I'm Tao.

Marry him? No thank you!

 

#########
"WATCH OUT!!" I heard a voice shouted. I turned around and a huge bear was towering me. I screamed and I felt my body froze as the bear lifted its paw up. This scene.... A memory flashed. A wolf... A very very huge one... Omona... 
"Curses!" A tall male ran towards me and scooped me up before the bear got me first. He jumped up the tree and placed me down. My mind was messed up. My breathing became frantic as well. What was that?! What on earth was I imagining?!! 
"Are you ok?" He asked in a weird tone. He had large eyebags and red hair. His left hand was holding onto me tightly. I was tugging and loosening my shirt so that I could breathe easier. I could see the bear circling the tree. My body was shaking. The tree was quite high up and it scared me a little to be on top of it.
"Wow!! Why're you taking off your shirt?" He asked me. I gave him the 'what' look.
"I'm not. It's hard to breathe after having such a close encounter with a bear!! Who are you anyways?!" I snapped and held the branch for more support. His hand still on me.
"Me? I'm Tao," he replied in his odd way of speaking.
"You're not Korean, are you? You're also not human, right? Are you a vampire too?" I asked when I remembered he jumped such a tall height with me in his arms. He scoffed.
"I'm not a vampire although I look like one. I'm not Korean too. You can hear it by the way I speak, right? I'm quite human compared to vampires," he answered with an unsatisfied tone. I giggled and relaxed a little. He seemed childish actually.
"Then, what are you?"
"Something and someone who has been around you for years." I looked at him. Or studied his looks more. Been around me for years? I would have noticed if he was following me around but his face was new to me. 
"Don't joke around. How could you be following me without me knowing?" The bear gave up and walked away. I sighed in relief when I noticed it walking away.
"I don't lie," he whispered into my ear. It tickled and I was tempted to push him away but I was afraid I fall if I did so.
"D-don't do that!!" I snarled and hit his arm softly. He gave off a small laugh.
"Lets go down, ok? Hold on tight," he said while carrying me up again. I squealed a little when he jumped down. The same sensation when Daehyun jumped down tingled in my body except I felt more scared. When he landed, I could feel even my toes trembling. It felt as though Daehyun gave a more secure feeling to me. He put me down.
"Ooh... That was scary. Oh yeah! I'm Luna, by the way. Sorry for being quite rude to you earlier," I apologized and bowed a little. 
"Ah!" He bowed too to my surprise. 
"Why're you bowing too?" I laughed. He looked surprised.
"I thought I was supposed to reply with a bow too. Is it wrong?" He looked almost too childish at that moment. 
"No, it isn't but I was apologizing. You didn't have to bow too." 
"Is that so?" He looked like he was thinking hard about it so I just laughed and gave him a pat on his head. My hand reacted on its own. I didn't know why either but I could see his expression. He was blushing with wide eyes. I gulped.
"Ah... Sorry. I just did that on impulse. You're red."
"I-it's ok," his ok Korean became terrible suddenly. His words became a mess. "I d-didn't hate it..."
"Luna?" I heard Himchan's voice. He popped out one second later and by the time I realized, Tao was already gone too.
"Huh? What? Where? Himchan?" Words just slipped out and I stood there stunned for a while.
"What's wrong? You look.... Flustered? Did something happen?" He asked with care. I gaped, not knowing how to reply.
"Uh... I was... Just. Saved," I said stupidly. He cocked his head.
"Saved? Haha. What're you saying?"
"I was attacked by a bear just now!!" I said it clearly this time. His facial expressions paled. Suddenly he was inspecting me.
"Y-you're not hurt, are you?"
"No. Like I said, I was saved." He held my arms.
"By who?"
"He... He called himself Tao." Himchan's face relaxed.
"Is that so? So, he means what he say." Eh? Himchan knows Tao?!
"You know him?! Tell me more about him!! I didn't get to ask him much because he suddenly disappeared when you came." Himchan was surprised my sudden request.
"I... I don't know him well. He's not human, that's for sure. He says he isn't here to harm anyone but protecting you instead. That's about it."
"WHAT IS HE?!" My voice raised a few tones higher unexpectedly. "Oops. Sorry, Himchan... I don't know why I raised my voice."
"It's ok. He's... He's a werewolf."
+++++++++++++
[No one's POV]
"It's so lonely sometimes...," the tall male muttered in mandarin.
"I'll be here tonight. Don't worry," a brown dyed hair boy said in mandarin while landing swiftly on the tree branch.
"Oh?! Lay gege!!!" The tall male hugged his gege and let go quickly too. "Did Luhan gege send you here?"
"Yeah. He said you looked really bored nowadays so I volunteered to come actually. Here." Lay handed a jacket to Tao.
"En? Thank you, gege. Not that I feel cold much but to come all the way here. I'm touched!!!" Tao wailed. 
"Now... Now. I didn't come here to see you cry," Lay said while smiling. "I wanted to see how she looked like too since Luhan gege said he will be inviting her over for vacation tomorrow."
"Eh?! He is?!! Why didn't he tell me? I have to report to him now. Can you look after her first, gege? I'll be back soon."
"Sure. Go ahead." 
"Thank you so much!!!" With that, Tao quickly changed into his wolf form. His red silky fur emerged. His fangs appeared. A fluffy tail as well. He made a soft howl before running off. Lay smiled, looking at the sleeping Luna. He saw someone glaring at him but continued to observe Luna.
It took only 30 minutes for Tao to reach their main headquarters. That's what Tao like to call it. He turned back human before going in with his spare key. He was greeted by his other gege's' or didi's'. He replied them before finding for Luhan. As usual, Luhan would be at the balcony admiring the stars with Sehun, a younger male.
"Gege!! I'm here!! Yo, Sehun," Tao announced in Korean. Luhan and Sehun turned to him and they both greeted him too.
"I'll take my leave here," Sehun said and left. The younger male knew they always talked in secret and although he wanted to know what they talked about very badly, he still stopped himself in respect for his hyungs.
"What happened today?" Luhan asked in Mandarin.
"They went out hunting. Luna was attacked by a bear... So... I saved her. Other than that, everything else was as usual. No one knew about it." Luhan's eyes widened twice its size. It was really scary to Tao when his gege got angry especially when it was about Luna. 
"Attacked, you say? Where were those guys?" A low growl escaped from Luhan's throat causing Tao to gulp.
"They were hunting. L-Luna didn't shout that loud. I think that's why none of them noticed. I did save her. She's not hurt or anything." Luhan's eyes glowed slightly golden. Tao recognized those eyes. They were Luhan's wolf eyes.
"At least she's not hurt. Thank you for taking care of her again. Everyday." Luhan smiled but Tao couldn't make it out if that smile was of relief or just a false smile. 
"I shall go back now. Lay gege is waiting."
"Yeah. Sure. See you tomorrow at 1 at their house, ok?"
"Ok!" Tao quickly resumed his wolf form and ran back to the house. When he got there, Lay was just staring into space.
"I'm back, gege." 
"Welcome back. How'd it go?"
"I hope fine is a suitable word for it," Tao sighed. They knew what happened when Luhan gets angry. Lay chuckled and smiled.
"True."
 
$$$$$$$$$$
A/N : Gah~ Finally update~ sorry I was quite concentrated on my other story >< and I don't get much time to write too. It's already 12.44 am although I'm posting it at a diff time >< hope you enjoyed this slightly long chapter~~