Shopping

Days With Him

 

"Ready Gonchan?"
 
Gongchan slipped on his new shoes with velcro straps before joining his Jinnie hyung by the doorway.
 
"I'm ready Jinnie hyung!"
 
He grabbed Jinyoung's hand and let himself be pulled out the door. "So what are we gonna do again?" Gongchan asked as Jinyoung locked the now fixed front door.
 
"We," Jinyoung tugged Gongchan's hand, "Are going to go shopping. We need some groceries and you can't wear my clothes forever."
 
Gongchan whined.
 
"But I like smelling like Jinnie hyung! Jinnie hyung smells nice!"
 
Jinyoung chuckled before patting his younger, puppy-like, companion on the head. "You still need your own clothes. Mir has his own clothes. He has his own clothes because Joon wanted to find a style that suited Mir. Now we're gonna go buy some clothes that are your style."
 
Gonchan pouted.
 
"But I still wanna smell like Jinnie hyung..."
 
"We can get your clothes to smell like mine." Jinyoung reassured, "Know how I can do that?"
 
This made Gongchan curious and he nodded his head excitedly. "Tell me Jinnie hyung! Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with strawberries on top? Pretty please with strawberries and puppies?"
 
Jinyoung turned slightly pink.
 
Begging was Gonchan's new thing. Ever since he learned how to beg from Sandeul, Gongchan used it. Jinyoung wasn't even sure the boy was aware he was doing it.
 
It seemed to just come naturally.
 
Jinyoung looked at the Gongchan's puppy dog eyes and sighed.
 
This was going to be a loooooooong day...
 
***
 
"How about this?" Jinyoung asked as he held up a white knit sweater with pink stripes and a black bunny face on the side.
 
Gongchan popped out from behind a clothes rack. "Can we get this one too Jinnie hyung?" he asked while waving a jacket in the air.
 
Jinyoung walked over and took a closer look. It was an orange jacket with black stripes like a tiger's and the hood had kitty-like ears. "Try it on." he ushered. Jinyoung watched as Gongchan got his right arm in one of the sleeves and began spinning in circles, trying to grab the other sleeve, making Jinyoung smile.
 
"Come here silly."
 
Gongchan did as he was told and stood in front of Jinyoung.
 
Jinyoung leaned closer and reached around Gongchan to grab the other sleeve of the jacket. Then he grabbed Gongchan's arm and helped him put the rest of the jacket on and slipped the hood on his head.
 
He stepped back and looked at Gongchan, whose cheeks were tinted a light pink. Jinyoung questioned why. Did he do something? May he wasn't feeling well.
 
"Jinnie hyung?"
 
Jinyoung looked back at Gongchan and smiled. "It looks great on you Gongchan. Come on, lets go pay for it." he said as he grabbed Gongchan's hand and began pulling him to a cash register.
 
Now Gongchan began thinking, mostly about his Jinnie hyung, but still thinking.
 
Gongchan didn't get to think for long because Jinyoung stopped, causing him to run into the older. "Oww..." Gongchan said as he rubbed his nose.
 
Jinyoung turned around.
 
"Ah sorry Gongchan." he apologized, "Hey, do you want to wear the jacket out of the store?"
 
Gongchan nodded his head and Jinyoung turned back to the cashier. "He would like to wear this out so can you just scan it?" The cashier nodded and scanned the price tag on one of the ears on the hood. The beeping noise it made shocked Gongchan and made him grab onto Jinyoung's sleeve in surprise.
 
"Aww you two are so cute together. What's his name? Is he your boyfriend?" the cashier asked.
 
"His names is Gongchan, and sorry," Jinyoung looked at the cashier's name tag "Uh Key, but Gongchan isn't my boyfriend."
 
Gongchan looked at Jinyoung confused.
 
"But Jinnie hyung, I thought I was a boy? And I thought we were friends? Doesn't that make me your boy friend?"
 
Jinyoung face palmed before trying to explain he difference between a boy friend and a boyfriend. After the explanation, Gongchan was still confused. "But I really REALLY like Jinnie hyung! So can I be Jinnie hyung's boyfriend?"
 
Key squealed while Jinyoung face palmed himself again.
 
"Omo! He is so cute!" Key exclaimed while taking pictures of Gongchan, who was standing there, still deep in thought about everything that was going on.
 
He was snapped out of his thoughts when Key walked around the counter, in front of him.
 
"Your name is Gongchan right?" Gongchan nodded. "Well you can call me Key Umma, okay?"
 
Gongchan just stared.
 
Jinyoung sighed before paying for all of Gongchan's new clothes. He turned around to grab the confused boy and began pulling him out of the store.
 
"Hey wait!"
 
Jinyoung turned around and saw the feline-like cashier rushing towards them. He handed Jinyoung a card. "Listen, if you ever need someone to watch him, I have a babysitting service for older kids."
 
About to question how Key knew of his babysitting situation, Jinyoung was cut off as he was pushed out of the store with Gongchan in tow. "And if you ever want to buy more clothes, come back here! I'll give you guys a discount!"
 
Key waved goodbye at the two as they walked away from the store. Gongchan turned around and waved with both hands. "Bye bye Key Umma!"
 
Jinyoung sighed. This is so not how he thought shopping for clothes would go.
 
***
 
"Go faster Jinnie hyung!" Gongchan exclaimed happily from inside a shopping cart.
 
After buying new clothes and meeting that weird cashier, Jinyoung and Gongchan made their way back home, making a quick stop at the grocery store. They were out of a lot of things so it was a good time to sock up. On the way in, Gongchan saw a child being pushed in a cart and he begged for Jinyoung to let him ride in one.
 
Unable to say no, Jinyoung helped Gongchan into a shopping cart. And this brings us to now, where Jinyoung is pushing Gongchan down a random isle.
 
"Okay. So we need to get eggs, butter, cheese, noodles, bread, jam, peanut butter, cereal, mil-"
 
"MILK!" Gongchan yelled while throwing his arms in the air.
 
Jinyoung nodded. "Yes milk. Strawberries, bananas, ice cream, and many many other things. Good thing the house isn't too far away." he mumbled the last part to himself.
 
He walked down each isle and grabbed the things he needed, milk first because Gongchan wouldn't stop asking when they would go get it. Jinyoung strolled down the cereal isle and turned to Gongchan. "Okay, they are out of the cereal we normally eat so we're gonna get a different one."
 
Gongchan raised his hands excitedly.
 
"Lemme pick Jinnie hyung!"
 
Jinyoung chuckled before reaching over the side and lifting Gongchan out of the cart. Gongchan immediately ran up and down the isle, coming back a minute later with a super colorful box of cereal. "Let's try this one!" he said as he tried to hop back in the shopping cart.
 
After that, Gongchan didn't let go of the box. He firmly held it to his chest as if he were afraid it would be taken away.
 
Walking down a couple more isles, Jinyoung figured he was good for now and went to go pay. He put everything on the conveyor belt thing and Gongchan watched as the items moved toward the cashier and gasped when the man tried to take his box of cereal.
 
"No! Mine!!!" he yelled before hugging the box tighter.
 
The cashier tapped on Jinyoung's shoulder and made him look up from his wallet.
 
"Excuse me, sir, I need to scan that box of cereal the boy's holding but he won't let me."
 
Jinyoung looked back at Gongchan, whose body was now in a ball form, covering most of the box. He leaned closer to Gongchan and tried to tell him that he could have the box back as soon as the cashier scanned it but Gongchan only shook his head.
 
"Umm... I'll let you have milk whenever you want?" Jinyoung offered.
 
Gongchan shook his head.
 
"I'll let you play with the rubber ducky outside of bath time?"
 
He shook his head again.
 
"I'll ask Mir to come over."
 
Gongchan hesitated a bit and shook his head.
 
Jinyoung ruffled his hair in frustration. "What DO you want then?"
 
Gongchan looked up and opened his mouth before closing it again and biting his lip. Jinyoung didn't fail to notice the pink tint on the boy's cheeks and tilted his head in confusion. Was Gongchan....blushing? Why? Was it something embarrassing?
 
"I...I......."
 
Jinyoung snapped out of his trance and looked back to the blushing boy. "I....I want...a hug.....from Jinnie hyung............................."
 
Silence.
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
Was that it?
 
Jinyoung gave Gongchan a smile and hugged the younger boy. "What was so hard about asking for a hug Gongchan? You know I would give you one if you asked."
 
Honestly, Gongchan didn't know. He didn't know why it was so hard to ask for a simple hug, nor why his face felt hot while doing it. Gongchan watched as Jinyoung payed for his box of cereal before looking at his hand and wondering.
 
What was wrong with him?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~No AN today~
 
^    ^
=(O u O)=
(___)