Progress

There Is No Right Time...(SEMI HIATUS)

 

 

Kiseop POV

 

I had just finished practice with U-KISS when I decided to send Haera a text telling her when to meet up to do research. I told her to come to my house tomorrow after school. After a few minutes her reply came.

 

To: Arrogant Jerk

Um… How ‘bout nope. Tommorrow, free period at the library. Meet me there or not. Your choice.

 

Gosh, she’s so bossy. Why is she so mean to me? What did I ever do to her? Even though she’s cold and rude to me I couldn’t help but smile at the reply I got from her.

 

“Someone’s happy” Kevin’s voice startled me.

 

“Huh? Oh it’s nothi—“ He took my phone and read the text from Haera. Great, now he’s gonna bother me…

 

“Oh, now I see. It’s Tay”

 

“Why do you call her Tay? You just met her today”

 

“I know, she personally told us to call her Tay”

 

“Jinjja?”

 

“Mhm. Why are you so happy though? She’s mean to you”

 

Happy? Who said I was happy? I’m just glad we got out of practice early.

 

“I know. Why is she so mean to me? She ignores me every time I go up to her, she leaves whenever I go up to you guys, and she’s cold as ice towards me. All she does is give me attitude… How am I supposed to work together if she won’t even talk to me?”

 

“Mmm, I don’t know… Was she an ex or something and maybe you don’t remember? A one night stand maybe? Nah, she’s too pretty for you haha”

 

“Kevin, this is serious. We’re in the same class and have to sit next to each other for the rest of the year. I don’t want it to be like this the whole year! What should I do? I at least want her to treat me like a friend.”

 

“Mm, do you want me to help you? You know, put in a good word about you?”

 

“Really? You would do that for me?”

 

“Sure, but you need to work on your attitude too! I can do the talk but you have to do the walk”

 

Ugh, I guess he’s right. Maybe my attitude is why she dislikes me so much. I have been told I’m an …

 

“Ugh, fine. I guess I have to put my part in it to. Thanks Kev~ I owe you one. I’ll see you tomorrow in school”

 

I went back home and washed up. It feels really good to come back home after practice and rest knowing I don’t have anything else to worry about. I finished all my homework before practice and it’s only 7:30pm. I guess I’ll just watch TV. I can’t wait till tomorrow; I get to see Haera. Wait, why am I even excited? I shouldn’t, she hates me. And I don’t have any interest in her right? I just want to be on good terms with her, that’s all.

 

---Next Day---

 

Come on, come one… Dismiss us teacher! Ring a bell, something! I need to go the library, it’s been 15 minutes into free period already and this teacher doesn’t wanna dismiss us! I’m so late….

 

“Okay, you’re dismissed” Finally!

 

I packed my things and made my way to the library as fast as possible. I’m on the other side of the school so getting there will take a few minutes. I finally got there and I looked around for Haera. I hope she didn’t leave…

 

 

Found her! She was sitting by herself at a table. Obviously no one would spend free period at a library… Maybe a few of them nerds but there’s barely anyone here. I went up to the table she was at but she didn’t even acknowledge my presence. I even pretended to cough but nothing…

 

“*Exaggerated coughing*”

 

 

“Hey… urm… Sorry I’m late” I took a chair and sat down.

 

“Don’t worry. I wasn't expecting you to come anyway. Whether you came or not, like I said last night, was up to you…” Damn this girl is cold…

 

“Oh, right. So, um, what are we gonna do the project about?”

 

“Well, since it’s the beginning of the year and whether or not the project is amazing or not doesn't really matter, as long as we get a good grade on it is fine. Besides, science is not my favorite class exactly… So I picked a simple yet not that boring project.”

 

“Okay, what is it?”

 

“We have to find out if eating breakfast affects our school performance and if it matter what we eat.”

 

“That’s it?”

 

“Yeah that’s it”

 

Well, that’s easy enough. Awesome, I don’t like science either. But, I guess that won’t give me so many chances to hang with her since it’s a simple project.

 

“But” She suddenly interrupted my thoughts.

 

“Um… But what?”

 

“Since this project needs a guinea pig, and I’m not gonna risk doing bad is school, you’ll be the guinea pig”

 

“Bwo? N-nega? Why me?”

 

“You’re an idol aren’t you? You have you’re career set already. Unlike you, I actually do need good grades to later go to college.” Tsk, of course. Making me suffer wouldn’t cross her mind twice before suggesting it.

 

“Mmm, I guess that’s reasonable not really”

 

“So, I will be going to your house in the mornings starting next week and personally give you the breakfast you’ll need to eat, or won’t. You’ll need to go a few days without eating anything in the morning”

 

“Bwo? Really?”

 

“Yeah, or I could just ask for a partner change you know I doubt the teacher would say no-“

 

“Ani, ani. Gwenchana. I’ll do it!”

 

“Alright, it’s set then.”

 

“You know, this is the most you’ve talked to me since I met you”

 

“Well don’t get used to it. I’m doing it cause I have to, not cause I want to” Psh, of course… I was about to say something when she suddenly got her things and stood up.

 

“Wait, where are you going?”

 

“My locker. Free period’s almost over. I need to go get some things”

 

“Wait, I’ll go with yo—“

 

“Don’t bother, I’m being nice to you cause I have to. We’re partnered and I have no choice. That doesn’t mean I’m your friend. See you for breakfast.”

 

Your POV

 

It wasn’t until I was in my locker when I realized I deliberately put myself to go to his house every morning for a few weeks…. Nice one Tay, nice one! I said inside my head as a hit myself lightly on the head.

 

“Tay noona, are you okay?” I suddenly heard his voice.

 

“Why are you hitting yourself?” He asked again.

 

“Huh? Oh yea, heh. I looked crazy hitting myself right now, huh?”

 

He just nodded.

 

“Heh, nothing. I just condemned myself to spend every morning with Kiseop feeding him breakfast…. I’m hating my science teacher more and more…”

 

“Oh… I see. So you wont be eating breakfast in the house?”

 

“I will. I’ll just leave a whole lot earlier now. So you wont have to worry about me in the mornings.”

 

“Oh, I see. What are you doing tomorrow night? Minho hyung wants to me you… He saw me talking to you yesterday and got curious. He said he wanted to meet my friend since he thinks you’re cute.”

 

“Bwo? Jinjja? You said he’s not one to ask much Taeminnie…”

 

 

“Please noona; just this once? He’s really not going to give up until he meet’s you. He’s really persistent… “

 

“…. Fine… Just this once, okay?”

 

“Ne~~ Thank you noona! Saranghae~”

 

“Aigoo~~ I better go to next period. I’ll see you home~”

 

“Nee, have fun with Kiseop tomorrow~”

 

I was about to punch his arm when he ran off. He knew what was coming when he said that and ran off before I had the chance to hit him. Voluntarily saying I was gonna give Kiseop breakfast was a bad idea…

 

 

I was making my way to lunch when I bumped into someone by the music room.  It sent music sheets flying everywhere! I bent down and helped the person pick the sheets up. It wasn’t until I handed it to him that I noticed it was Kevin.

 

“Oh, annyeong Tay~”

 

“Oh, Kevin it was you. Heh, sorry I sent your music sheets flying.”

 

“Oh it’s okay. You on your way to lunch?”

 

“Yeah, wanna come with? I mean that is if you wanna have lunch together...”

 

Kevin POV

 

“Sure, I needed a lunch buddy anyway. Let’s go”

 

Having lunch with Haera will give me the opportunity to talk to her about Kiseop. He better pay me for this, he owes me big time. Since when did I become his wingman?

 

“So, how’s the science project going? Eli and I are still debating what to do”

 

“Oh, there’s progress. Just wished you were my partner instead of that arrogant jerk…”

 

“Arrogant jerk? You mean, Kiseop?”

 

“Yes, Kiseop… Why did he have to be my partner? Like seriously, it’s enough I have to sit next to him in science class…”

 

“Well, you know if you get to know Kiseop he’s a really nice guy”

 

“Yeah? Well, I’m not interested”

 

“Oh, C’mon Tay. You’re gonna be stuck with the guy for the rest of the year. Might as well make amends with him don’tcha think?”

 

“Mm…. I don’t know~”

 

“Why don’t you like him? Has he done anything to you when we weren’t there?”

 

“No”

 

“Did he insult you?”

 

“… No”

 

“Then?”

 

“Well, he’s an idol…”

 

“So? I’m an idol too but you gave me a chance. And now we’re on our way to have lunch together”

 

“Why does it seem like everyone wants me to be friends with him? First YooYoo and Lynn, then Taeminnie, and now you!” Taeminnie? Does she mean Taemin sunbae?

 

“Well… Maybe God’s trying to tell you something, C’mon what do you have to lose? Give him a chance! Take it from me… I’m pretty close to the guy. He might be annoying and his attitude stinks, but his heart is in the right place. C’mon, what do you say, hmm?”

 

“Gosh, I hate it when my friends are right… Fine, I’ll be nicer to him… But that doesn’t mean I’ll be his friend! Just… acquaintances…”

 

“Heh, fine with me. Let’s go eat lunch now”

 

 

Your POV

 

Well, today wasn’t such a bad day. School was calm. There wasn’t much homework today… It’s barely 6pm and I’m already bored… I wonder what’s on TV right now. I went to the living room and turned it on. I was looking through the channels when I suddenly heard the word ‘U-KISS’. I turned back to the channel and it was Shin PD. I love Shin PD and U-KISS was guest starring. It was almost done though. They were doing the spray game. They were told to put blindfolds on and they each got a cosmetic spray. Only one is the real spray and the rest have a substitute liquid. I wonder what it is…. They started spraying it and they started getting black spots on their faces... Oh my God… The sprays have black paint HAHAHAH are you serious? xD Oh my God this is too funny! They’re staining their whole faces with paint! Oh God, Kiseop even got some on his teeth hahaha! What a pabo!

`Hahahaha Kiseop, you’re so dumb! You kept saying your spray was the real one hahahahahaha you clueless jerk! I’m so totally gonna bother you with this! How come I never saw this episode?

 

*Beep beep*

 

Hah, speaking of the devil, he just texted me.

 

From: Arrogant Jerk T.T

Hey Tay, you busy?

 

Tay? Since when did I tell him to call me Tay?

 

To: Arrogant Jerk T.T

Tay? Tsk, since when did I give you permission to call me Tay?

 

From: Arrogant Jerk T.T

Oh, sorry. I forgot you were only being nice to me cause you had to… I wont bother you anymore…

 

Gosh, was I too mean towards him? I feel like if I just screamed at my dog and now he’s whining to me all sad…

 

To: Arrogant Jerk T.T

No, it’s okay. You can call me Tay

 

From: Arrogant Jerk T.T

:O Jinjja? Is that really okay? I heard you only let a few people call you by that name….

 

To: Arrogant Jerk T.T

It’s fine

 

From: Arrogant Jerk T.T

Cool ^^ I have to go to practice now. I’ll see you tomorrow morning ^^

 

To: Arrogant Jerk T.T

K, don’t get hurt. Bye

 

Watching Shin PD with UKISS made me wanna watch them more haha. I’m gonna go watch more of the reality shows they show up in. I watched UKISS’s Chefs Kiss, UKISS vampire, weekly idol, and Shin PD. Gosh these kids are hilarious. Kiseop is… Kinda of him now. Maybe I should give him a chance…

                                                 

 

*Beep beep* *Beep beep* *Beep beep*

 

 

I immediately shut of my alarm. Gosh it’s too early. Darn Kiseop and this freaking science project… I literally rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I showered and got ready. I put on my outfit and made my way down to the kitchen.

 

I ate my breakfast and I was washing the dishes when I heard Taemin stumble into the kitchen.

 

“I see you’re still sleepy” I laughing at the fact he was on the floor.

 

“You’re mean noona…”

 

“Hahaha sorry, good morning Taeminnie. Sit, breakfast is on the table. I’ll be leaving now. I have to give Kiseop breakfast.”

 

“Ne, have fun with your boyfriend kekeke”

 

I lifted my arm as if I was gonna hit him. I didn’t actually hit him, seeing him flinch is enough satisfaction haha.

 

“Unnie you’re leaving already?” I heard Hani’s sweet voice coming from the stairs. She had just woken up and had her hairwas  all in a mess.

 

“Aigoo, just getting up? Yes, unnie’s leaving. She has to go feed an arrogant jerk. Listen well to your babysitter and watch Taemin. Make sure he doesn’t break anything while I’m gone”

 

“Hehehe ne unnie”

 

“Yah, I don’t break anything!” Taemin complained when he suddenly dropped the plate. It didn’t break but he dropped it haha

 

“My point exactly Hani-ah” We both laughed at Taemin’s misfortune and earned a put from Taemin.

 "It didnt break..."

 

“Bye guys~ See you after school!”

 

I made my way down the steps to the door and went over to Kiseop’s house. It was about 7am and it’s about time he’s up since school starts in an hour. I got to his house at around 7:20am and knocked on the door. I was greeted by his mom after a few seconds.

 

“Aigoo, it’s my son’s pretty friend! Come in, come in!” She kindly greeted me inside.

 

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Is Kiseop here?”

 

“Kiseop? That lazy bum never wakes up early. He’s probably still sleeping in his room. Do me a favor and go wake him up. I have to finish helping my husband”

 

“Ne? Ah, ne”

 

“His room is the first on the right”

 

“Ne~” I made my way up the stairs and saw Kiseop’s door. I knocked but no one answered. I knocked a few more times before coming in. I walked into his room and saw him still sleeping.

He looks so peaceful. I never noticed but his skin looks really soft. I stood next to him admiring his profile. His nose, his eyelashes, his cheeks, his lips… Snap out of it Tay!

 

“Kiseop…” I whispered shaking his shoulder a little. No answer.

 

“Lee Kiseop” I tried again but nothing.

 

“Yah! Arrogant Jerk!” I screamed in his ears. His eyes shot opened and he jumped a little on his bed.

 

“H-haera? What are you doing here? What time is it?”

 

“I’m here to give you breakfast but you’re not up yet so I had to wake you up as well. It’s 7:30”

 

“7:30? Ugh, ten more minutes!” He whined as he covered himself with the covers.

 

“Yah Kiseop... Kiseop!” Gosh, this jerk is annoying. How can he sleep when we have to leave in 30 minutes? I tried hitting him with a pillow, playing loud music, jumping on the bed, but nothing. No reaction… How am I gonna get him up? Oh! I know! I got a pencil that was by his night stand and started softly touching him with it.

 

“Oh Kiseop look. There’s a bug on your bed sheets”

 

“WHAT??? GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFFFFFFF~~” He shot off the bed screaming squirming.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAH OH MY GOD! You should’ve seen your face!”

 

“YAH! Lee Haera! That wasn’t funny!”

 

“Oh yes it was! Hahahahahahaha I didn’t know you were scared of bugs that much!”

 

“Arasseo, arasseo. Mianhe” I took a closer look at him and he had bed hair... That type of y bed hair... Grrr,stop thinking, stop thinking....

 

“It’s okay. People tease me a lot because of that. I just didn’t know you knew. How did you--?”

 

“I was watching U-KISS vampire. I saw the episode were you practically screamed like a girl a long with Kevin trying to feed the lizards hahaha too funny”

 

“Ohh, that episode. I wasn’t really scared.”

 

“Right” wasn’t scared my . Bro you just practically shot through the roof haha

 

“I wasn’t I’m serious…”

 

“Right, right. So anyway you better go and get rea—Holy ! Kiseop what are you doing?!” I turned around before I could see more. Who does he think he is taking off his shirt in front of me? God those abs...

 

 

“What? I’m just changing”

 

“You’re not gonna shower?”

 

“Do I have to?”

 

“Ghhhh, you’re disgusting…” I turned around and went in back of him. I grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him towards the bathroom.

 

“Go, shower now!”

 

“Do I really have to Tay?”

 

“Yes, now shower!” I was standing in front but he was just staring at me.

 

“What you’re not gonna shower?” I asked

 

“Well, yeah but you’re still in the bathroom.  Unless you wanna shower together if that’s why you’re still here..”

 

“Okay... ew…. ! I’ll wait for you downstairs...”