The Boy

Days With Him

Jinyoung ruffled his hair in frustration.

Another failed experiment.

Suddenly there was a knocking ar the door and before he could open it, three other people came in to his laboratory.

"Sup Hyung? So didja do it?" the shortest one asked.

Jinyoung gave him a 'does it look like it?' look before turning back to his equations.

 Where could he have gone wrong?

All his calculations were flawless. There were no errors. What was he missing...

"Jinyoung hyung, don't ignore us!"

"Deullie shush! Don't you see Hyung is busy thinking? If you bother him then you'll get wrinkles on your forhead as well." the short one teased.

Sandeul gasped.

"Shhh Baro! He's glaring at us!!!"

Baro looked up and sure enough, Jinyoung was giving him a glare as cold as ice. Sandeul and Baro then proceeded to hide behind the third person who came in along with them.

CNU chuckled.

"Ah that's right. We actually came here to give you this." he tossed a bottle to Jinyoung, "It's a little something to cheer you up. Don't worry, you'll get it soon. And I reccomend you don't drink that."
 
Jinyoung looked at the clear bottle full of bright blue liquid now in his hands.

Turning it to the side, he looked at a small lable. "Contents secret." He gave CNU a weird look.

"So where exactly did you get this?" Jinyoung asked.

CNU looked at Sandeul who looked at Baro who looked at Jinyoung and answered, "From a creepy guy at the carnival I went to yesterday. I think you're supposed to drink it but just to be safe, I really think you shouldn't. Unless you trust strange people from canivals that is."

Jinyoung stared at him bewildered.

"So some strange guy just gave you this and you decided to give it to me."

Baro nodded.

Silence encased the room.

"Get out."

Baro tilted his head. "What?"

"Get out." Jinyoung repeated, "I don't have time for these silly things."

Sandeul and Baro frowned while CNU smiled before leading the two troubemakers out of the room.

Jinyoung stared at the door before looking around his perfectly white lab, shelves filled with colorful chemicals and ingredients. Cracking his neck, he walked over to the shelves before grabbing everything he needed. He decided to try his experiment one more time for the day. Deciding to deal with the strange liquid later, he left it on the counter and continued on.

He poured and added chemicals and ingredients into a small pot that simmered over a stove. The thick liquid turned pink and smoke stopped appearing. Jinyoung only needed to add the final chemical to his experiment, which he left on the counter. Without looking, he reached next to him, grabbed a bottle, and immediately poured it in.

His eyes widened when he saw the blue liquid come out instead of a green one and immediately stopped pouring in order to try and save his concoction, but to no avail as the pink liquid began smoking again, filling the room in white and pink smoke. Jinyoung immediately closed his eyes and covered his mouth, not sure if the smoke could in any way harm him.

Backing up to the wall, he slowly stood up and blindly felt around for the ventilation switch to get rid of the smoke.

Once he found it, he immediately flipped the switch and a minute or two later the smoke cleared up. Jinyoung looked around his lab. Everything looked completely fine. He glanced at the pot and saw it was completely empty of its previous contents. Sighing, he scratched the back of his head and slowly shook it, dissapointment clear in his face.

"Another failiure." he muttered.

Jinyoung headed for the door to exit his lab when he heard something move.

He stayed still for a bit and heard another noise. "Hello?" he called out. When he didn't hear an answer, he slowly walked over to his lab table and cautiously peered around it.

Jinyoung's eyes widened twice their size.

Sitting on the ground, was a confused black-haired teenage boy.

And to make things worse, he was .