Run Away

Days With Him

 

Gongchan frowned as he looked at the closed lab door.

Ever since the day at Key's house, Jinyoung had been avoiding the younger boy like he had some sort of contagious virus. He even went as far to lock himself in his lab for the past week.

"Jinnie hyung?" Gongchan called out as he knocked softly on the door, "Do you wanna play now?"

Shuffling noises were heard.

"No, Gongchan; I can't play right now. Go take a nap. You haven't taken one today, right?" Jinyoung's muffled voice came.

Taking a step back, Gongchan tried to hold back the tears in his eyes. Did Jinyoung not like Gongchan anymore? With quick steps, he ran out of the living room and up the stairs.

He burst into Jinyoung's room; the elder hadn't slept in here for the whole week. Every morning, Gongchan would wake up and find him sleeping on the living room couch.

Gongchan didn't understand. 

What did he do wrong?

The young boy couldn't think of an answer as he threw his body onto the bed and proceeded to cry his little heart out. "J-Jinnie hy-hyuuuuung!" he wailed.

Gongchan wanted nothing more than to know why his favoritest hyung was mad at him.

Well, maybe a hug would've been nice right about then, but yeah.

Gongchan cried for nearly an hour. By them, most of his tears had dried up or been absorbed into the mattress.

Sniffling, Gongchan sat up.

Fine!

If his Jinnie hyung didn't want him around, then he would leave!

Gongchan grabbed one of his backpacks and stuffed it with clothes, his puppy plush, and his pink ducky.

He found an oversized camouflage jacket and threw it on before grabbing his bag and running down the stairs. The last stepped seemed to dissapear and the young boy soon found himself face first on the floor.

"Owwie..." Gongchan whined.

After the pain in his chest subsided, Gongchan crawled all the way to the front enterance and put on some new boots that Jinyoung had bought him.

At the thought of the older boy, Gongchan turned to look longingly at the lab doors once more.

"Bye bye, Jinnie hyung..."

Gongchan faced forward and ran through the door, out into the world.

 

⭐💖⭐

 

Jinyoung sighed.

He stared at his locked laboratory doors that Gongchan had been behind just moments ago.

Ever since that kiss, Jinyoung's head was constantly spinning. He didn't know what to do. What could he do? Jinyoung had never thought of Gongchan in a romanitc way. The younger was more like a little brother.

In age, Jinyoung was probably only a few years older than Gongchan. In terms of mentality, now that was a different story.

Gongchan acted like a preschooler, and how could a prescholer even know what love is?

Kissing Gongchan was like kissing a child!

Wait. 

Does that male Jinyoung a e? 

No, of course not!

But that kiss...

It was magical...

Huh?

Stop that!

Jinyoung ruffled his hair in frustration and yelled into a pillow.

See?!

No matter where he started, he always came back to the kiss!

It was one big loop! It went on and on like a tape that never ran out of footage!

This was why Jinyoung locked himself up. He couldn't let Gongchan see him like this; on the brink of madness.

The kiss made him think about his feelings towards the younger boy.

Did he only see the younger in a sibling sort of way? "I don't understand..." Jinyoung sighed and placed his head in his hands.

 

⭐💖⭐

 

Jinyoung blinked once.

Then twice.

Finally, he sat up.

The room was dark. He must have fallen asleep after all the contemplation he did.

Falling back onto the uncomfortable couch in his lab, Jinyoung thought about the dream he just had. It must have had to do with the past week of avoiding Gongchan.

In his dream, he saw Gongchan crying all alone in the dark.

Maybe he should spend some time with the teen.

He must be so lonely... and the cheerful young boy didn't deserve that.

Jinyoung nodded.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow, him and Gongchan would spend the whole day together, no matter how confused he was. A small smile spead across his face at the thought of making the puppy boy happy.

Speaking of the puppy boy, Jinyoung should go check on him.

Just because he was avoiding Gongchan doesn't mean that he didn't care. He always made sure Gongchan ate three times a day, and tonight he forgot about dinner so it was very likely that the younger would wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

Standing up, Jinyoung stretched a little before exiting his lab.

He should make a late night snack.

Deciding it would be best to check on Gongchan first, Jinyoung went up the stairs to his room. He hesitated before finally grabbing the doorknob and slowly pushing the door open.

"Channie?" Jinyoung called the teen's nickname softly.

When there was no answer, Jinyoung entered his room under the assumption that Gongchan was asleep. Or maybe the younger was mad at him for avoiding him all week.

Sighing, Jinyoung sat on the edge of his bed.

It was now or never.

"Hey, Channie," he began, "I'm sorry for ignoring you these past couple of days. Hyung has just been really confused lately. So to make it up to you, how about we spend all of tomorrow together. Just you and me. A Channie and Jinnie hyung day. How does that sound?"

When the was no response, Jinyoung guessed the teen really was sleeping. 

Without turning around, Jinyoung lifted his hand to shake the boy awake, but when he couldn't feel Gongchan's body under the blanket his head whipped around in confusion.

"Gongchan?" he called out while patting the bed for any signs of the boy.

His panic grew when he couldn't feel anything. It was then he realized the bed was cold.

Jinyoung shot off the bed and began frantically searching his room for the puppy boy.

After no success, Jinyoung began running around the house. He searched high and low, but there was no trace of Gongchan anywhere.

It wasn't long before he ended up in his room again. Jinyoung took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

There had to be a clue to where Gongchan was if he looked hard enough.

Jinyoung began searching for anything that out of place; he came up with a short list.

1) a couple of Gongchan's clothes,

2) the puppy plush Jinyoung bought him,

3) Gongchan's pink tub ducky,

4) his camouflage jacket,

5) and a backpack.

"It couldn't be..." Jinyoung rushed down the stairs and dropped to his knees when he saw the new pair of boots he had bought Gongchan were gone.

Maybe he hadn't gotten far!

Jinyoung slipped on a pair of his old sneakers and ran out the front door screaming Gongchan's name.

Who cares if he woke up the whole neighborhood?

If it meant that Gongchan could hear him, then nothung mattered.

When Jinyoung rached the end of the steeet and there was still no sign of the teen, he dropped the the ground and punched the asphalt.

"Damn it!" he yelled. The pain in his fist felt dull, like all the nerves in his body were numbed.

This was his fault!

This was all his fault!

He was the reason Gongchan left.

Gongchan was gone.

Jinyoung let out a pained scream into the night.

 

 

 

⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐

Hi everyone.

It's been a while, right?

Sorry I didn't come back with fluff.

But I decided that every good fluffy relationship has an angsty moment at some point.

That makes the fluff that much fluffier!

I hope you guys don't hate me now.

Because of the angst...

And my lack of updates over the past couple of months...

I'll be more likely to update this story more often.

I just can't write anything for my EXO kids story right now. 

I'm hoping that if I continue this story, I can get back into my fluff mojo.

I thank those who even read this story. 

You guys are awesome subbies. 

Thank you for understanding.

Also...

Please COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!

I really need your feedback. 

Thanks again.

💙💚💛💜💖💗💟