To Like or Not To Like..?

There Is No Right Time...(SEMI HIATUS)

 

Kevin POV

 

Sigh… Okay, you can do this Kevin. You can do this…. Just knock on the door. She’ll open right? Okay… Here we go—

 

“Kevin?”

 

“Huh?”

 

I turned around to see Kiseop and Tay standing behind me. Guess she wouldn’t have answered if I had knocked.

 

“Oh… Hey Tay, whatchu doin’ here? *nervous laugh*”

 

“Well… I live here…” Dammit that’s right… I’m in front of her house… Forgot.. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Me? Here? Doing? What am I?” Dammit… Keep it cool Kevin… “*clears throat* I mean… I came here to see you”

 

“Me? Wait, how’d you know where I live?”

 

“Eli told me”

 

“…..Eli…….” Tay kinda gritted his name. Is everything okay?

 

“Um… Yeah, I came to talk to you about something… Something um… important…”

 

“Why’d you come to talk to Haera? You can always come talk to me… We’re bro’s remember?” Right... Forgot Kiseop was here…

 

“I know, I know. You’ll always be my bro… BUT… Tay was the first one to come to my mind thinking about this…” He looked at me kinda dirty; maybe he has the wrong idea “Um. But I mean… you can help too!” Well, that didn’t convince him...

 

“That’s a great idea! I also have something to tell you. Come inside guys” Haera made her way towards the door and opened it. We made our way inside and went over to the living room.

 

“Kevin oppa!!” A little girl attacked me.

 

“Heey little girl I’ve never met before…” I awkwardly returned the hug she gave me.

 

“Dara, let go of Kevin please, you’re freaking him out” Haera said as she made her way to take the little girl off me.

 

“Sorry Haera unnie. I’ve just always wanted to meet Kevin oppa. Is this your ‘little friend’” Why’d she quote the word little friend while looking at Kiseop? Is there something going on here?

 

“I told you he’s not my ‘little friend’. He’s my best friend, but yes it’s him. Go on back to Hana’s room now. We have some talking to do, please.”

 

“Ne~”

 

“Who was that?” I asked.

 

“Sorry, it was my little sister’s friend. She apparently loves U-KISS but didn’t know Kiseop…”

 

“Of course….” Hahaha no one ever recognizes Kiseop. I feel kinda bad for him.

 

“So what is it you wanted to talk about that you had to go and look for Haera, Kev?”

 

“Oh, right… Um, well… I don’t know how to start. Um… Haera, how do you know if you like someone?”

 

“Um…. You know, just one question, why did I come to your mind when you thought about this?”

 

“Well, you’re a girl. Shouldn’t you have liked someone by now?”

 

“…….No”

 

“Bwo?!”

 

 

“No need to raise your voice guys” Haera said as she backed up a little by the volume of our voices.

 

“You’ve seriously never liked anyone? Not even a little?” Kiseop asked kinda shocked.

 

“….No…. Well, I don't think so”

 

“Wow, really?” I asked again.

 

“Yes, really! Stop asking!”

 

“Okay, okay… How bout you Kiseop?”

 

“Well…. I’m not sure if I call this liking the girl… but it did and still kinda does make me feel, different.”

 

“Okay, go on..” Haera and I turned to look at him and listened attentively.

 

“Well, when I first met her, she caught my attention. She wasn’t like all the other girls; she was different. Although I didn’t get to know her until after a couple of weeks, whenever I would see her or be near her I would always get a rush in my heart. Whenever I tried talking to her, the right words wouldn’t come out. I would always be so nervous, and you know how I stutter when I’m nervous…. I had never gotten nervous because of a girl. When I did get to know her, everything about her became so different. Seeing her smile would make me smile, seeing her laugh would make me laugh, seeing her cry would make me feel sad, and as more and more time passed I would miss her during the day, think about her during the night, and my whole life turned completely upside down. I felt like opening up to her and becoming as close as possible as I can be with her, and her with me.”  

 

“Wow… You think about her at night? You ..." I shook my head and gave him a disapproving look.

 

"Yah! Not that way!" Kiseop grabbed a pillow and threw it right at me hitting me square in the face.

 

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding... I’ve never heard you speak this way Seoppie…” I was impressed by Kiseop’s feelings.

 

“Neither have I….” Haera looked at Kiseop in awe.

 

“*Clears throat* Well, um, I’m not sure if that’s because I like her but it’s a start. Why are you asking this?”

 

“Well…. I think I like someone…”

 

“What??!” Kiseop and Haera nearly popped my eardrums.

 

“Guys…. Lower the tone please…. It’s not that big of a deal…”

 

“Not that big of a deal? Bro, you finally like someone!”

 

“I said I think! I didn’t say I did!”

 

“So? it’s a possibility~ Who is it?”

 

“…….Someone we're close to”

 

“What??? Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god~” Haera started squealing and spazzing. “No way? Really Oh this is so great~~”

 

“But I’m not sure… It’s just… maybe…”

 

“Oh my god~~~~~”

 

“Haera, calm down. Let’s hear the guy out. Tell us how you feel Kev. What do feel when you see her? Any weird feelings?”

 

“Well, when I first saw her, I thought she was kinda odd. She wasn’t quite like the rest. I thought she was pretty cute though. When I got to talk to her I noticed she was really cool! Her personality is so unique it’s amazing! I catch myself acting unlike myself whenever I see her or whenever I’m with her. I get this weird feeling in my stomach and I get super jittery when I get to be with her, even just by seeing her from far. I smile like an idiot when she talks to me, and even though she’s odd, we have a lot in common. I get this feeling of wanting to protect her and be there for her no matter what”

 

“Oh my God… You so totally like Lynn”

 

“You think so? I mean I think I do but I don’t---- Wait how’d you know it was Lynn?”

 

“You just told me… *Squeals* Oh my God this is so exciting~~~”

 

“Calm down Tay, don’t scare the guy hehe Okay so is it Lynn?” I just said that Kiseop…. Keep up with the program…

 

“Yes, Kiseop. It’s Lynn”

 

“You so totally like her bro”

 

“Really? How do you know?”

 

“Well, you just described you like her haha that’s how a guys usually feels.”

 

“Like you know that bestie…” Tay rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Well, I imagine… Whatever it’s not about me! We’re here to talk about Kevin. So do you talk to her often?”

 

“No, it’s really hard for me not to make a fool out of myself… And I don’t wanna push her away by confessing…”

 

“I get it. Just try to be friends. Try getting closer to her. You’d be surprised once you get to know her. She’s my best friend for a reason. Maybe I can help you out”

 

“Really? You would do that for me?”

 

“Yeah! You’re my friend too. And she could really use a boyfriend… or a guy best friend asap…”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“Well, she—“

 

“Noona, I’m home~” We heard a voice come from the door. It wasn’t  until the person came into the living room that I recognized who it was.

 

“Taemin?”

 

“Kevin?”

 

“Why does Taemin have keys to your house Tay?”

 

“This is what we wanted to tell you…” Kiseop and Tay said simultaneously. It’s like they're twins or something..

 

“Oh God, not again….” I heard Taemin complain while shaking his head.

 

“What’s going on here…..?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so this is a short update but I didn't wanna leave you guys hanging today so here is a somewhat boring but interesting gushy moment part of the story. So Kevin feels nervous around you(reader who is putting herself in Lynn's shoes) How cute :3 To make it up for a short update I'll spam you with Kevin :D