XII - Roaches on the Loose

Treacherous

Jiyong P.O.V

 

"You."

 

Okay. Call me weird but everyone has been gasping since this -eyed man came in the room, except for me. Seungri, who's actually part of HIM's creative team (though I don't know which part of that big dumbo is creative), ran like a madman to get a hug from the 'celeb'.

 

"DAESUNG HYUNG!!! I'M A HUGE FAN!!!! CAN I GET A HUG??!!!", he cried as he almost shed tears of joy.

 

He was spreading out his arms so wide that I can't help but to cover my face with my palms. The shame this panda is giving me just by shouting that I AM HIS ROOMMATE when I was being introduced earlier, is just beyond embarrassing. Now, he's giving me another reason to disown him by clinging to this blonde celebrity.

 

"I LOVE YOUR VARIETY SHOWS! CAN YOU SIGN MY FOREHEAD?!?", he hugged the pitiful man while begging.

 

This Daesung tried hard not to feel so awkward about the situation. "Erm...s-s-sure...Sure!", he nearly wanted to push the panda away.

 

"OH MY GOD THANK YOU VERY MUCH I'M LOVING YOU MORE!!!!"

 

"You can really get off now. I-I-I'll sign your forehead....", he suddenly pulled away from those panda arms.

 

Seungri didn't mind that he just handed him a permanent marker. The -eyed man, on the other hand, willingly signed on his forehead. The panda was so happy that he kneeled on the floor and shouted 'I'M DAESUNG'S FAN!!!!' without any hesitation.

Please. Who said we were roommates?! DAMN NO.

 

"Dae oppa!", Chaerin then called out.

 

I'm quite sure this Daesung was so glad that Chaerin snatched his attention. He jogged towards us, leaving Seungri in his own little world.

 

"Ya, Chae----YOU."

 

I thought he saw a ghost or something. But....Uh-oh. Why is this man dilating his eyeballs on me? I just scrunched up my brows on him, while he too, did the same.

 

"What is this guy doing here? Isn't he Seunghyun's tard?"

 

WHAT. THE. HECK.

Why is he calling me that in front of everyone else?! Plus the possessive noun he used is just too wrong! SEUNGHYUN's tard?! OH GODS KILL ME NOW.

 

"Seunghyun's what?!", Chaerin asked.

 

I quickly gave in to my instincts that I butted in. "Nothing! So, what's up?"

 

They both looked at me with suspicious eyes that I can't help but to be uncomfortable. Good thing, Seungri came towards us. Phew. Finally! A use of that panda!

 

"Omo! Daesung hyung? You know my Jiyong hyung???", he asked as he shoved his arms on Daesung's shoulders.

 

"Well... yeah. Last time I saw him, he was making out with Seunghyun in the elevator."

 

HOLY .

I think I shattered into million pieces as he said those stingy words. I don't know who was more shocked among Chaerin, Seungri and me since their faces was just as worse as mine.

 

"HYUNG!!!", Seungri shouted at me as if heeding for an explanation.

 

DAMN IT.

Beads of sweat were now falling down on my head, that I'm almost tempted to get a bucket and splash my ing sweat at this -eyed man. I swear, he can be so annoying that I wanted to stretch his eyes out more. Oblivious to what I'm actually feeling, he just wore a proud smug on his face, reminding me that he and Seunghyun were just of the same kind.

 

"C'mon guys. He's kidding.", I tried laughing out.

 

Seconds of no response was just making me anxious. I was then relieved when Chaerin smiled and laughed with me as well. Oh gods, thank goodness for gullible people!

 

"You almost got me there, Dae! Well anyway, I see you've met Jiyong. He's our newest model. The one for our New York deal."

 

Daesung just smiled at me again but this time, he was trying not to laugh. Believe me, their kinds are the worst to mess up with, especially if their mocking skills are eating you up. UGH!

 

"It's nice to meet you again, Jiyong. So how are you related with...uhm....my fan?", he asked as he removed Seungri's arms on him.

 

The psycho panda once again, switched on his hyper mode.

 

"It's Seungri! We're roommates!", he raised his hand as if he's reciting on class.

 

Daesung flashed another smug at me, heating up my fists for a fight. "Oh, roommates", he repeated with a very teasing tone.

 

I just rolled my eyes on him, ignoring the topic. Right on cue, someone's phone rang up. It turned out to be Daesung's.

 

"Yo, bro. I'm at your office.", he quickly answered.

 

Chaerin and I were just about to excuse ourselves from him when I heard my pet name again.

 

"Oh, your tard? Okay, I'll bring in him too."

 

That made me stop alright. I told you, he seriously has some issues with possessive nouns. 

I had to turn my head on him again, ready to crush his skull six-feet under. But after he shoved his handphone back to his pocket, he quickly grabbed me by my wrist, telling Chaerin that WE had to go. Since he was actually muscular than me, I had no way out.

When we got out of the room, we stopped by the elevator doors waiting for it to fetch us.

 

"Will you stop calling me tard!", I suddenly blurted out, giving up on controlling my annoyance.

 

Expecting a decent reply, he just laughed at me. like he hadn't laugh for eons.

 

"You are so funny that I can bring you to my show!", he nearly gasped as he was lunging out for air.

 

I can feel smokes out of my nose, ready to vent out my anger on this blondie. I may be as thin as a stick, but I can be very dangerous when provoked. "I'm not trying to be funny here, mister. YOU AND SEUNGHYUN must evaporate from my world or else I'll cut your tongues out."

 

"Oh yeah? And how will you do that, huh?!"

 

That's it. NO ONE SHOULD PUSH ME TO MY LIMITS.

I poked his huge nose real hard that he shouted out in pain. I then took my chance to insert my fingers in his foul mouth, pull his tongue out and stretch it to the utmost position I can reach. He was beyond mortified when I mercilessly pulled it more, leaving him blurting out such funny, aching sounds.

 

"NGAHHHJJUUHHHHHYYYNNNGGG!!!"

 

"Take that you er! This is for calling me a tard!!!", I countered back as I twisted his moist tongue with full revolutions.

 

I just wish I can record this right now. I've done this million times to those who bullied me in school but none of them were worth the time. Daesung is sure one heck of my priceless clients, alright.

 

"NNGGGGAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!", he shouted again as he kneeled down on the floor, pushing my hands away from him.

 

But since I was perfectly trying to be out of his reach, he was just swinging his hands in thin air. He looked real funny that I wonder if anybody would even dare to watch him on-screen after they see this good-for-nothing man in this kind of setup.

When I had a share of my own victory already, I quickly pulled away wiping my fingers on my shirt. I can't still get over his hilarious face that I had to sit on the floor and laugh out loud.

 

"YUCK! UGHHH!! HOW DARE YOU MY TONGUE!!!!", he shot his eyes at me.

 

"And how dare you call me a tard in front of those people? Sorry bro. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.", I reasoned out as I crossed my arms and smirked at him.

 

"I AM SO TELLING SEUNGHYUN ABOUT THIS!!!"

 

Ha. Crybabies.

 

------------------------

 

TOP P.O.V

 

"So, why did you invite me here again?", I asked Kiko as soon as sat up.

 

She just smiled at me with her scandalous red lipstick, which I find very disgusting to be honest.

 

"I just wanted to have some quality time with you, that's all! We should show the public that we ARE good friends, right?"

 

GOOD FRIENDS? Woah, wait a sec. She ain't going to be my friend, unless she'll turn into a bearbrick or maybe if she'll just pop out like a bubble. There I guess we can be friends then.

I didn't even give a positive response. I called the waiter for a red wine and he quickly attended me to it.

 

"I've heard that you started working on the New York deal...so how's it going?", she asked again.

 

I smirked with her obvious plot. "You are not getting anything from me, Kiko. Stop trying so hard."

 

"I'm just being nice, Seunghyun. You see, HIM and Scarlet are not rival companies. We can be affliated with each other! There's no need to compete, really!", she tried pushing it.

 

I slammed my glass down as I eyed her with so much hate.

 

"Nice? After telling to the press that YOUR designs can make HIM fall off the number one spot?! I don't think so."

 

"Hey, I was just overwhelmed with their questions! I'm not even---"

 

"Don't try excusing yourself here, Kiko. I know people with low profiles like you. They'll just KEEP. BRINGING. YOUR. . DOWN.", I cut her off as I gritted my teeth on her.

 

I could say she was too stunned to speak. She then scoffed at me while trying to keep her composure.

I may look like a jerk for saying bad things at her face but after all these years of doing her dirty works at us, I really think she deserved it. So there's no really guilty feels in right now.

 

"Low profile?", she repeated as she raised her brow on me.

 

That's right, you heard me. But instead of answering, I just kept staring at her blankly.

 

"You think, Scarlet is founded by such low class people?", she barely was audible now.

 

"Why? Isn't that what you're made of?"

 

That made her mad. She showed such a sour face that I can't help not to savor the moment. I can really take a photo of her now and hang her epic portrait on my wall with a caption saying, "Kiko Mizuhara, the girl with deprived good looks."

While I was in my own little world, Kiko then spoke again.

 

"Shame on you, Seunghyun. If not for our company, HIM would be in deep grave by now!"

 

I wanted to reply back if not for what she said.

Wait. What?

 

"Yeah, you heard me! I was the one who told the board about the leaked theme. I wanted to play fair and square with you so I asked my secretary to spread the news. But since your fat is not even thankful, then I think we'd have to play DIRTY."

 

She then grabbed her purse, and walked out of our table leaving me dumbfounded with my glass of wine.

She did what?! She was the one who leaked the UNI theme? Just because she wanted to play fair?! WHAT THE HECK. Is she in her right mind??? Why would she even do that! She could have just let us be clueless until the New Yorkers would come and check out our designs! Ugh!

I was so frustrated by the new information that I didn't see Daesung in front of me.

 

"YA! SEUNGHYUN!"

 

"I'm not in the ing mood right now, Dae. Don't you raise your voice on me.", I quickly snapped back.

 

He slammed his hand down on the table, giving me a fright. "You better make that Jiyong's life miserable or else I'll tell everyone on-air that YOU ING LOVE TOYS!"

 

That got my attention alright. I made him sit down across me, wanting him to explain himself.

 

"Keep your voice down! What happened?! Why isn't he with you anyways??", I asked.

"Ugh! The nerve of that peasant! HE JUST TWISTED MY TONGUE! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SPEND ON TOOTHBRUSHES WITH TONGUE CLEANERS JUST TO KEEP IT CLEAN?! Then HE comes around, groping my precious tongue with his mothering hand?!"

 

If not for his boiling temper, I could have laughed. Kwon Jiyong just what? d my friend's tongue? And he actually twisted it??? Now that I think of it, I reckon it would be this ridiculous if I told Dae about him sneezing on my .

Wow. The wonders of what that tard can do is just beyond anybody's imagination.

 

"Look, as much as I wanted him out, I can't.", I honestly told him.

 

"Why do you look so calm about it? Did you hear what I just said?!"

 

"I did. But if you just try living with him for about 5 minutes, then I guess you won't be surprised to what he is capable of. Believe me, I could give him a Nobel Prize for being such the World's Best Sanity Wrecker."

 

Daesung just pulled his hair out of frustration. Well, I've been there actually but I can't sympathize with him that much since we have this dirty little secret about my . I guess I should just do my own share of being a friend: Let him forget about it.

 

"C'mon. I'll treat you some drinks."

 

His eyes widened out that I can't help but to roll my eyes on him. This bastard. He's the one being the celeb and all but he acts like he isn't receiving any decent salary. His soul just bursts out of happiness when he hears the word 'treat'.

 

"You know I love you deeply, Seunghyun.", he clung on my neck and gave me a peck on my cheeks.

 

"Do it one more time and I'll seriously your tongue again."

 

Miraculously, he was taken aback and zipped his mouth up. Jeez. I never thought I'd be thankful for Kwon Jiyong's tactics.

 

--------------------------------

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

I don't know how many times I actually yawned. It's nine in the evening and this Chaerin still won't let me go home. She said that they need me here for actual fittings and some other stuff I can't understand about clothes. I'm just actually sitting here, waiting for someone to put their sketchpad beside me and say 'This won't fit him!'. Ugh.

 

"Can I go now?", I asked her again.

 

"Nope."

 

Right. Why did I even bother to ask?

 

"Chaerin sajangnim. Should we use fur on him?", this lady asked.

 

"That's too overrated. New Yorkers would think it won't be such a fresh idea.", Chaerin massaged her temples.

 

She looked at her phone for the nth time and exhaled deeply afterwards. I wonder what's actually bothering her.

 

"Sajangnim? Do you think we should put some extensions on him?", this nerdy girl raised a question again.

 

"Hmm...we could try it. Bring me your sketch asap."

 

The nerdy girl quickly worked on the sketch and I'm telling you, the cycle just goes on and on. One will ask a question every after 5 minutes, bring their sketch to me and Chaerin and they would actually reject the idea so they'll start working again. What could be more thrilling than this job?

Seungri, who was actually one of those responsible for the photographies, raised his hand as well. Let's see what kind of idea has been lurking in his twisted mind.

 

"Sajangnim, can I say something?", he asked.

 

Chaerin, not even looking at him, just nodded.

 

"Erm...I really think Jiyong hyung will look nice if he would be ."

 

WHAT THE HECK.

My sleepy soul just jumped out from its barricade as Seungri startled everyone with his suggestion. Chaerin, who was slumping her shoulders while busy searching in magazines, switched her full attention to the lunatic panda.

I swear, I'll kill him if he would say another syllable.

 

"Excuse me?", Chaerin replied.

 

"Well, his body fits well for a woman. It's good if we can flaunt it in our shoots. His thin frame is actually is his best asset here.", he tried reasoning out.

 

If not for the nodding heads of the creative team, I could have opposed the idea immediately. Seriously? Isn't that too much to ask from me if they would actually PRINT MY IMAGE ON MAGAZINES?! And take note, it's for a UNI theme. Good grief.

Chaerin scanned me with her eyes again as she rubs her chin with her hands as if picturing me . I was almost tempted to cover my body but heck that would be just ridiculous.

 

"No way.", I quickly countered.

 

"No, I really think he has a point. If we were to sell your androgynous physique to the New Yorkers, it would add up to their interest with our designs! That's just brilliant!", she clapped her hands.

 

Woah woah woah, WAIT A SEC. First, a girl and now androgynous?! WHAT AM I? LADY GAGA? A ING HERMAPHRODITE?! Damn these people!

 

"Yeah! And we could let him pose with a female model who looks just like her! It's like they can't tell the difference between the two, making our designs more catchy, right?", Seungri added.

 

"Yes, yes! Plus these extensions would look definitely good on him!!!", the nerdy girl flaunted her sketchpad.

 

More 'oohs' and 'ahs' came after while some were brainstorming other ideas that would totally crush my whole reputation. I thought being a model would be a sweet treat but I guess it would really get to you at times. Oh gods.

Chaerin then interrupted the lively mood of the creative team, halting everyone to stop talking for a sec.

 

"Guys, guys! Firstly, we need Seunghyun to verify all our ideas so make sure your proposals are ready by tomorrow! Okay?"

 

They all answered in chorus and started working their asses off with such sketches and list of fabric or materials to be used. I was about to complain about their plan making me but I saw Chaerin busting out of the room fast. So I ran after her.

 

"Chaerin! Wait up!", I called her as I saw her clicking on the elevator buttons.

 

"Not now, Jiyong. I'm late!"

 

"I'll be quick! Just please don't consider Seungri's idea! It's really not...uhm, good for children seeing....unclothed people."

 

I know my excuse was lame but hey, I was damn desperate.

 

"Jiyong. Our magazine is definitely NOT for children. So there's really nothing to be worried about."

 

"But---!"

 

The damn elevator doors swung open that Chaerin quickly entered and waved me goodbye. Dang it. As hopeless as it seemed now, my phone suddenly rung with a number calling me.

I wonder to who could it be.

 

"Hello?", I answered.

 

"Jiyong?? It's me, Chaerin! I forgot my files to be submitted to Seunghyun today! Can you hand it to him?"

 

"Uhh...I don't know where----"

 

"He's probably in his home right now. I'll message you his address! Thank you very much!!!"

 

"Hey, but----!"

 

Then she hung up. Talk about being lucky today, really. Firstly, a -eyed man got into my nerves; then a panda ruined my life for suggesting a photoshoot and NOW, I have to deliver some darn files to the Big Bully at this late hour. Thinking about it, it's just my first day here. Jeez.

Since I had no choice but to actually do the favor for Chaerin, I didn't even waste time hesitating if I would do it or not. I followed her instructions clearly from compiling all the papers on her desk and putting it inside this black envelope up to riding a bus going to Seunghyun's shack. I nearly even slept and missed my stop if not for the lady who accidentally hit me with her umbrella. Ouch.

 

"Woah."

 

I'm speechless. After a few walks down the alley, I finally got to my destination. I thought I could only see fantasy world in my dreams but heck I'm staring it right now. In front of me is huge mansion shining brightly even in a dark night. The marble used for constructing this beauty and these huge glass windows is just a sight! It may be against my will to say it but heck Big Bully is such a lucky fat ! Ugh!

Shaking my fanboying feels, I just hurriedly buzzed on to get this over with. After a few clicks, I finally saw his shadow coming out from his huge door.

 

"Who are you?!", he came out with a hooded sweatshirt and a stick pointing out to me.

 

"What the hell are you doing? It's me Jiyong."

 

He then brought his hood down, poking me with his stick. I was about to snap him out of it when he finally opened his gates for me.

 

"I thought you were some scary bad guy.", he whispered.

 

"You're really nuts, are you? Jeez. Here are the documents Chaerin wants you to have. I'm out of here."

 

I handed him over the envelope and was about to leave when he grabbed me by my shirt.

 

"Wait a minute. Come inside."

 

I thought I was mishearing him so I turned again to verify if I was just daydreaming. I saw him looking at me with those intent eyes that my magnetic attraction over him was too much for me to handle. So I just quickly looked away from his soul-attracting eyeballs. Phew.

 

"And why is that?", I asked him.

 

"I need you to do something. ASAP."

 

He rushed back inside so I had no choice but to follow him. Talk about feeling so gullible! Why do I always have to agree on doing favors for people! I should seriously work on my saying-no skills. Ugh.

When I got inside, I totally stopped myself from gaping my mouth too much with all the interior I'm seeing. This is just madness! Every furniture this Big Bully has some aura of being damn rich! It's sparkly clean and very much fragile-looking, I wonder how he even manages to touch those.

 

"Daesung and I made a take-out of Chinese food and that bastard messed up my living room by leaving his dirt around.", he suddenly blurted out.

 

"So? Can't you clean it by yourself?!"

 

Oh no. If he's thinking of making me clean up, HELL NO. I'm darn tired and sleepy, it's really tempting to lie down at his gorgeous couch right now.

 

"Not that. Look."

 

He pointed at this one corner but I can't see what's the problem. When I actually went closer, I saw little roach crawling over the carton of Chinese fried rice.

 

"It's a damn cockroach.", I told him.

 

"Then what are you waiting for?! KILL IT! It would spread its germs all around my vicinity!!!!"

 

"Why would I? Why don't you do it?", I countered him.

 

He was gritting his teeth so badly that I had to laugh. I knew where this is going. Ha. What a er.

 

"You're scared aren't you??", I .

 

"No. I just don't want to touch it. They're full of microbes."

 

"Not really. They're really friendly, you know."

 

When he was about to say something, he startled me with his squeaks. He threw himself right to me, holding on to my neck as he jumps up and down, being completely hysterical with an itty-bitty cockroach.

 

"! ! KILL IT! KILL IT!!!!", he panicked as he continuously dragged me along with him.

 

The cockroach was actually crawling towards us that made him even more mad. He was shouting out litany of curses I never heard before but that was just least of my problems. I'm having a hard time reaching for the damn roach since this Big Bully kept on insisting he clings onto my neck for protection.

 

"Will you get off me?! HOW CAN I KILL IT???!!!", I shouted at him.

 

"DAMN I DON'T CARE JUST KILL IT YOU MOTHERING SLOWPOKE!!!!!"

 

I didn't have a choice but to step on that crunchy being. I was hesitating at first since these are the only rubber shoes I have but this damn guy kept on ranting about the microbes cockroaches can give just by crawling around. Ugh, it's so gross that I had to apply liters of alcohol on my soles later. Damn.

But on the bright side, Seunghyun calmed his down as he peeked on the poor thing I just killed.

 

"You----you.....", he looked at it with gaping eyes.

 

"What now?"

 

"YOU....YOU KILLED IT ON MY PRECIOUS FLOOR......."

 

And with his last words, he suddenly collapsed down with the idea, and from there I knew this would a long night for me.

 

-----------------------------