Guilt II

There Is No Right Time...(SEMI HIATUS)

 

Your POV

 

Gosh, I’m so nervous…. I’ve been sitting on the swing for about 30 minutes. I was supposed to meet Kiseop 10 minutes from now but I was way too nervous of telling him everything that I came super early. I’ve been swinging on the swing since then. How is he gonna take all of this? Will he understand and accept it? Or will he totally hate me for lying to him all this time and not telling him the truth? I hope he understands… It was really hard for me to come and tell the truth, I wouldn’t wanna lose his friendship. So far it’s great! I like being his friend.

 

“Guess who?” I got startled as a pair of hands covered my eyes and heard a voice, his voice. I touched his hands that were covering my eyes and made my way of to feel his face. Even though I already knew who it was, I wanted to make sure it was he by the features of his face.

 

“Seoppie~ I know it’s you. I told you to meet me here who else would it be pabo?” I tried sounding calm but I think I failed.

 

“Heh, I know” He uncovered my eyes and made his way around the swing and sat on the one next to me. “Is everything alright? You suddenly called me up.”

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah! Just wanted to see my best friend *nervous laugh*” Yeah, that didn’t convince him… He looked at me with an ‘I-know-something’s-wrong’ face.

 

“What’s really going on? What’s the real reason you called me huh?”

 

I was too nervous to look at him so I just looked down at the floor. I really want to tell him and get over with it, but I’m scared of how he’s gonna react…

 

Kiseop POV

 

Haera looks troubled. I can tell she wants to tell me something, but she’s stopping herself from talking. She knows she can tell me anything right? I got up from the swing and stood in front of her. I crouched down and placed my finger on her chin, lifting her head to face me. I looked at her beautiful brown eyes and smiled.

 

“You know you can tell me anything right? What’s wrong?” I asked her. She was about to speak when she looked back down again.

 

“Come” I grabbed her hand and took her to a bench nearby. I sat next to her and faced her. I grabbed both of her hands and rubbed them with my thumbs. “Tell me what’s wrong. I’ll wait till you decided to talk but tell me okay? Don’t hide anything, let your troubles out mm?” She nodded and looked at our holding hands for a while before speaking. She gave a long sigh before I heard her speak softly.

 

“Kiseop-ah… I’m sorry” I heard her say, still looking down at our hands.

 

“Sorry? Sorry about what?”

 

“I’m sorry… I’ve been lying to you…”

 

“Lying? About what?”

 

“Everything…”

 

“What do you mean everything?”

 

“Well,” She finally looked up to me. Her eyes were watery and her nose was turning a little pink.

 

“You’ve been completely honest with me. You tell me everything that’s on your mind and everything you feel at the moment. I’ve gotten to know your family and I visit your house often. There isn’t anything you keep from me and you always tell me that best friends don’t keep secrets from each other. Well, I’ve been keeping a secret, a very big secret. I keep lying and making excuses whenever you wanna take me home or whenever you wanna come over cause I can’t go to yours but they’re all lies…. Big fat stinky lies and I feel really bad for all of this”

 

She let it all out in one breath. Her voice started cracking and she couldn’t look at me anymore. She looked back down but I saw a tear fall down her cheek before she looked down. I heard her sob softly. I suddenly felt my eyes get watery too and my vision became blurry. I held back the tears and lifted her head instead. She looked at me with red puffy eyes and pink spotted nose from sobbing. She was holding back her tears but another one managed to escape.  I wiped her tears and smiled at her. I brought her to my embrace and that’s when she broke down. I started comforting her and rubbed her head with my hand.

 

“It’s okay Haera. Let it out, let it all out.”

 

“I’m a terrible person I know…” She managed to say in between sobs. I smiled and shook my head.

 

“Ani, you’re an amazing person” She let go of me but was still sobbing. She looked up at me with a pout.

 

“*Snifles* How can you say that? I’ve been lying to you. I haven’t been treating you like a best friend at all. You should dislike me for lying and keeping secrets from you…”

 

“I don’t dislike you Haera. I can’t dislike you. You’re my best friend! I don’t blame you for lying to me and keeping secrets from me. I kinda did force you into this friendship hehe. What matters is that you told me the truth, right?”

 

“*Sniffles* I guess… But I haven’t exactly told you all of the truth…” She looked down at her hands and started playing with her fingers.

 

“Well go ahead then…”

 

“I’m pretty sure you’ve noticed Taemin and I talking frequently and all those times I made up excuse was because I was with him…”

 

So she’s been lying to me because she’s been with Taemin? Is what she wants to tell me that she’s going out with him? No, that can’t be possible… we’re not allowed to date anyone… It could be a secret relationship… No no, don’t make your own conclusions Kiseop…. For some reason it hurts knowing it’s a possibility…

 

“So what you’re meaning to say is….?” I asked before my brain made up any more scenarios.

 

“The truth is… He’s my brother…”

 

“Bwo?!” Taemin and Haera are siblings? What?? That’s…. impossible! There are no records of Taemin having a sister!

 

“But it’s a secret from everyone! Not even the company knows. The reason I kept it from you was because we made a pact before he debuted that we wouldn’t tell anyone of our relationship. He didn’t want me to get followed or bullied by anyone so we have been keeping it a secret. That’s why we moved as far away form the company building as possible. You have noticed that only you and Taemin live on this side of the city. No other idols live here. I’m sorry for keeping all of this form you…”

 

Your POV

 

I looked down from guilt. I couldn’t face him. I’ve been keeping too much from him and I wouldn’t blame him if he disliked me. I was about to look up when I was pulled into his embrace. It took me by surprise and I started to blush. Good thing he can’t see me. I could hear his heartbeat perfectly from here. It felt nice and warm being in his arms. I felt safe and protected.

 

“It’s okay, I understand… I forgive you. Don’t feel guilty anymore. What matters is that you came clean. We can start over now if it’ll make you feel better.

 

“Yes! I promise I wont keep anything from you anymore. I promise to be completely honest and comfortable around you. I will tell you what’s going on when it happens and I wont be awkward anymore!” I felt him smile from the top of my head. I let go of him and smiled back.

 

“Okay, I promise I won’t hold any grudges” He giggled.

 

“Heh pabo~ You are so the last person I’m telling this to.”

 

“Last one? Who else knows?”

 

“Well, YooYoo and Lynn obviously know since we knew them way before Taemin debuted, Onew-ssi and Eli.”

 

“Bwo? Eli knew? You told him but you didn’t tell your best friend? Yah, that hurts…” He placed his hand where his heart is and made a face like it really hurt him.

 

“Pabo, he found out before we were best friends… And that was because he went snooping around…. He got on my bad side after that. I like him, but I’m extra careful with him…”

 

“Oh, I see. So now that it’s all better, let’s go to Starbucks. I’m craving a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino~ My treat, I owe you one.”

 

“Huh? You don’t owe me one. What are you talking about?”

 

“Yes I do! You don’t remember? The first time I saw you I bumped into you and made you drop your Frappuccino. I recognize one anywhere” He gave me a smile. I can’t believe he remembers that. It happened over a month ago. I don’t even remember what I had for lunch last weekend!

 

“Kaja~” He grabbed my hand and led the way. I couldn’t help but blush at the sudden skin ship. I could feel my heart beat fast like a broken metronome. You sure are something Kiseop…

 

Kiseop POV

 

“Kaja~” I said as I grabbed her hand and led her to Starbucks. I don’t know why I did that, but I don’t regret it either. I feel different when I hold Haera’s hand. It feels like if my hands were made to hold hers… Weird huh? Good thing she can’t hear my heart beat or she’d think I’m about to die. Normally I don’t like it when people lie to me; I hate it when they keep secrets from me. But for some reason, I can’t seem to be mad at you never the less, hate you. You sure are different Haera, a good different.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Second update :P This was a little fluffy haha but it was fun writing it ^^ Next update will be on Wednesday most probably :)