Chapter 1

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

"Lee ___! Wake up" your mom called.

You jumped up and looked to your right.

"SHOOT" you said wide-eyed, "I'm gonna be late!!!'

You woke up 15 minutes later than usual and it took you 10 minutes to get to school. You were a 19 year-old second-year college student studying to be a pediatrician. You loved kids and they loved you just as much.

"Oh no oh no oh no oh nooooooo," you cried.

"Aish, going to be lateeeee," you mumbled just as you drew on whatever you could find. You looked at the mirror and paused to look at yourself. You gave yourself a thumbs-up for throwing together quite an outfit. Snapping out of it, you grabbed your bag and an apple and headed out the door.

As you hopped onto the bus, you watched a couple in front of you uneasily.

"Oh boy, I'm gonna puke," you said under your breath.

Unaware of your comment, the couple continued to have a make-out session.

You scrunched your nose and continued to eat your apple and look out the window.

After 10 minutes on the bus, you hopped off and sped off to your class. You made it in on time and thank goodness your friends saved you a seat.

"Someone's on time," your friends Jill and Tany smiled at you. Jill's Korean name was Yang Ji Ahn. Tany's korean name was Kwon Teu Ni. Those were the most unique names you have ever heard of. Just like their names, they were unique as well. The three of you were like the three musketeers. You practically did everything together. Like you, they were really pretty but you weren't as popular as them.

~~

Jill's father was a famous doctor in Korea and she was pretty well off since her dad had a high rank in the large hospital he worked at. Her mother was a stay-at-home mom.

On the other hand, Tany's father was a producer of films and her mother owned her own clothing line and fragrance line.

And you weren't as well off as they were. You had been adopted at age 5 after your own parents abandoned you. You moved into the Lee family's home and you were the youngest of your two siblings. Your father was a pediatrician and your mother was a nurse. Your oldest brother Lee Chang Sun (Lee Joon) and you were like magnets. You guys shared everything and you were as close as can be. Your other brother Lee Junho liked to tease you and be mean to you, but the funny thing was that he always had your back.

Joon oppa and Junho oppa chased after their dreams. They performed in two different boy bands nobody but your best friends knew that you had brothers and that they were famous. You practically got tackled after Jill and Tany met your brothers.

~~

You took an online quiz in class and went to the next and last class of the day. You listened to a two and a half hour lecture and you were practically falling asleep. Before you could knock out, your teacher dimissed the class and everyone turned to leave.

"Omooo, guess who just glanced at you," Tany grinned.

You had showed no interest but at the same time you really wanted to know.

"Whooo?!!!" Jill cried.

"SUNBAE BLING BLING JONGHYUN," Tany shrieked.

"Oh please," you said as you rolled my eyes.

"Let's grab some lunch and discuss this important matter!" Jill almost shouted.

"Why do I need to be set up? The perfect one will come along sooner or later," you stated.

"It's sooner or you'll be a fourty year-old my friend," she nodded as she patted your shoulder. You looked at your shoulder and back at her.

"Yah. Don't you guys have some studying to do?" you said, changing the subject.

"Just joking __. Come on, let's grab some lunch," Tany said right away.

They grabbed their bags and flipped their hair. A couple of guys swooned while a couple of girls stood in the corner, green with envy. You overheard a couple of girls gossipping about why Jill and Tany would take you as a friend.

You never had close friends until high school but they all went to different universities. While you were sitting alone in seminar, Jill and Tany introduced themselves to you and a couple of friends to you as well. That's when you guys started to talk and they decided that you were trustworthy and a genuine person. They knew how to work it and had tons of fanboys. On the other hand, you were shy and quiet most of the time in public,.However at home, you were really loud with your brothers. Since they were away most of the time, you were lonely and I that's when you met one boy whom you had a huge crush on.

~~

You never called anything love, for you had never had a boyfriend or even been close to having one. You always crushed on certain guys but  had never chance to get closer to them and they had never gotten closer to you.

You wanted to help your parents out with your tuition even though they had the ability to cover you. Your brothers offered to help you out but you refused. If you never succeeded as a pediatrician, you would feel sorry to them, so you worked my afternoons in a flower shop near your house. That's when you feel in love with your boss's soon. Your boss was a kind woman probably in her early fifties. Mrs. Yoon ran a flower shop by herself since she didn't want to be a housewife. She told you she would turn yellow and gain weight and that she had previously failed to sit still.

On one evening a young man walked in with a hat and sunglasses. You looked up and offered to help him up as you dusted off your apron. He told you he wanted to see Mrs. Yoon and you immediately called for her. When she asked who it was she looked at the young man and they ran into each other's embrace. You stood there a little dumbfounded and had no idea what was going on.

You made them some hot tea and that's when he took off his hat and sunglasses. Mrs. Yoon instructed you to close the shop for the day. As you made your way to grab your bag and put your apron away, Mrs. Yoon called you over and you went to the back of the shop.

"Yes Mrs. Yoon?" youasked politely.

"I'd like you to meet my son Yoon Doo Joon," she smiled proudly.

He stood up and greeted you. You bowed back and introduced yourself.

Mrs. Yoon introduced you to him as if you had never seen him on television. He smiled kindly at you, slowly sending electrifying eye contact. You felt yourself blush and butterflies forming in your stomach.

You were saved from his stare as you wereinterrupted by a phone call. It was Joon oppa and he wanted you to meet him for dinner. You said your goodbyes to the both of them and headed out to Joon's car excitedly.

~~

Jill, Tany, and you ate salads and burgers and got frozen yogurt. You went over to Tany's house to study for your tests and by the time you guys were done, you guys were doing each others nails.

You got home around eight and  took a shower and ate dinner with your mom and dad. Altogether, you guys watched television and soon enough, the two of them passed out in front of the T.V. You pulled blankets over them and whispered 'good night'. You creeped your way upstairs and just like mom and dad, you passed out in no time.