Name

Days With Him

 

Jinyoung, Sandeul, Baro, and CNU watched as the boy, now wearing an oversized white shirt and underwear provided by Jinyoung, walked around Jinyoung's living room. He stared at everything and seemed like he wanted to touch things but didn't.
 
"So... What do we do?" Baro asked, breaking the silence.
 
CNU saw the boy trying to eat a pillow and gently pulled it away from him before answering, "Well Jinyoung created this boy so he should be the one to take care of him, right?" Baro and Sandeul thought about it before nodding in agreement.
 
"WHAT?!" Jinyoung yelled, "Why do I have to take care of him?!"
 
Sandeul looked at him before taking away a notebook the boy was ripping pages out of. "Isn't it obvious hyung?" he answered without looking at him. Jinyoung slapped his forhead and let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, fine. But I have my college classes from time to time so you guys have to agree to babysit him."
 
The three other boys looked among themselves and nodded. It was a fair deal.
 
"So does he have a name?" Sandeul asked, tired of reffering the boy as 'he' or 'him'.
 
Jinyoung looked at the boy who was currently looking back at him with his big puppy-like eyes. A bunch of names came to mind, most of them being dog names, but none of them seemed to suit the boy. Turning hishead to the side, Jinyoung's eyes caught sight of a name in an old newspaper he had lying around.
 
"How about Gongchan?"
 
Everyone thought about it and the name seemed to fit nicely.
 
Jinyoung walked over to the boy who was staring at the ceiling fan and snapped his fingers to get the boy's attention. Said boy looked up at him and Jinyoung tried to smile as he talked. "Hey there." The boy stared at him, "My name is Jinyoung. Call me Jinyoung hyung. Your name is going to be Gongchan okay?"
 
The boy tilted his head to the side.
 
Then he tilted it the other way.
 
"Gong... chan?"
 
Sandeul squealed. "He said his first word!" Baro rolled his eyes and CNU laughed at their friend's simplicity. "Okay okay, we get it you silly duck." Baro sighed as he patted his friend on the back.
 
Jinyoung, on the other hand, was in his own little world. The boy's voice was so melodic and it had a certain charm that he couldn't place. He snapped out of his trance when Gongchan tugged on his pants. Jinyoung looked down at him and Gongchan opened his mouth to say something else.
 
"Jin...nie hyung."
 
Another squeal escaped Sandeul's mouth. "Aww he is so cute! He gave Jinyoung hyung a nickname!!!" He crawled over to where Gongchan was sitting. "Can you say Sandeul hyung?" he asked hopefully.
 
Gongchan stared at him before furrowing his brows in concentration and opening his mouth again.
 
"Sa-san...d-d-duck!"
 
The room went completely silent before errupting into laughter.
 
Baro rolled off the couch to the floor as CNU tried to hide his laughter behind his hands, his eyes cresents. Jinyoung chuckled and patted Gongchan on his head, the boy smiling, thinking he did something right.
 
Sandeul blushed a bright red.
 
"Come on guys! Stop laughing!!! It wasn't that funny..." he said embarrassed. Baro rolled over to him and draped an arm over his shoulder. "Whatever you say, 'Duck'ie hyung."
 
The room burst into even more laughter as Sandeul slapped Baro's arm off him. He got up and walked over to the front door and opened it before turning around. "You guys are all JERKS!!!" Sandeul angrily yelled before slamming the door shut.
 
CNU wiped some of the tears out of his eyes before nudging Baro. "Okay, time to go get him. Who knows what would happen if he walked around alone. He could get lost."
 
Baro got up and pulled down his shirt. "Speak for yourself hyung." He was right. CNU had a terrible sense of direction. Even if you put a map in his hands, he would only take about five steps from his original place before going back to look at the map again.
 
"You're never gonna let that go, are you?" CNU asked as he put on his shoes. Baro grinned. "Nope." Then he went through the door, leaving it for CNU to close.
 
Jinyoung sighed as his house was finally quiet. He walked over to the couch and sat on it before closing his eyes.
 
They opened again when he felt a tug on his pants again.
 
Gongchan was staring at him.
 
Jinyoung raised an eyebrow before saying something.
 
"Hey Gongchan?"
 
Said boy tilted his head.
 
"Say my name again."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~
 
Story finally posted!!!
 
Not sure what to say since this is the first author's note.
 
So...well...comment on what you think so far.
 
Thanks for reading!