XIII - Real Men Wear Make-Up

Treacherous

TOP P.O.V

 

 

"Bear bricks.....Japan....limited....uurrgghhh....edition....."

 

I think I just woke up from dreamland.

You see, I just teleported from this cloudy, heavenly place with all of those bearbricks that I still haven't purchased yet, hanging everywhere I turn to. They were all so colorful and bright smiles flashed to me as I walked my way towards nowhere. I almost cried rivers for such a gathering but then, everything turned so dark and scary.

My baby bearbricks then started begging for me to take them and I think I almost lost my sanity when my REAL nightmare began. They were all eaten by this familar-looking giant, who was as thin as a stick, but his presence was so overwhelming that my whole system shouted one thing: KWON JIYONG.

My bearbrick babies then started screaming their heads off as they ran for their lives. I was trying to calm them down and put them all around my caring arms but I wasn't enough. I was so heartbroken that none of them were spared for me. THIS ING GIANT ATE THEM ALL and he was laughing so heartily as I found myself sobbing in the corner because of such great loss.

 

"GET UP. HEY!", I then heard the giant's voice a meter away from me.

 

"Nooo....ooooo! MY BABIES!!!!"

 

It was then that I became more conscious. I've felt something that hit my head, though it was not that hard but the impact was surely forced enough to get me out of my miserable, supposed-to-be dreamland.

 

"FINALLY!"

 

I tried scratching my eyes to see who's the who dared hitting me on my head. I was almost caught off-guard as I saw the tard standing in front of me with his arms on his waist and his brows forming their signature unibrow.

 

"! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!", I exclaimed as I tried sitting up.

 

He rolled his eyes on me as if that answered everything. When I scanned to where I was, I saw that I was on my living room with my clothes I used yesterday still on me. What the...?

 

"I don't think this should be the thank you I should receive from you.", he nonchalantly said.

 

"THANK YOU? WHY WOULD I? YOU ATE ALL MY BEARBRICKS, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER!!!!"

 

His unibrow just dispersed from him and confusion started surging through his punch-able face. I swear, I could call the police right now and demand for a forensic agent or something to verify the remnants of my precious babies inside his digestive tract.

 

"I did what?!", he asked with a very sour face.

 

I pointed my finger at him, totally tempted to stick it on his eyeballs. Nobody has the right to taunt my bearbricks. NOBODY.

 

"HA! I WAS SO SURE YOU WERE THAT GIANT IN MY DREAM! IS IT REALLY THAT SATISFYING FOR YOU TO RUIN EVERYTHING THAT'S MINE?!"

 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about."

 

Oh that made me mad. I hate how I look stupid and senseless in front of other people! But since it's my bearbricks we are talking about here, I could make this one an exception. It looked so surreal that I could almost touch them and hug them and never let them go. /Sobs/

 

"I'm so sure that you trespassed my room and kidnapped all my bearbricks. WHERE ARE THEY?!", I frustratedly demanded from him.

 

He was closing his ears, for him not to take any serious damages from my loud, boisterous cries. Seriously, there is nothing more panicking than seeing a tard early in the morning with a fresh memory of a bearbrick massacre, especially if you knew he's capable of doing one.

But before I can say anything more, he started pointing upstairs.

 

"I've put your sheets and pillows back to your room, cleaned the mess you and that -eyed man left last night and I've cooked you your breakfast in case you'll have bad hangovers about what happened last night. Now, I deserve at least a decent thank you.", he tried explaining to me, dismissing all my bearbrick complaints.

 

But then I got confused with the last-night part. "What? What happened last night?"

 

"Woooah, man. That was just a simple interaction with a cockroach, and you can't even remember? Is that even that traumatic?", he sarcastically countered me.

 

 

Although sudden creeps went straight to my spine just by remembering that tiny little devil crawling on my floor, I didn't even bother making the tard feel so proud of himself just because I fainted. Well it's not my fault that I've lived such a good life that I haven't encountered such things before not unlike him, who maybe eats dinner with roaches by his side.

 

"That's...that's nothing.", I just told him.

 

He scoffed at my pretense and suddenly, he started striding towards the door.

 

"You've caused me enough trouble just by babysitting you all night and hearing all about your mothership, so I might not go to work today.", he said.

 

MOTHERSHIP?! Are we a cult or something?! But rather making it the topic, I was more caught on the fact that he might NOT GO TO WORK today. Ha. That's actually cool for me, but thinking about Chaerin, I knew they'll need Jiyong for our photoshoot preps so I reckon he can't even make an absence unless he wants to feel the wrath of Chaerin the Baddest Female.

 

"Wait.", I called him.

 

When he looked back, I just gathered all my guts to say what's actually bugging my lame self.

 

"At least...stay. You said you cooked me breakfast, so eat with me."

 

OH GODS. I think I'm going to be sick with the cheesy words I said. I NEVER EVEN invited anyone in my life to EAT WITH ME. Now, thinking about it, this tard sure is one hell of a lucky guy just by stepping on my precious marble floor.

 

 

I didn't even bother getting his approval so I went to the kitchen and checked out what he cooked for me. When I saw what it was, I almost laughed my out.

 

"These are eggs.", I told him as he finally showed his face to me.

 

I think there's an entire batallion of eggs on one plate, but with different kinds of how it was cooked. I saw this sunny side-up one, an omellete, egg rolls and for ING PETE'S SAKE, a hard-boiled egg was positioned in the center. I was seriously stiffling my laughter as I saw the tard looking at me like I'm the alien here.

Seriously, he's the one who has a mothership. A mothership of chickens and heck he's the mother hen.

 

"What's the problem? You don't know how to eat those?", he asked.

 

"Are you that deprived of food? Why the heck would I eat those tons of eggs for breakfast?!"

 

I don't know if he was deaf or anything but he didn't give any kind of response to what I'm saying. Instead, he just grabbed a plastic bag from his backpack and lifted the plate up. I was about to ask what was that for when he started trashing those eggs inside. WHAT THE ?

 

"If you won't eat these, then Jiwon will.", he looked at me with those dead-serious eyes.

 

"Jiwon? Who's---"

 

"My nephew. He gets upset everytime he can only eat 1/4 of an entire egg a day."

 

I don't know why but I stood there just looking to what he was doing. The tard tightly wrapped the eggs he cooked in the plastic bag and with a piece of paper covering it on the outside. He then dumped it inside his bag as if it was something very fragile to take care of and carefully returned his backpack on his back.

Actually, my memories of that Jiwon isn't that good. He was this child who kept on insisting using baby language to normal English-speakers like me and heck he gets angry if in case I can't understand him. Can you blame me?! I didn't even take baby language lessons before nor I have a memory of my childhood. For Pete's sake, I don't think I can meet up with anything like that ever again.

 

"I think I still have a box of raw eggs there in the fridge. Just take them all.", I told him.

 

He suddenly lifted his gaze up on me and shook his head as if I said something ridiculous. "I don't need you pitying me, Seunghyun. I'll be fine."

 

The tard then walked out of the room, leaving me unsure of what to do. Did he know that I stepped on my ego two times now just to show at least SOME KINDNESS to him?! And he just ignored it as if it wasn't a BIG DEAL?! I was so frustrated and pissed at the same time that I don't know if I should just gather all my bearbricks together and plan a massacre for this tard instead.

How dare him make his ego bigger than mine?! This peasant!

 

"Fine! Go ahead and starve to death! I don't ing care!", I shouted as I tried getting close to him.

 

But as hard-headed as he was, he just slammed my front door shut and left me home alone again. I then rushed towards my room upstairs and as I got there, I think I can be almost blinded to what I saw.

My room was miraculously clean. My curtains were tied up at the side, my desk cleared out of paper works, my mirror was finally out of sticky notes and my bed was arranged as if I just bought it from the store. Oh holy smokes what the hell happened here? How did this----

 

"Oh."

 

The tard, I suddenly thought. He said something about cleaning this place up earlier so I reckon he might have cleaned up my room as well. Knowing him, he's just that neat person. One time, after that incident he made with the board members, I was just surprised too when I came back to my office, being sparkly clean. My bottles of wine were nowhere to be found and my files were all arranged inside my desk.

Well maybe that was also the time when he saw the pictures. Thinking about it makes my insides fire up of shame. Chaerin said it was indeed a very childish thing to do, especially if the person was just trying to get a decent job for his family. His Dami noona and Jiwon, I can see he's pretty serious in raising them as if they were his own. I don't know, but something tells me I'm such a bad person for trying to ruin things for Kwon Jiyong.

Maybe Chaerin's right. I am childish.

-------------------------------

 

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

“Uncle Jiyong!!!”

 

Jiwon threw his arms wide out to me, hugging my knees with his tight embrace. I seriously missed his cute tactics while I was gone so I hurriedly lifted him up on my arms, despite of how tired I was.

 

“I’ve got a surprise for you!”, I quickly told him.

 

But he was scrunching his brows at me, as if formulating math problems on my face. “Did you not sleep well, uncle? Your bags are black.”, he said as he was not leaving his stares on my eyes. This child can be pretty observant sometimes and you just can’t deny something from him.

 

“I told you, heroes don’t sleep. I’m your hero, remember?”, I smiled at him as I pinched his cheeks.

 

 

“Yes you are!”, he adorably responded.

 

Right then, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I then settled Jiwon down for a while and fixed myself to face my inevitable sister, Dami noona, after weeks of not coming home.

When she saw me, she just looked at me from head to toe as if expecting some obvious improvements from me. But deciphering from her face, I know she’s not happy to see me.

 

“Hello, noona.”, I just smiled at her.

 

She didn’t even look at me, straight to my eyes. “What’s that?”, she turned her head to the plastic bag I was holding.

 

I quickly brought out the food I got from the Big Bully’s house and flashed my eye smile at her, hoping she would be delighted to hear I got us breakfast.

 

“Breakfast! Plus Jiwon’s favourite, eggs!”

 

“We already ate. Jiwon! C’mon, I’ll get you ready for school!”

 

She then grabbed Jiwon away from me and made him go inside the bathroom. I panicked easily that I knew Dami noona’s still mad at me so I have no choice but to tell her the good news.

 

“I…I got a fixed job, noona!”

 

She stopped from her tracks as she turned her head back to me. “That CEO got you, didn’t he?”, she nonchalantly asked.

 

“Erm…yeah. He offered me this job with a fixed salary and with benefits as well! We’ll be rich in no time, noona!”

 

I was so delighted when I saw a smirk falling down on her face. I was actually almost tempted to jump and throw myself at her for a hug but I restrained myself not to.

 

“Don’t push it Jiyong. Just don’t do stupid things next time, okay?”, she said as she grabbed Jiwon again towards the bathroom.

 

As soon as they were out of sight, I can’t help but to jump around our tiny home and lie down at our ragged couch. Oh how I missed this place! Though Seungri’s apartment is a lot bigger and with better furniture, there’s just really no place like home!

 But as I was about to shut down my eyes to at least get some decent sleep, my phone rang. Great, just great.

 

“Jiyong? Where are you?!”, I sighed as I heard the professional mode-Chaerin on the line.

 

“On my couch. Sleeping.”, I replied.

 

“WHAT?! I need you here, pronto! Have you forgotten that WE hired you just yesterday?!”

 

“Look, I didn’t even have---“

 

“No buts! The team has finalized the designs for you and we’ll be conducting our very first PHOTOSHOOT. So if you don’t want me dragging you out of your couch, THEN I GUESS YOU’D HAVE TO GET UP AND GET YOUR HERE IN A MATTER OF FIVE MINUTES.”

 

Oh jeez. She seriously reminds me of Seunghyun-the female version. Forget the crap that I even thought she had the hots for me. NO ING WAY I am going to hang out with her in my entire life. She’s just the replica of my sister and my arch enemy. Whew.

I then got up quickly as I saw Dami noona with Jiwon fully equipped for school. I used to do that for him during those times I wasn’t kicked out but I guess my sister doesn’t have any choice when I’m not here. Plus, she’s likely most calm now unlike before when she used to chase Jiwon with a broomstick whenever my nephew is so hyperactive. An improvement, I might say.

 

“What are you staring at? Don’t you have to go to work?”, Dami noona cut me off.

 

I slapped myself lightly on my cheeks as I strode towards the bathroom. “Y-y-yeah. I’ll just take a shower!”

 

I then ran quickly upstairs to get some clothes for work and rushed back down. But before I close the bathroom door, I stretched my head out, peeking on Dami noona.

 

“Noona! I’m not… kicked out anymore, am I?”, I hopingly cried out.

 

She just shook her head as if giving up on my persistence and said, “Do you want me to kick you out again, instead?”

 

 

“OKAY, OKAY. I GOT IT!”, I quickly raised my hands up on her and gave her one last smile before slamming the door shut.

 

Phew.

 

----------------------

 

Hours later of getting into the office, I thought I came in the wrong room. Since Chaerin made me go directly to the photo shoot venue (which is just a vacant room near Seunghyun’s office), I was stunned by the riot happening within the creative team. They were all over the place and damn believe me, clothes were everywhere, even on top of that lighting thing for the shoot. Good grief.

Chaerin spotted me easily as soon as I came so she dragged me to this chair facing a huge mirror with bulbs surrounding its frame. Woah, I feel like a real artist here! But nevermind that, my excitement turned into nervousness as I saw this huge tackle box with shades of different colored powder they call nowadays as ‘make-up’.

 

“Are you going to put those on me?!”, I demanded from Chaerin.

 

But as usual, she didn’t pay any attention to me. She was instructing clearly to this girl on how she will transform me into a modern chic boy and I guess that won’t really hurt to try since I look like a total idiot from the lame century.

I was just flabbergasted as time passed by and saw that the freaking stylist was applying a violet powder on my eyelids.

 

“WOAH! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT POWDER FOR?!”, I cut her off before she can try to ruin my perfectly normal face.

“It’s an eyeshadow, calm down. It’s a must for your image.”, she told me as if it wasn’t a big deal.

 

I scrunched my brows as far as I can to at least digest what she said. “MEN DON’T WEAR MAKE-UP, in case you missed that part.”

 

 

“I’m sorry but---“

“NO! This isn’t part of the contract! It simply said I just have to pose for whatever clothes and that’s it! Plus don’t you think you’re being a bit biased applying a female thing over men?! THAT ISN’T UNI ANYMORE!!!”, I tried to complain.

 

As I thought I won over her, I saw Big Bully going his way here. Great, another misery I must face.

 

“What’s the problem here Gee Eun?”, he asked the girl.

“He doesn’t want to wear make-up.”

 

Seunghyun then turned to me, his expression was as if he’s heeding for a reasonable explanation.

 

“Men don’t wear make-up.”, I stubbornly told him.

Raising his brow on me, he answered “Oh yeah? Gee Eun, you know what to do.”

 

This Gee Eun girl then took a brush and applied this dark brown ‘eyeshadow’ on Seunghyun’s right eyelid. After a few seconds, she did the other one without the Big bully complaining to what she’s doing to him.

When she was finished, Seunghyun opened his deep-tantalizing eyes at me, drowning me with his unbelievable charisma.

 

“So?”

 

I honestly can’t find my tongue. It was as if it turned numb that I can’t seem to say something opposing to what he’s trying to prove here. In all ing honesty, he looked damn good.

 

 

I mean, he looked better. Than…erm, before. Yeah.

 

“It’s gay.”

 

He just rolled his eyes on me, leaving me with a final reminder to Gee Eun that SHE MUST FIX ME no matter what. Sorry but I believe that despite of my poor dermal condition, I AM PERFECTLY NORMAL thank you.

But since I had no choice, I just let her do her thing on me. Weird but, Seunghyun’s one-minute make-up trial really got into me. His eyes got fiercer, his magnetic pull almost defied gravity, and he became more attractive, and…

Wait. Did I say attractive? NO. Not attractive at all, it was just a whole lot intimidating. Yes.

I watched Seunghyun as he strode along the room, acting like a chilling supervisor while Chaerin roamed hysterically with her voice all over the place. That big bully didn’t even bother to help her in reminding people things needed for today’s shoot. His lazy just circled in the room, watching everyone like he’s Willy Wonka and we’re his oompa loompas. What a jerk.

 

“WHERE’S KWON JIYONG?!”, I heard Chaerin’s voice booming over the place.

 

I didn’t even get the chance to complain over my new wig. I was so busy staring and cursing over Seunghyun at the back of my mind that I didn’t notice I was already wearing a green and red extensions on my newly long hair. Wow. Is this what they call people on drugs? I think so.

Gee Eun then directed me towards the wardrobe area where a bunch of people were waiting for me with tons of clothes hanging on their arms. They all then rushed to me as if I was a treat for lunch and pulled out my clothes without even asking for my permission.

 

“HEY!!! WHAT THE---“

 

But since they were so many, I felt so defeated. They’ve successfully put this sleeveless loose white shirt and a couple of heavy accessories on my neck. I swear.  I felt like they’re trying to kill me with these whatnots, especially with this sharp criss-crossing necklace.

The worst part was that they gave me this black skirt to wear. I stared at it for about 5 seconds, waiting for someone to tell me ‘THAT’S NOT HIS!’. But alas, nobody even dared to act normal. They were all looking at me, waiting for me to change my pants with this bloody skirt.

I repeat, A SKIRT. Who in their normal-functioning right mind would let me WEAR A SKIRT?! In case this company forgot, SKIRTS ARE FOR GIRLS, for a SPECIAL reason that MEN can’t possibly flaunt their hanging loosely inside this unprotected, piece of two-way holed clothing.

Now, can anyone PLEASE tell me that I am still on planet earth and not on planet STUPID?

 

“Wear the ing skirt, Jiyong. You’re causing too much delays!”, Chaerin shouted as she entered the room with her high-blood self.

 

“I can’t wear this. THIS IS BEYOND MADNESS!”

 

She then made her way towards me that made my heart skip fast beats with her sudden burst. Oh no. PLEASE DON’T EAT ME.

She grabbed me by my necklace, pulling me closer to her face as I try to lung out for air.

 

“The thing is, Kwon Jiyong, you’re not a model. We just hired you for a reason that the BOARD likes you. Now, even models don’t have the right to complain over the clothes being assigned to them. AND SINCE YOU’RE NOT EVEN A PROFESSIONAL ONE, STOP ACTING LIKE A PRINCESS!”

 

Of course I just complied. Messing up with Chaerin is the last thing I want to do so I just nodded accordingly. She then patted me on my head, reminding me to wear the skirt ASAP.

I requested the staff for some privacy and they all rushed out as I changed my pants with this black skirt that will totally ruin my life forever. If ever my university buddies would see me imprinted on magazine covers with this skirt, I’ll never go out again with my shameful face flaunted at the streets. I’d rather die inside my little shack than to receive complete humiliation.

Now here’s the real deal. When I got to this platform for the actual photo shoot, I’ve never felt so nervous in my life. My sweat is ticking crazily and even though Seungri, who was on the photography team, was trying to comfort me around, it’s not just working.

 

“Jiyong! Just sit comfortably! Is it that hard TO JUST SIT DOWN?!”, Chaerin cried out.

 

I gulped down as I knew she’ll burst out to million pieces if I don’t get this right the next time. Well, the thing is, this Big Bully is just ing distracting. He was just looking at me intently with those eyes as if he’s scanning my every move and that made me more conscious alright!

Damn this weird feeling!

 

---------------------------

 

TOP P.O.V

 

“You’re so stiff”, I told Jiyong as he was posing so awkwardly for the last ten minutes.

 

I then requested for a break and ordered Chaerin to get Jiyong his retouch. The tard slumped his on the floor and buried his face on his palms, expressing obvious frustration with his poor performance.

I walked my way towards him and kicked his leg lightly to get his attention.

 

“Ow.”, he said as he lifted his annoyed face up.

 

“Get up. We can’t finish this thing if you won’t do your part right.”

 

He sighed as he followed what I said. As simple-minded as he is, I’m really surprised to how at times he can be so self-sacrificing. I knew he didn’t like ANYTHING he’s wearing right now and his make-up is seriously giving him the itches but he acts like it’s not a big deal. Sometimes, I just don’t get his logic. If I were him, I’d totally quit this than to let others step on my precious ego.

 

“Chaerin’s right. I’m not a model, heck I don’t know any decent poses!”, he exclaimed as he scratched his head real hard.

 

Dismissing his pessimistic thoughts, I just pointed towards the block he’s assigned to sit on to and said, “Sit there.”

 

Expectedly, he obliged easily and I then positioned myself behind him. I reached for his knees from the back, almost wrapping my arms around him but I guess he won’t care. I tapped his knee down, grabbed his hands to position it in a criss-cross form.

 

“H-h-hey…what are you---“

 

 

“Stay that way and relax your shoulders. Stare at the camera like you’re the richest man in Seoul and show some badass attitude. Remember, expressive eyes can catch the attention of readers so work on it well.”, I tried giving him an advice.

 

 

As I walked in front of him, he was just sitting there so stiffly (again) that I rolled my eyes in exasperation.

 

“Can you at least ABSORB what I told you?!”

 

He shook his head as if he just woke up from a daydream. “Y-y-yeah. Shoo! Shoo! I’ll practice some ‘COOL’ poses.”

 

“I can’t SHOO. I’m here to make sure you---“

 

“NO! Get out of here! Y-y-you’re…not helping!”, he shouted as he scrunched his brows real hard.

 

Seriously? Is he some kind of possessed by a girl??? I looked at him to make sure he’s okay, but he was just moving his eyeballs back and forth.  He’s acting very strange alright. Even though some weird blood is already passing down his bloodstream, he’s acting extra weird today. It’s like he’s too shaky and his self is all over the place.

I went closer to touch his pale face in case he got some flu or allergies or something.

 

“YA. Are you okay? It’s like you---“

 

I was surprised when he slapped my hand away from his face. WHAT THE?

 

“WILL YOU STOP WITH THE TOUCHING?! It just doesn’t feel right, OKAY?!”, he burst out with those growling eyes.

 

“Jeez, fine! I was just thinking if you were possessed or something. You’re such a girl.”, I scoffed at him.

 

His nostrils went even bigger, unleashing the dragon within him.

 

“I AM NOT A ING GIRL! CAN YOU JUST EVAPORATE FROM HERE??!!!”

 

“WOAAHH! MAKE ME!”, I challenged him.

 

 

He was now circling his fists tightly, ready to maybe spank me with it. Please. His thin frame won’t even pass through Choi Seunghyun’s steel body. No hell way.

But I guess he was that persistent. He then threw his fist right to me, but my reflexes were faster. I caught it in thin air and grabbed it with my huge hand.

 

“GET YOUR HAND AWAY FROM ME!”, he squeaked.

 

He was pushing it away, with an unbelievably light force so I by holding it tighter. When I actually got to release him unexpectedly, he was thrown off-balance, almost toppling over this block, set as props on the platform.

I got a rush inside me to wrap my arms around him as I tried saving him from getting bumped on that hard block. We dropped on the floor with him on top of me, his arms extending from the floor to support his body with a safe distance from mine.

I guess I hit my head harder than I expected that it ached so suddenly.

 

“Owww!!!”

 

Jiyong then scooted away from me and went on my side. “YA! Are you okay?? What the hell was that?!”, I heard his annoying voice close to my ears.

 

“If you just knew how to at least balance your damn feet, then I guess I WOULDN’T HAVE TRANSFORMED INTO A SUPERMAN, YOU UNGRATEFUL !”, I gritted my teeth on him.

 

“Hey! I didn’t ask for you to do it!!!”

 

Seriously. This guy doesn’t know anything about gratitude. Except for the fact that I wanted my clothes safe (I meant the ones he’s modelling), I had this feeling too that hitting his head on that block won’t do great to anyone of us here so I thought of hitting two birds with one stone.

But as this tard’s surname is still BAD LUCK, I knew something bad would happen afterwards.

 

“UGH! MY ADRENALINE!”