VII - Number 88

Treacherous

Jiyong P.O.V

 

I. AM. POSITIVELY. ABSOLUTELY. ANNOYINGLY. EXHAUSTED.

 

 

Not only did I dance that hip-swaying thing and some horse-tripping (I can't believe people invented that body-abusing dance) for about two darn hours just to give out flyers, but also, I attracted a lot of unfortunate events.

But let's start with the first branch I attended to.

As I was tasked of wearing a silly costume, I knew everybody on the streets, especially students from a university, will switch their attention to me as they would pass by. Who would even miss that huge-head guy (apparently called PSY, maybe because he was a psycho) dancing like an idiot?!

At first, I thought it was okay. As long as my face (now I realized, the mirror of my entire soul) is covered, there will be no problem. But as a complete failure like Kwon Jiyong, I caught the attention of a kid who has obviously some issues with mascots.

 

"Hey PSY! I didn't know you dance that ugly in person!", the kid shouted.

 

Is he talking to me?

 

"Hey! Can't you hear me?!"

 

Yep. He is talking to me.

I tried kneeling down to approach him nicely but he kept his frown.

 

"Hate to break it with you bro but, I'm not Psy."

 

I didn't expect that the kid would actually produce a boisterous cry for what I said. He just did it so sudden that I can't help but to freak out. This kid right here made honesty a crime! Jeez.

 

 

He kept on shouting "Mommy! He's a liar!!!!" to everyone and I can already hear whispers how bad I actually treat kids. What the heck?! I deal with Jiwon every day and God knows how much patience I have for that kid! They can't just judge me with this devil right here!

 

"Hey! Kid! I'm a mascot! See?", I tried to hush him down as I knocked my huge head to prove I'm not actually lying.

 

But with no luck, he didn't even dare to hear me out. The good thing was his momma wasn't around. But my nightmare started when he pulled out my huge head and threw it on the streets. I was mortified as my identity has been revealed to numerous students watching us like there's a blockbuster movie or something.

The kid then snatched all the flyers I have left and tore them out like he's tearing down his F- math test. I think I almost fainted just by realizing that I CANNOT UNDO EVERYTHING that is happening right in front of my eyes. THAT 4-FEET WOMAN WILL KILL ME TO SHREDS!

 

"This is for you, you liar! Mascots should be in character! YOU WERE PSY! YOU WERE PSY!"

 

That's it. This kid has loose screws and I'm already thinking this might be Choi Seunghyun's long lost brother. I was just wearing the ing costume! How can he make a big deal out of that?!

I didn't imagine I would lose a temper this easy to a mere kid.

 

"HEY! THAT'S BAD, OKAY?! TEARING OTHER PEOPLE'S PAPERS IS BAD! GO HOME YOU LITTLE DEVIL!"

 

I then gave him one loud smack on his .

Heck I didn't care if the people started shooting judgmental accusations at me. Back when I was a gradeschooler, our teachers used to smack us on our hands for doing such bad things. Kids nowadays never got the same treatment which was kind of unfair of course but other than that, I knew they were growing up like spoiled brats. This kid right here just deserves to be smacked!

I was about to go inside the boutique when the 4-feet woman rushed outside. She was panicking as she went to the crying kid, asking him what was the problem.

 

"THAT MAN SLAPPED ME ON MY , OMMA!"

 

W--w-what?

OMMA?!

 

She then threw her murderous glares at me as she stood up. WHAT THE HECK?! I should have known that they were related since they both got such a temper!

I tried calming her down by raising my hands in front me, guarding to whatever she might do to my pitiful body.

 

"I....I was just...c'mon, I didn't mean to---"

 

"You better get the hell out of here right now, or I'll kick your , you monster!"

 

Okay. That was my cue. I ran back inside the boutique to take off this horrible costume and without even thinking twice, I then sprinted out of the place.

The good thing was I already finished my inspection in that branch, which made it easier for me to go. But the ing bad thing was..... I didn't know people stil carry tomatoes in their pockets. I was just surprised when they all threw it at me as I tried escaping for my dear life. I didn't even dare to look back at those crazy people and I swear, I think I won't last that long to conduct ANOTHER MONTHLY INSPECTION there.

I realized I spent too much time on the first shop that it's nearly getting late. Bless that kid and her 4-feet mom who's still haunting me with her signature flaring nose.

So I decided to quicken my pace, without even bothering the huge attention I get from strangers because of my pungent smell. I also prayed that the managers in my remaining list of boutiques won't be as bad as that dwarf mom. Fortunately, by the power of the heavens above, I finished inspecting over the next three shops until I have one more left to mark on my list.

But first, I tried smelling myself first. EEK. The juice on my shirt is getting worse!

I was breathing heavily as I got to my last destination, smelling like a truck of spoiled produce. Ugh.

 

"We're sorry but beggars are absolutely NOT ALLOWED INSIDE."

 

I thought the lady was not pertaining to me when I noticed she was raising her thinly-shaved eyebrow right straight to my face.

 

"I'm sorry?"

 

"You heard me. Get out!"

 

"No, no! I'm here for a monthly inspection! See?", I convinced her as I handed her my stained folder.

 

She flipped the pages in a split second and threw it back to me.

 

"You can't walk around looking like that. I'll get some clothes for you."

 

Wow, some hospitality at last! I was so psyched to see what kind of clothes she'll actually get for me. Hell I was in a branded boutique shop and I can't even get some decent clothes?! I should have at least a ragged shirt from them, right? Uhuh, Kwon Jiyong's like a boss here fellas!

I guess my excitement dropped to negative one when she came out bringing out some white and black stripes, buttoned shirt with matching baggy shorts. Is she kidding me?! That looks exactly like what criminals wear these days! Plus, I saw a number 88 plastered in front of that hideous shirt.

I am not a fashionista nor a picky person but heck! I'm not that dumb!

 

"I can't walk around outside wearing ex-convict clothes.", I told her in as a-matter-of-fact tone.

 

But instead of defending herself, she raised her sharp brows on me again and I knew I can't win over her. Erm...who knows? Maybe criminals are the trend-setter these days.

 

 

After changing with it, I actually felt more comfortable. Maybe because it was made out of cotton or anything soft and cuddly. But hell, that was just my positive side kicking in.

I was busy going over my list when a group serious-looking men came inside.

 

The lady in-charge jumped from her position and quickly attended to the visitors. "Omo. What can we do for you, sir??"

 

"We're looking for inmate number 88. He escaped from prison two days ago and our sources told us he went somewhere in this area."

 

A missing inmate? Oh, they might be cops then.

But why the heck would they even look inside a boutique shop? It's not like that missing inmate would take time in shopping for branded clothes while his life is in deep danger. Want some logic, you dimwit cops?

 

"May we look around?", the old guy asked.

 

"Sure! Of course!"

 

I didn't just bother them. I went on to finishing my list and the sound of freedom is actually ringing to my ears now. Sigh

Heck at last I would be free from work!

 

"Excuse me."

 

I almost got terrified by the deep voice close to me. When i looked back, I saw the group of cops eyeing me like I'm their prey or something.

 

"Is there anything...wrong?", I asked them.

 

 

But he didn't answer me. They all nodded accordingly and the old guy (I'm guessing that's their leader) grabbed a handcuff from his pocket and locked my wrist with it.

WHAT. THE. HECK. IS. GOING. ON. HERE!?

 

"Wait! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I didn't do anything wrong!"

 

"Oh yeah? You fool! Then why are you wearing inmate number 88's uniform?!"

 

I was beyond dumbfounded. I almost don't want to look at my shirt but I didn't have a choice. And right there, the ing number 88 was smiling at me like 'WELCOME TO JAIL'.

 

"You're kidding me right? Is this a prank or something?"

 

 

I was surprised that nobody laughed with me.

Holy . I then, started to panic.

 

"I'M NOT HIM! THAT LADY GAVE THIS TO ME! YAAAA!! SAY SOMETHING!!! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CRAP!!!!"

 

But as I was pleading to her, she was just horrified by the situation that she already forgot how to speak. She didn't even bother to explain things to these cops as they dragged me out of the shop.

 

"WAIT! I'M INNOCENT! I WAS JUST DOING MY JOB! YAAAA!!!!"

 

"Drop it, mister. You're going to the police station."

 

"NOOO!!!! PLEASE!!! I HAVE A FAMILY WAITING FOR ME!!!!"

 

 

I tried having an eye-contact with the lady and displayed my intense puppy-dog-eyes version 'desperate' on her.

 

"YAAA!!!! I TOLD YOU THIS WERE EX-CONVICT CLOTHES!!!!!"

 

--------------------------

 

TOP P.O.V

 

"Sir, we have taken Kwon Jiyong. Any more orders?"

 

"None. Stand by for a while. I'll get back to you."

 

 

HURAAYYYYY!!!!!

I pulled the string of my little popper and BOOM! Confettis were all over my table. I also switched my stereo's volume up as I was savoring today's accomplishment. THIS WAS JUST SO SWEET!

Miranda, the retail manager in our boutique (who had a son that acted beautifully in the shop earlier), emailed me all the captured photos I demanded from her. I actually told her to get some worthwhile pictures of the tard dancing on the streets with the mascot on. Plus, his mortified face when the kid started crying and making scandalous remarks was just priceless! I was almost tempted to roll on the floor and do the Charlie-move as i kept laughing on the photos.

I was the one behind Jiyong's unfortunate events. Although I just managed two of them out of five, I made sure he'll come crying back to me and beg for my forgiveness after those incidents. HA! Let's see who's the REAL BOSS NOW!

Just then, my landline rang. Hmmm....I'm guessing this would the desperate tard calling.

 

"YOBOSEO?!", he shouted.

 

"Hello? Who's this?"

 

"YA! CHOI SEUNGHYUN! Help me here! Tell them I'm just your assistant! I didn't do anything wrong!!!!", he barely paused as he spoke.

 

That's it. I just can't help controlling my laughter anymore.

 

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!"

 

"What??? Oh, yeah! Of course! I was just reading a comic strip. Damn hella funny!", I replied as I let out more giggles.

 

"YA! Listen to me! They're accusing me of something I didn't even do! They're thinking I'm doing an alliance with that number 88 retard! Can't you just bail me out here????"

 

HAHAHAHAHAHA. HELL NO. I'm having too much fun!

But while I was having the time of my life, ridiculing the tard's fate in my hands, Chaerin rushed inside my office with her eyes smoking with fire. I hurriedly hung up the phone, not minding if the tard was dying out of a misunderstanding there.

 

 

Hmmm, what does she want now?

 

"WHAT'S THIS?!"

 

She threw me her tablet with an article that involves my FASHION BRAND. When I looked closer to the pictures, I saw that it was just the little scheme I created for Jiyong.

 

"Oh that's nothing. Don't worry, I already had the P.R team working on that.", I smiled at her, making sure my dimples would show.

 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

 

"Ya. I was just teaching that tard a lesson, no need to make a big deal out of this. Jeez!"

 

She massaged her temples like she always used to when she's having her tantrums at me. Lee Chaerin can be a little bit sensitive when it comes to work. Sometimes, it's like she's the one who's acting like the boss around here, which of course a little bad on my reputation. But since I trusted her that much, I don't seem to mind it at all.

 

"A lesson?! Wasn't it enough that you made fun of him in front of the whole staff?! WHAT EXACTLY DID HE DO TO YOU, HUH?!", she raised her voice at me as she slammed down my table.

 

Hell no. I'm not telling!

 

 

"I'm sorry I can't hear you! The sounds are a bit loud!!!"

 

As persistent as she is, I knew she would turn my stereo off. Ugh. Can she just off this time?!

 

"Look, Seunghyun. i don't know what you're trying to pull off here but PLEASE. Do not create any more issues especially if YOUR COMPANY would be at risk. HOW COULD YOU EVEN HAVE TIME TO PLAY GAMES?!"

 

"Chaerin, relax. I got this."

 

"If you're forgetting one tiny detail, the NEW YORK deal is just hanging around the corner. You might want to put your fat in place before ANY rival companies would get the ing deal."

 

She then rushed out of my office, slamming the door shut.

Woah. That totally slipped my mind! I immediately called Seoul police station to clean up today's game. I think I need to reconstruct my other plans sometime in the future. Tch.

That tard should be thankful I'll spare his sorry for now.

-------------------------------------------