XVI - Jiyong and Seunghyun...Did it?

Treacherous

Jiyong POV

 

I've been babysitting Jiwon for several years but this must be the most tiring thing I've ever done in my life.

I had to babysit an adult. A big bully, crybaby, temperamental Choi Seunghyun.

 

"Jiyong...can you get bearbrick number 12 a little bit closer to my feet? It's supposed to be guarding my toes."

 

Can you believe this guy? First his unbelievable love for these plastic-made teddy bears, now his obsession with their "bedroom arrangement".

Sighing, I just did what he told me.

 

"No, no, no. Rotate it a bit on the left. I like seeing that angle of his, just perfect for a good night sleep.", he whined again.

 

"Here. Is this enough, your majesty?", I sarcastically asked of him.

 

When I didn't get a response, I was surprised to see the Big Bully fast asleep. Geez. He might be that exhausted than me. All he did was to wait for his errands to be done while the poor me does all the work. Seriously, I should have an overtime pay for this.

 

 

"Ya, Choi Seunghyun. Who would've thought you'd look nice while sleeping?", I tried to keep my voice low.

 

I mean, just look at that miraculous image! I walked closer to his bed now, fixing his bed sheets on him. Psh, he's just like Jiwon. That kid never learns to lie down properly because he knew I was there to fix it all for him. Sigh, what will these people do without me?

Focusing on Seunghyun's face now, I was more stunned to realize he could be this gentle. Wha, sleeping does make you look angelic isn't it? He should really work on his sleeping face more often. He looks tamed, tolerable and cute.

Wha---cute? Where did that come from?

 

"AISH. Kwon Jiyong, get some sleep.", I told myself as I spanked my dizzy head.

 

Hold the phone.

Where am I going to sleep here? Should I just...sneak out and go home? Aish.

 

"Don't you dare."

 

I almost toppled over the floor when I heard him spoke. What the? I thought he was knocked-out already?!

 

"AISH! WILL YOU STOP SCARING THE OUT OF ME?!"

 

But he just looked at me, uninterested. er.

 

"Sleep on the floor. I need you here, I might puke anytime.", he commanded me like an officer would do.

 

"Excuse me? Here?! Why would I----"

 

He scratched his head as he sat up on his bed. "What are you?! A girl?? Stop overreacting and let me rest! Geez."

 

 

Hmp. I guess that makes sense. Besides, I'm hella tired and his carpet seems cuddlier than Seungri's mattress, so I reckon this might not be such a bad idea.

When I saw that Seunghyun went back to his beauty rest, I didn't think twice anymore. Without ranting any further, I just lied down next to his bed, hugging myself to keep my body warm. His room sure breathes out 0 degrees cold temperature. Ugh curse him anyhow.

Oh well, I need sleep right? I still have my photoshoot tomorrow. Sigh

 

........

 

*Urrgghhhh*

 

Series of coughs came after. Damn it!

When I can't take the noise anymore, I annoyingly stood up, ready to blast out from here. But by then, a loud sound of phlegm-filled cough stopped my tracks.

I looked back, only to see the Big Bully as pale as Snow White. WHAT THE ?!

 

"YA! YA! YA!", I tried slapping his cheeks gently.

 

 

No response. He just scrunched his eyebrows as if telling me he's still in pain. I checked his forehead and holy cow! He was damn hot!

And hot I meant, literally hot!

 

"Wait here, okay?!"

 

I rushed downstairs to get a bowl of water and a clean towel. Carrying it back to his room as fast as I can, I almost splashed the water on his precious ladder but heck that was just least of my problems. I have a burning adult-looking, child-acting patient here okay!

Pressing the cold towel on his forehead, I was actually deeply praying inside that his fever would just die down. I'm really not good at handling sick people especially if I was the only one around. I felt helpless and hopeless. One time Jiwon got sick, I panicked so hard that I started crying.

 

"Damn it Choi Seunghyun! I didn't know viruses could still penetrate your evil body! Ugh!", I just let my frustrations out.

 

I decided to turn off the aircon too and wrap the Big Bully in his thick sheets. Repeatedly giving him a cold compress, I also monitored his temperature by just touching his cheeks.

At my last check, around 4 am in the morning, I was relieved that I could almost not feel his burning sensation anymore. Phew.

 

---------------------------------

 

TOP POV

 

Why is it...why is it so hot?

 

As I scratched my eyes to see clearly, I saw myself wrapped tightly with my sheets. Plus, the airconditioner was out, causing the temperature to go up early in the morning. Aish.

Just then, I saw the tard resting his head on my abdomen. What the? If I haven't felt the thing on my forehead, I could have panicked immediately.

A towel? But how...

I turned my head on the side, seeing a bowl of water. Then it dawned on me....

 

"Ahhh. Stupid fever tantrums.", I concluded.

 

I couldn't move my body since Jiyong was still sleeping. Did he take care of me all night? Well, with these stuff around here and some odd ways of trying to kill down my fever, I'm sure he's all behind this.

Although I know even without these I could still be better, I was kind of......i don't know. Indebted?

I kind of hate that feeling, actually. But hey, he's Kwon Jiyong. He could do worse than that.

 

"Look at this guy. Still being kind despite me being badass. Aish."

 

I decided to just sneak out quietly. I carefully put his head down the bed, inserting my pillow just beneath it. He should be thankful, that's my favorite! Hmp!

Setting my bearbricks aside, I opened the aircon again and went in for a shower. It's 7 am and Chaerin would call me anytime, bombarding me with her punctuality issues. As I wore my tux, I saw that Jiyong was kind of moving. That startled me alright. He might think I'm harassing him by putting on my clothes as he sleep. Geez.

I noticed he was like hugging himself. Ahhh, maybe he's cold? Oh well, he hasn't experienced falling asleep on a luxury room like this, I couldn't blame him.

I just fixed my precious sheets on him, trying hard not to be caught. After that, I decided to leave him a note before I leave.

 

 

"Happy? Sleep tight, Kwon Jiyong."

 

---------------------

 

"Sir, we have been checking the sales in the city. Seems like there were cheaper imitations spreading in the local market.", this one department head reported.

 

I raised my brow on her, ready to shoot laserbeams.

 

"What are you waiting for? Should I burn those imitations myself?", I asked her annoyingly.

 

"N-no sir. We're on it."

 

Getting back to the rest of the crew, I stood up, ready to leave the monthly conference.

 

"Any more bad news?", I sarcastically asked.

 

I saw Chaerin massaging her temples, maybe frustrated with what I'm acting. Well she can't blame me! I just came from a night-long fever and this is how would my day in the office repay me?! I've been hearing damn bad reports the whole time and now A CASE OF CHEAP IMITATIONS of our brand?! Wouldn't that be a SIMPLE problem that can be easily solved?! Even the worst companies in the industry have their ways in expelling those whatnots!

Seriously, one of the things I hate most right now are those low-class, incompetent people. I told you, I can eat em off anytime I want to.

 

"Sir....", my secretary raised his hand.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"The Scarlet..."

 

I nearly wanted to explode. If there's been a problem with Scarlet COPYING OUR STYLES FOR THE NEW YORK DEAL, I won't regret firing everyone in this room. Well...except for Chaerin of course.

I waited impatiently for him to speak, trying to cool down my thoughts.

 

"They're...they're...suspiciously quiet."

 

 

"That's a good thing, right Seunghyun? I'm pretty sure they're already hiding beneath their---"

 

But I stopped Chaerin. No it WAS NOT a good thing. Scarlet never plays quiet. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A WAR.

 

"Connect with everyone you can inside. We cannot let our guard down on those fools, especially to Kiko Mizuhara. ARASSO?!"

 

They all nodded accordingly. That maggot. If she thinks she can fool us with her "clean tactics", well I am not as stupid as her. No one underestimates HIM, no one underestimates CHOI SEUNGHYUN.

 

"Now, go."

 

After everyone has left, Chaerin looked at me with her dead serious face.

 

"You think this is a bad sign?", she asked.

 

I rested myself on my chair, thinking deeply of what kind of tricks Kiko would be pulling up this time. "Of course. She declared war herself, we shouldn't be relaxed. Plus the New York deal's fast approaching, we need to fasten up our pace as well. How's the photoshoot's going?"

 

Unexpectedly, Chaerin smiled. I guess, satisfied with their progress.

 

"Wait til we finish. You won't believe what Jiyong can do.", she confidently replied.

 

Hmmm...maybe I should really wait huh? If Chaerin's that confident, I should not be worrying anything. Everything seems like working just fine.

 

"And oh. Please treat him right okay? You'd be begging for his forgiveness if you saw the pictures.", she giggled.

 

Shutting the door closed, I was left in the room deep in my thoughts again. Treat him right eh?

 

 

I smiled with that idea. Hmm...Maybe I should...maybe I really should.

I called up my secretary immediately without any thoughts of backing out.

 

"Tell the staff to let Kwon Jiyong have his off today."

----------------------------------

 

Jiyong POV

 

"Ya, panda. What does 'thank you for last night' means?", I asked him out of the blue when I came home.

 

As much as I didn't want to remember spending the whole night with the responsibility of looking out on the Big Bully, I just can't seem to get off my thoughts from that mysterious note on my forehead.

Thanks for last night?

What the heck was that? Well...As far as I knew...Those are just for....I don't know...for pleasurable purposes? Geez. As much as I tried to think on what he meant there, I was really more bothered with my crazy ideas popping out from nowhere.

 

 

UGGHHH NO KWON JIYONG. Ha.ha.ha. You're funny. Yes, stop being funny.

Before I could even lose my mind, I saw Seungri looking at me with those big, dark eyes. He then sprinted to where I was seated, melting me with his curious, scandalous stares. Oh gods. Did he....did he catch my lunatic thoughts too?!

 

"YA! HYUNG! How could you spend the night with a GIRL and not....

 

He went closer to my ear, probably going to whisper very loud like he used to.

 

 

"....bring me with you?"

 

I was more relieved than annoyed, to be honest. Phew. That was a close one.

I just spanked his shoulders fast, waking him up from his daydreams. Geez, seriously. He should stop watching every night.

 

"Aish! I didn't sleep with a girl okay?! I was in Big Bully's mansion!", I just told him.

 

I guess that made him more mad. He was stretching his eyes wider now, making me face him as he grabbed my arms.

 

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD?! YA Hyung! What did he do to you?! Did you...do it?", he asked like a scaredy cat.

 

I felt like I gulped down a liter of my saliva. OH NO NO, KWON JIYONG. Of course you didn't do anything, that was just your inventive imagination. Maybe...maybe I was just having lack of sleep. Yeah, yeah that.

I tried to play cool and make him look ridiculous with what he just asked.

 

"I was summoned there because he was sick. Chaerin was supposed to go but it seemed like she had plans. It was just a favor, okay?!", I nonchalantly explained.

 

Good thing he bought it. Oh how I love his gullible side at times.

 

"Ahehe...of course. of course. But wait....."

 

He looked at me suspiciously now, scanning me from head to toe. That's when my heartbeat went berserk. HE CAN'T POSSIBLY---

 

"Ya, what now?!", I just impatiently asked him.

 

"Tch, tch, tch. You've completely FALLEN over Chaerin sajangnim, have you?! You even worked overnight just to replace her! Whaaa---I'm impressed, hyung!", he started clapping now.

 

What...oh.

 

"Uhh...is that so? You think...Chaerin left this note for me?"

 

Surprsingly, I sounded disappointed. Uhm, maybe that just came out wrong. Yes, wrong. VERY WRONG.

 

"Of course! Do you think that boss of ours would leave a thankyou note?! He wouldn't say that even if you save his life!"

 

"Oh. Yeah, you're right."

 

Who am I kidding? Seungri's right. Honestly, I really thought Seunghyun was the one who left that for me. Setting aside my OTHER thoughts, I somehow...believed that he actually showed a little sense of gratitude for what I've done. I mean...he was sick after all.

 

He finally stood up, stretched his arms and walked to his room. "Start washing up hyung! We're already late!"

 

-------------------

 

"Day off?? But I didn't file any----"

 

The lady cut me off impatiently as she waved her hand in front of me. "Mr. Choi Seunghyun strictly said not to let you attend office today."

 

What??? Choi Seunghyun??? Why would---

 

"Can you connect me to him?! I need to speak with him immediately! I have my photoshoot today, Chaerin sajangnim would be----"

 

I think I almost dropped my jaw as I saw the Big Bully emerging out from the door. Ugh. Why do I feel nervous??

 

 

"You can go, I'll handle this.", he stiffly told his staff.

 

After the lady was nowhere to be seen, I regretted to why I just didn't listen to the lady. I didn't have to face this man if I did. Oh, damn choices.

 

"Go. I filed a leave for you.", he coldly said.

 

But I wasn't actually listening. I found myself, busy checking if he still looks like he's going to pass out. Hmmm....he seems fine now. Phew.

Uhmmm....Hey. I wasn't checking him out because of...you know. My imagination. It was just...!

Ugh, nevermind.

 

"Ya!", I heard him shout.

 

 

"Ehh?"

 

Aish, Kwon Jiyong. Get your mind straight, you icky- guy!

Damn. I must have lost it, have I?

 

"Uhm...I...Thank you. I---I'll just go now!", I tried smiling at him.

 

I was going to make a run for it when suddenly, I can't seem to move away. What the---?

I planned on looking back, to see the problem, when it dawned on me that it was the Big Bully. He was holding my collar on the back, stopping me from walking away.

 

"Wait.... Did you see...uhm, my note?", his voice felt closer and a bit tight.

 

N-n-note?

Ugh. Geez, I wish he didn't notice me trembling.

 

I just faced him, trying to play the confused one. "What note?"

 

He rolled his eyes on me as he put up his infamous, annoyed face.

 

"Don't make me say it okay. That's why I've put it on a note. Geez."

 

"Ahhh...the...THANK YOU...note?", I tried guessing.

 

When I looked at his reaction, he was strolling his eyes somewhere but me now. Haha, poor guy. His ego might have been hurt by the little note. Aww.

 

"You're...thanking me?", I decided to more.

 

Oh he was ready to punch me to my deathbed now.

 

 

"YA! Don't push it! Aish!"

 

He then went back to his office, slamming the doors shut. Surprisingly, I found myself grinning like I've just watched my favorite film again.

Ohoho. So the note was really from him then. Sweet, sweet revenge.