Guilt

There Is No Right Time...(SEMI HIATUS)

 

First Update of two ^^ Got WiFi back and I'm celebrating haha This one is a short one but it's some bonding time between Haera and little Hani :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

---2 Weeks Later---

 

Your POV

 

It’s finally the weekend! It’s been about two weeks since Kiseop and I made up. The project was due last week and although it wasn’t such an impressive project, we still got a good grade on it. Going to Kiseop’s house for breakfast has become a habit though. It feels weird when I don’t go eat breakfast at his house in the mornings. We’ve gotten closer too. We’ve gotten to a point in our friendship where we can spend hours together talking and chilling without it getting awkward or silent too often. It happens of course, but not as often as it used to.

I found out a lot about him; he plays the piano, he dances amazing, he stutters when he’s nervous (I figured this out when he kept stuttering in a class presentation), he is very clean and organized, like extremely clean and organized. I entered his room once and it was impeccable, it was extremely clean! The clothes were arranged by color, type, and size; the bathroom was squeaky clean, the bed sheets were washed every two to three days, and even his underwear was put away neatly! Don’t ask how I found out haha Move one little thing in his room even and inch and he notices and goes puts it back. It's a little creepy haha Point is, there’s more to him than I would have thought, and there still is a lot more to find out about him. I feel kinda bad though, I know enough about his family but he knows nothing about mine. I still don’t trust him enough to tell him the truth, but I feel so guilty. He’s always super honest with me. He tells me how he’s feeling, how his day was, if practice was hard and tiring, if he’s having trouble with his parent, but I on the other hand don’t tell him anything like that or related. He always tells me he can trust me and that he will always be there for me because he’s my best friend. He says he will never keep secrets from me because that’s what best friends are for. I feel bad that I have to keep everything from him. I even have to lie to him and make up excuses whenever he wants to walk me home if it’s too late or if he wants to visit me or something… I’m having some inner conflict… Part of me wants to tell him the truth but part of me feels its not the right time… I let out a long sigh.

 

“What’s wrong Unnie?” I heard as someone opened the door. “You look like you’re having trouble” It was Hani and her little best friend Dara. Dara has been her best friend since they were in diapers. She’s like another member of the family, just like YooYoo and Lynn.

 

“Yeah what’s wrong Haera unnie?” Dara asked with concern.

 

“Come here guys” I sat up on the couch in my room and patted the empty seats next to me. They obediently came and sat in front of me while I sat with my back against the arm rest and brought my knees up to hug them with my arms.

 

“Well, you see…” I began telling them my conflict. “I met this friend a couple months back right?” They nodded as I kept telling the story. “At first I thought he was really mean and weird because he’s famous. Have you guys heard of the band U-KISS?”

 

“Is it the one who sings Bingeul Bingeul?” Dara asked. I nodded in response.

 

“Oh yeah! I like that song! Bingeul Bingeul Bingeul Bingeul~~” Hani and Dara started dancing to it.

 

“Hani? Since when do you know U-KISS?” I asked in surprise. I never once heard her sing any U-KISS songs. It would always be SHINee.

 

“Dara would sing it when I would go to her house…”

 

“Yeah, so keep telling us about your ‘little friend’!” Dara said making air quotes when she said little friend. Does she think I like him or something? Hahah

 

“Okay, first of all he’s not my *Air quotes* Little friend*. He is my friend, and okay. So I thought he was mean so I would act mean to him but one day we went out to norebang together because the rest were busy, so it was just us two—“

 

“Uuuuuuuu~~” Both Dara and Hani made sounds when I said ‘Just us two’ Haha such kids…

 

“Hehe so as I was saying, we became friends but then he hurt my feelings.”

 

“Booo, he’s a meanie!” The girls pouted and made thumbs down.

 

“Yeah, he was but he didn’t mean to hurt me. It was an accident, but I was still mad at him because he hurt me right? So he tried to apologize but I didn’t forgive him. He even gave me a teddy bear and chocolates!”

 

“Awwww”

 

“So when the day came of his performance on TV, he dedicated a song to me and apologized in front of a bunch of people!”

 

“Jeongmal? Awww that’s cute!”

 

“Yeah, it was cute. So I decided to forgive him and give him another chance. He’s super nice and he’s really fun”

 

“Then what’s the problem with your *Air quotes* little friend*?” Dara kept air quoting the words ‘little friend.’

 

“The problem is….” I stopped for a while and sighed wondering whether I should continue or not. I decided to continue. “He doesn’t keep any secrets from me. He tells me everything that’s on his mind, but I lie to him all the time...”

 

“*Gasp*” They both gasped as they heard the word lie. “You lie to him? But why? He’s nice isn’t he?”

 

“I know, I know. It’s a little complicated…. I wanna tell him the truth! But it’s…”

 

“Complicated…” They both said.

 

“*Sigh* Yes…”

 

“Well, if he’s honest with you, you should be too, right Dara?” Hani asked.

 

“Yeah, if you guys are friends honesty is the best policy” Dang, these little girls are little but freaking smart! I smiled in defeat knowing they were right.

 

“But what if he hurts my feelings again?” I asked just wondering what they would say.

 

“Well, if he really is a friend, he wouldn’t…” Damn….

 

“But if he does…. Dara and I will kick his for hurting unnie! Right?”

 

“Right!” Dara responded.

 

“Aww come here you two!” I opened my arms for them and they came and ran into my embrace. We exchanged some giggles before letting go of the hug.

 

“Thanks guys, you guys are awesome. Go on and play now~”

 

“Neee~”

 

Maybe they’re right. Kiseop has been super nice to me and a real best friend. It’s time a treated him like one too. No more secrets, no more lies. If he truly is a friend, he’ll understand and wont hurt me again. Just like the girls said. I feel so much better now. I’ll pay him a visit later and tell him everything.