked. Lynn is usually one to start conversations between new people but she didn’t know what exactly to talk about with them. She started asking them about their idol life or something like that, I’m not sure I kinda zoned out.

 

“Yah, Tay. C’mon at least try to look interested. Give them a chance, they seem nice” YooYoo nudged and whispered to me.

 

“Ugh, fine. So Eli, Kevin, you guys are in UKISS right?”

 

“Uhh… Yes Haera-ssi” Eli answered politely. Tsk, are they intimidated by me or something?

 

“Drop the honorifics, we’re in the same grade. Just call me Tay” Lynn and YooYoo’s jaw dropped as soon as they heard me tell them to call me Tay. I don’t usually let people call me Tay, since it’s a family nickname. But I guess Lynn and YooYoo are right. I’ve been secluding myself from making friends in fear they might talk too much about my family or find out too much. But they seem nice, unlike Kiseop ugh that arrogant son of a gun.

 

“What? Did I say something wrong?” I asked.

 

“Well… Um… No, but you don’t let just anyone call you Tay”

 

“Oh, well, I though you guys wanted me to be friends with them no? Or should I take it bac—“

 

“Nonononononononono! It’s progress! Don’t take it back!” They both said shaking their hands in the air.

 

“Haha you guys are a trip”

 

“Um… What’s going on here?” Eli suddenly asked confused.

 

“Oh, it’s nothing. Inside joke hehe So tell me more about you guys. What’s interesting besides your lives as idols?”

 

“Oh, I can imitate Jung Yuri’s face expression perfectly!” Kevin said.

 

“Bhahahahaha It’s true! Show them Kev~”

 

 

“Puahahahahahahahahahahaha” Oh Gosh, we all started laughing! He really can imitate Yuri noona’s expression. Oh my God how funny! We kept talking and talking and we soon became comfortable around each other, making jokes and laughing. They’re really cool guys. It was all going swell when suddenly he ruined it. He came and sat next to Kevin.

 

Kiseop POV

 

“You guys ditched me, I looked all over for guys in the cafeteria and you were here with these girls?” I sat down next to Kevin. Kevin and Eli seem to get along with Haera and her friends. When did that happen? I leave them for a couple of hours and they’re already closer to her than I am. Meeh, whatever.

 

“Sorry, Seoppie. It just sorta happened.” Kevin answered.

 

“Yeah, mianhe” Eli added.

 

“Well, if you excuse me. I’m done with my lunch, I’ll be leaving now.” Haera suddenly stood up to throw away her trash. Does she hate me or something? She avoids me every time I’m near her and leaves as soon as I show up…

 

“Wait, Tay~ Where are you going?” Lynn shouted at her.

 

“Last period~” She said without even turning back.

 

“We still have time Tay!” Eli shouted at her too. What? Tay? He can call her Tay?

 

“Mmm, whatever” was the last thing she said before going inside.

 

This girl is hard to deal with. How am I supped to be her friend if she keeps avoiding me? What exactly does she have against me?

 

Your POV

 

Last period went by smoothly. The day went by smoothly actually, except for the fact I have Kiseop as my partner for a month and forever my seat neighbor… Oh, not to mention he’s my neighbor too! Great… Kevin and Eli are nice though. I’m glad YooYoo forced me to be friends with them; they’re really cool. I made my way out of school and saw the girls already with Kevin and Eli. I waved and went up to them.

 

“Hey guys, how was last period? Mine was boring” I casually asked to make conversation.

 

“Oh, it was boring too”

 

“Same here…”

 

“Mine was alright”

 

“Mine was surprisingly interesting,” They each answered. I saw Kiseop making his way over to us. So I decided to leave, plus Taemin and I cant be seen together.

 

“Oh, alright guys. Um... I’ll be leaving first… I need to get home before um you-know-who comes out. Annyeong~”

 

Kiseop POV

 

“Who is ‘you-know-who’?” I heard Kevin ask as I reached them

 

“Oh, it’s nothing. Don’t worry” Lynn answered.

 

“Where did Haera go?” I asked.

 

“Home. We’re leaving too. Bye~” The girls said as they walked off. What is with these girls? They all seem to hate me… What did I ever do to them?

 

“Um… I’ll be going home too guys. See you in practice later” I said bye to the guys and walked trying to catch up with Haera. I followed behind her. I don’t know why I didn’t go up to her but just followed her instead. When she would suddenly stop, I would stop. When she would keep on going I would keep on going. I looked like a stalker. I didn’t notice she had stopped and when I looked up she shot me a glare. I faintly smiled and she turned around to keep on walking. I followed behind when she looked back again. This time she didn’t keep on walking.

 

Your POV

 

Why does he keep on following me? He can just walk ahead you know. Why does he have to follow behind me?

 

“Yah! Why are you following me?”

 

“N-ne? Nega (me) ?”

 

“Yes, you! Why are you walking behind me? You can simply walk ahead…”

 

“Oh um… I don’t know. I wasn’t paying attention. Sorry, if I bothered you”

 

Did he just… apologize? Did he really apologize or are my ears playing tricks on me? I was about

 

“Oh well… Don’t follow me”

 

“Wait, Haera….ssi. Since we’re partners would you like to head to my house to start working on the project?”

 

“No”

 

“Oh really? okay, I’ll just go the other way”

 

I was about to let him go when I saw Taemin in the back. I can’t let him see Taemin heading the same way as me. I bet he already saw me talking with him at least once through out the school day.

 

“Kiseop, wait!” He turned to look at me waiting for me to answer. Taemin saw I was in front and I tried hinting him to go the other way. “Urm… Okay, I’ll go to your house”

 

“N-ne? Really?”

 

“Yeah, you wanna start on the project right? Let’s go then” I unconsciously grabbed his hand and started making our way up the street towards our neighborhood. I guess with the panic of Taemin being seen I wasn’t thinking straight and I didn’t notice I was grabbing his hand until we reached his house.

 

“Okay, *cough* we’re here…” I let go of his hand and he made his way to open the door. I took out my phone and texted Taemin.

 

To: Tae baby xP

Taeminnie, text me when you get home. I’m stuck at Kiseop’s house thanks to you. You owe me for saving your

 

From: Tae baby xP

I’m sorry noona, I’ll be home real soon. Don’t worry. Thanks ^^ I’ll text you when I get there. I love you Taera noona ^^

 

Psh, 'Taera noona'... trying to use agyeo through text. That Taeminnie haha

 

“Come in” I heard Kiseop say. I made my way inside and was greeted by his mom.

 

“Aigooo~~ My dear son is back from school~ Ommo, who’s this? A new friend?”

 

“Ne annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Lee. I’m Lee Haera” I bowed respectfully.

 

“Ommo, ommo! She’s so pretty and well mannered!” Her comment made me blush. How cute, she thinks Im pretty haha

 

“Moom~~” Kiseop whined.

 

“Arasseo, arasseo. I’ll go back to cooking. Have fun you too~”

 

“At least your mom is nice, unlike you,” I said as I entered the living room.

 

“Uh… Thanks? Do you want something to drink? Or anything to eat?” He asked as he set his backpack on the couch.

 

“Well, at least you have manners. No thanks. I’m not planning to stay long.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Just at that moment I got a text from Taemin letting me know he was home and in his room. Ugh, finally. I got up and made my way to the door.

 

“Oh, eotteoke? Something came up and I have to go home. Sorry, we’ll work on the project some other day.” I put on my shoes and was about to head out when he suddenly grabbed my hand. The sudden contact surprised me and I could feel my heart racing. I tried to keep my cool and faced him

 

“What?” I asked coldly. I honestly don’t know why I’m so mean to him.

 

“Give me your phone” What? My phone?

 

“Wae?”

 

“Just give me your phone” I handed him my phone and heard him typing in a number. He pressed call and I heard a phone ring by his backpack.He tooka pic and then handed me my phone.

 

“Here, I saved my number and I now have yours. I’ll be texting you later to set up when we’ll do some research.”

 

I took my phone and put it in my pocket. “Mmm, whatever” I made my way out of the house and went to my house. As I got inside I took out my phone and checked the contact name. He saved it as ‘Kiseoppie ^^”. Psh, who gave him permission? I quickly changed it to ‘Arrogant Jerk T.T”. That’s better keke. His picture... It's cute,

I didn’t notice I started smilling to myself.

 

“Someone’s in a good mood. Must be Kiseop huh?” I was suddenly startled by Taemin’s voice.

 

“Psh, don’t even mention that arrogant jerk…” I made my way to the kitchen and took out some orange juice.

 

“If you don’t like him, why were you in his house?”

 

“Trying to save your that’s why! Also have him as my science partner.. Freaking homeroom teacher partnering my best friends together and leaving me with that arrogant son of a bi—“

 

“Wow there, wow there. No need to start cursing Noona”

 

“*Sigh* sorry, he just get’s on my nerves...”

 

“Why though? Did he do something to you? I’ve seen him a few times with UKISS when we were on M Countdown and Music bank; he seems really nice.”

 

“Hmm, well he’s an arrogant jerk that’s why” I honestly don’t know why I don’t like him… I just don’t like him…

 

“Well, I think you should give him a chance. He seemed nice”

 

“Ugh, whatever”

 

I went up to my room and started my homework. If I wanna go to the movies with Taemin, I better finish everything. I unintentionally kept checking my phone to see if I got any messages.

Here, I saved my number and I now have yours. I’ll be texting you later to set up when we’ll do some research.

Kiseop’s words kept playing in my head over and over again. Ughhhh, you know what? I’m just gonna listen to music. I was able to finish my homework on time but I kept checking my phone. Ugh, seriously Tay? It's time to get ready anyway; at least I’ll be distracted from now on. I showered and put on my outfit.

I put my hair up in a bun and put on my black sandals Taeminnie bought me a few weeks ago. I put on perfume and grabbed my bag.

 

“Tay, let’s go~” I heard Taemin scream from downstairs. I grabbed my phone and headed out my room when I suddenly got a text. I smiled unintentionally. Tay, why are you smiling? You shouldn’t be smiling!

 

From: Arrogant Jerk T.T

Tomorrow, my house for research after school.

 

Psh, who does he think he is ordering me around? Hells nah, this is not how this is gonna go down.

 

To: Arrogant Jerk

Um… How ‘bout nope. Tommorrow, free period at the library. Meet me there or not. Your choice.

 

This arrogant son of a bi—

 

“Tay! What’s taking so long? Let’s go!”

 

“Ne~~” That arrogant jerk… Heh, arrogant jerk. Ugh Tay stop smiling!