New Year, New Troubles

There Is No Right Time...(SEMI HIATUS)

 

---First Year of High School Years Ago---

 

Your POV

 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, or should I say, my little sister, at around 8am. Who wants to wake up at 8 in the freaking morning on a Saturday?! I opened my eyes and I saw her, that little “angel” playing in my room. Why do I even bother telling mom, that little girl is untouchable. I tell on her and she uses her agyeo and gets away with anything. Gosh how, I wish I were small like her. Then again, I wouldn’t be able to have fun when Taemin, Yooyoo, or Lynn isn’t around. My sis might be a pain in the , but she sure makes my life fun and interesting. Especially when her best friend Dara comes over; Wooo that sure is a different type of weird haha. I rolled out of bed and was greeted with her regular morning hug.

 

“Good morning Haera unnie! Did you sleep well?” She asked me with that sweet voice of hers, how could I stay mad at a cute little cupcake like her? No wonder she gets away with everything.

 

“Nee~~ Thanks for asking. Is Taeminnie home?”

 

“Ne, he’s outside eating breakfast.”

 

“Ah, gurae? Okay, go play outside while unnie washes up okay?”

 

I washed up and came out for breakfast. I found Taemin on the couch watching a rerun of Music Bank. He was drinking his favorite drink, banana milk. I swear if you ever touch his banana milk you’re dead. Not literally, but something like that haha I made my way to the couch and sat next to him.

 

“Good morning Taeminnie. Did you sleep well? At what time did you get home last night? I didn’t see you come in, and I went to sleep pretty late”

 

“Good morning Tay Noona, I came home pretty late last night, or should I say pretty early this morning haha I came home at around 3 in the morning. I stayed for a while training after our schedules. I lost track of time, mianhe, for not letting you know."

 

“Ohh, okay. It’s okay, just make sure to let me know next time okay?” I pinched his cheek. He hates it when I pinch his cheek, which makes it even more fun haha He always makes an annoyed face, it’s adorable haha

 

“Wanna go to the mall tomorrow? Or do you have schedules already?” I swear it’s really hard to hang out with your brother when he’s an idol. Especially when no one knows he has a sister. He always chose not to let the press know of his sisters’ existence because he didn’t want to bother us with crazy fans attacking us or bothering us like the rest of his idol friends tell him the fans treat their siblings. He chose to keep us on the down low.

 

“Tomorrow? Hmmm, can it be Monday instead? I have to go record Weekly idol tomorrow with SHINee”

 

“But Monday is the first day of High School…”

 

“Oh that’s right, we have to start school Monday haha I totally forgot about that. Okay then, how about we finish all our things before 7 on Monday and go watch a movie with YooYoo and Lynn?”

 

“*gasp* Jeongmal Taeminnie??”

 

“Ne, I wanna hang out with my Noona, and bringing along your friends will call for less attention towards me since it’s a group of us. I don’t want to attract any attention to you because of my popularity”

 

“Aww, how sweet. Okay then, Monday it is! I’ll let YooYoo and Lynn know. I’m gonna go eat breakfast and then change to go buy some supplies with the girls. I’ll see you later, rest some more! You look exhausted”

 

“Neee~~”

 

I finished eating breakfast and went to my room to change… Hmmm, what should I wear today? Oh I know!

I put on my outfit and grabbed my black canvas shoes.

canvas shoes

I put a note on the fridge letting Umma and Appa know I ran out early and made my way to YooYoo’s house. It’s not far from my house, just a few blocks down. She told me to meet her half way by the playground. I sat down on the bench and a few minutes later I saw her walking with a Starbucks bag, I guess she stopped by before coming. I love her outfit by the way; it’s adorable!

 

“Annyeong Tay~” When Taemin was little he couldn’t call me Haera. He used to call me Taera, it was somehow easier for him to pronounce it like that hehe since then, everyone that was close to me started calling me Tay. Taemin still calls me Taera to bother me when he’s hyper haha

 

“Annyeong YooYoo. How are you this morning my dear friend?”

 

“Very well my dear” YooYoo and I have a weird thing where we always greet each other in a British accent… Yeah, don’t ask why haha

 

“Here, I brought you some Starbucks. One vanilla bean Frappuccino for my dear lady” She said as she took out the two glasses from the bag. “And one hot chocolate for me ^^”

 

I don’t know how YooYoo can drink hot chocolate at anytime of the day, even if it’s hot. I guess she likes hot chocolate that much haha

 

“Shall we go over to Lynn’s house my dear friend?”

 

“We shall” She locked her arm on my arm and we made our way to Lynn’s house. We were walking and talking when I suddenly bumped into someone and dropped my Frappuccino and bag.

 

“Oh, I’m soo sorry” I said as I bowed. I bent down to pick up my bag. I was about to grab it when the person got it for me. I looked up and saw UKISS’s very own Lee Kiseop.

 

“No, It’s my fault. I didn’t see where I was going,” he said as he handed me my bad. Having a brother as an idol, YooYoo and I weren’t like the rest of the girls who go crazy just by seeing them on TV. We were used to being around and idol so seeing one on the street wasn’t a big deal when it happened.

 

“Ahh, ne. Thank you” I grabbed my bag and started walking again towards Lynn’s house.

 

Kiseop POV

 

I was walking besides Kevin and he was rambling on and on but I didn’t pay attention. Ahh this is so frustrating! How come everyone else has schedules but me? Am I really that invisible in UKISS? How can it be like this every week I mean I should have at least one schedule don’t you think? Gosh how I hate this. Kevin realized I wasn’t paying attention and he pushed me.

 

“Oh, I’m soo sorry” I saw a girl bow down. I guess I bumped into her by accident. I reached for her bag and handed it to her, prepare yourself for some fangirling screams Kiseop…

 

“No, It’s my fault. I didn’t see where I was going”

 

"Ahh, ne. Thank you,” She said as she took her bag and left… She just… Left. No hyperventilating, no fangirling screams, no nothing… I guess I really am invisible in UKISS… Dammit, I better have fangirls screaming my name when I cross those High School gates!

 

Your POV

 

We met up with Lynn and went shopping for school supplies and clothes. We went to the mall, to the office supply store; we went practically everywhere looking for things to start school on Monday. I told them about Taemin’s plan on Monday night and they’re totally stocked! What a great way to start the school year, right? It was around 8pm when we decided to go back home. They came over for a bit and they helped Taemin pick an outfit for Monday, even though he’s an idol, he doesn’t refuse the help of his Noonas haha. We watched a movie together in my room and they left as soon as it finished. I was already in my bed ready to go to sleep when I got a text from YooYoo.

 

From: YooYoo ^^

Hey Tay, I saw Kiseop entering a house a few houses down from yours. I know you guys moved as far away from idols as possible but I guess a new one decided to do the same. Watch out when you and Taemin get out of the house. Good night ^^

 

Kiseop moved to this neighborhood? Oh God, why? Better tell Taemin to watch out when he goes out of the house.

 

To: Tae baby xP

Taeminnie, I just heard from YooYoo that Kiseop moved a few houses down from ours, watch out when you leave the house. Make sure he’s not around. Good night, see you Monday morning since you have schedules tomorrow. Love you  ^^

 

---Monday Morning---

 

“Unnie~~~ Irona~~” I faintly heard little Hani calling me up. She never fails to be my alarm.

 

“Mmmmm five more minutes~~”

 

“Unnie, you’re gonna be late for school~” Darn, I forgot… Where did summer go? Ughh, fine.

 

“Arasseo mom~” I said as I tapped her little nose making her giggle. I went downstairs and called YooYoo and Lynn to make sure they’re awake. Haha little Hani is my alarm and I’m YooYoo and Lynn’s alarm. How funny. As I finished waking up Lynn, I heard sleepy Taemin make his way into the kitchen. Mom and Dad always go out early during the week so they leave breakfast prepared in the morning. Today’s meal was pancakes with eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, and orange juice, banana milk for Taemin of course. We sat down to eat and heard the key lock being opened. I’m guessing it was Hani’s babysitter by the way Hani greeted her.

 

“Good morning kids, ready for your first day of high school?” Mrs. Woo greeted as she entered the kitchen.

 

“Ne~~” Taemin and I answered in unison. We might be a few years a part but sometimes we have some sort of telepathy where we answer exactly the same thing in the exact same way. Hani gets jealous cause it doesn’t happen with her hehe

 

We finished eating breakfast and went upstairs to wash up. I got my outfit ready and entered the shower. I got ready and got out of my room to find Taemin making his way down the stairs. He heard me come out and stopped halfway.

 

“Yeppuda~” He said looking at my outfit.

L

 

“Gomawo~ You look pretty good yourself Mr. Dancing Machine. Your noona’s did a good job haha”

 

 He smiled and we made our way downstairs. I let Taemin leave first since I had to wait for YooYoo and Lynn. Besides the fact we cant be seen together cause of the paparazzi. I grabbed my backpack

and headed towards the playground where the girls and I always meet. I saw YooYoo and Lynn heading my way and I stood up and waved. I stopped waving when I saw Kiseop standing a few feet away from me just… staring. What the freak? Why is he staring? Does he perhaps remember me from Saturday? Nah, no way, an idol like him? Yeah right… I gave him a face and made me way past him towards the girls.

 

“What was that?” YooYoo asked me as I got to them. We had told Lynn about our accident with Kiseop the day it happened so she knew what was up.

 

“Maybe he membered you as the only girl who didn’t fangirl over him” Lynn said.

 

“Nah, I bet he has too much on his mind to even remember what he ate for lunch that day… Let’s go~ We don’t wanna be late”

 

We made our way to the school and were greeted by a bunch of screaming girls around Taemin and Minho. He saw us pass by and waved. I’m surprised he even saw us with all those girls surrounding him.

Minho was a couple grades ahead of us, but he still managed to have a class with Taemin and I. The only class I have with Taemin. We passed by the gates and were shocked to see the majority of the girls scream even louder and ran towards someone entering the school. We turned around to see who it was and it was none other than Lee Kiseop.

 

Kiseop POV

 

I saw that girl I bumped into a few days ago again by my house. I thought she followed me to find out where I lived so I stared at her waiting for her to scream, approach me, or something but no. She have me a face and just walked off…. Does she seriously not know who I am?

 

“Ahhh Oppa!” “Kiseop Oppa!” “Saranghaee~” My eardrums were destroyed by the sound of a bunch of screaming girls making their way towards me. I kinda regret asking for screaming fangirls…

 

“Ah ne~ Hello, Hi, I love you too” I responded as part of fan service. I was waving to the group before me when I spotted that girl I bumped into a few feet away. She was just staring. She didn’t approach or anything. She just stared and giggled off with her friends who seem to not care about my presence either. I squeezed my way through the group of fangirls and called her out.

 

“Hey~ You there!” She stopped giggling and looked at me kinda surprised as I made my way up to her.

 

“Um… We’ll see you in class Tay” Her friends said before walking away leaving her and I alone.

 

“So Tay is your name huh?”

 

“No, my name is Lee Haera. Only my friends call me Tay. And you are…?” Did she just really ask me who I am?

 

“Do you… really not know who I am?”

 

“Just tell me your name and what you want so I can head to class” Well… We got a sassy one over here. Does she really not know who I am?

 

“Kiseop… Lee Kiseop… And what I wanted to say was…. What did I want to say?"

 

“Listen, Lee Kiseop, if you don’t have anything to say then I’ll be excusing myself.”

 

She turned and walked away. She didn’t even ask for an autograph… Does she really not know who I am???

 

Your POV

 

I feel so bad I lied to Kiseop… Well I technically didn’t lie to him right? I didn’t say I didn’t know him. I just asked for his name. I made my way to homeroom and saw Lynn and YooYoo there already. I sat next to them and we were talking until the teacher got there. Everyone was in their seats and the teacher was about to begin teaching when suddenly the door opened. Oh no, really?

 

“Mr. Lee, nice of you to join us. Please take a seat” The teacher told Kiseop. He bowed and took the only seat available…. The seat next to me… Gosh, really?

 

“Hey” He said as he sat down. Is he really speaking to me? I nodded my head in acknowledgment and looked towards the board. Really? Same homeroom?

 

“Okay class, remember where you are sitting today cause that will be your seat for the rest of the year unless I switch you” God really? Why??? “And don’t even think to try and pull a fast one on me cause I have photographic memory, you move one inch from your desk and I’ll know right away” Dammit… I was hoping to switch with YooYoo.

 

“To start off the year we will have a project.”

 

“Awww, really? Why? No way?” The class immediately started whining at the sound of the word project. I didn’t really have a problem with school; I was good at any class without even trying. I get teased a lot cause of that but it doesn’t go beyond the name-calling.

 

“Quiet! I will assign the partners for the project so listen up. This project will be a science project. You will be allowed to choose what you do and how you do it.  The project will be due in a month so I expect amazing projects. I will now call your partners. Jang Yoori and Park Lynn” Nooo my best friends are together! Now I’ll be stuck with some random person…

 

“Lee Sungki and Sung Jerim, Park Chanyeol and Lee Sunghyun, Kevin Woo and Eli Kim” Oh, Kevin and Eli are here too? I never noticed. Great, more idols…

 

“And Lee Kiseop and Lee Haera” WHAT?? Great just great. I turned to see Kiseop and he had a grin plastered on his face, as if he was looking forward to this….. A month with Lee Kiseop? How spectacular…. What an awesome way to start the year…