Part 2

My Super Girl

It’s been a month since you and he became close. Some of your classmates from different classes never fail to make fun of him because there’s a really weird aura in him. Since you two are friends, you always make sure to be by his side until you two are home so you would be relieved that he’s safe. By the way, he lives in the same neighborhood so it’s easier for you to be at ease since he lives near your house.


It bothers you a lot why he isn’t fighting back because those mean things that your classmates tell him can hurt him not physically but emotionally. You have this big urge to ask him why but you don’t want to pressure him to tell you so you just let it be. He said ‘thank you’ and ‘I’m sorry’ a thousand times already but you think he doesn’t really need to do that since you are more than willing to protect him.

“Hey, do you want to eat?” He asks as you placed your things inside your bag. You beam at him and nodded excitedly. You’re in dire need of food because of you having been seating in this class for three hours. You might look exhausted as the subject and the class bore you to death but having dinner with your best friend makes it all up.

“Let’s go?” He grabs your hand. You were startled a bit but you just let him be since you don’t mind him holding you like that. You walk outside the university hand in hand and you can feel some students stare at the two of you and whisper that you two are a couple now and the likes. Your face blushes as the thought of him being your boyfriend crossed your mind. ‘Nope, that wouldn’t happen because he might not like me like that.’

On your way to a restaurant, you abruptly stop outside a pet store. You look happily at how adorable the little kittens are playing. He notices that you badly want it so he asks, “Do you want the kitten?” You glance at him and smiled. “Yeah, I’ve always wanted to have a pet but my mom doesn’t really allow me to have one before. Anyway, come on. I’m hungry.” He chuckles at how cute you look when you whine. The two of you keep walking until you arrive inside a restaurant.

As you waited for your orders to be served, you are busy typing something in your phone when you feel that someone is staring at you. You look up and saw him looking at you intently. “What’s wrong?” You inquire but he just smiles sweetly. “Nothing much.” Your heart suddenly beats twice than its normal beating. You don’t know exactly what you’re feeling but you kinda like it.

After your ‘dinner date’ since you don’t usually eat together like this, you two walk home together. It’s not that you think it’s really a date but it’s quite a new experience for you to go on a dinner with him. Yes, you hang out a lot together. After school, you practice your songs with him and you go home together. That’s what you think of hanging out. But eating dinner in a restaurant, that was the first time and so you call it a ‘dinner date.’

When you arrive outside your house, you bid goodbye. “Thanks for the date. I mean for the dinner.” He chuckles again as he saw your blushing face. You’re quite embarrassed because of two things. First, you just said out loud that it’s a date and second, he saw you blushing. You try to cover your face but surprisingly, he stops you. You look down but he cups your face to look up at him. You are again trap in his eyes as he smiles lovingly at you. Your heart is beating fast because of being captivated with his eyes. “What’s more important, love or friendship?” He suddenly asks.

You ponder for a moment. ‘Why is he asking me that now?’ You are thinking of the best answer you could get and you didn’t even notice that he already left.

You go inside your house and saw your brother watching some drama. You walk over the living room and sat next to him. “Hey.” You call and he placed his arm around your shoulder. “What’s up little sis?”

“What’s more important, love or friendship?” You ask him the same question Jongwoon asked you earlier. You are quite confused on what’s more significant between the two and it bothers you a lot. Your big brother here is a little expert about it so you decided to ask for advice. You know that he wouldn’t tease you because he can’t mess up with you. You can break his body parts after all, you know martial arts.

“In friendship, there is love. Both are important little sis. If you mean love as a more than friend relationship, it depends. If you’re in love with a friend and a friend feels the same way, it’s up to the both of you to decide if you two are willing to take the risk of being in a relationship because if you two broke up in the future, it will be hard to get back the bond you had. The worst part, you might become strangers once again.”

“I see. Thanks Hae.”

“Yah! I told you call me oppa. This girl.” You just laugh at how childish he looks that moment. You go up to your room and tried to focus on your assignments but your mind is wandering somewhere else. You cannot focus because Jongwoon. ‘Why did he even ask me that?’

From: Kim Jongwoon
Hey, give me an answer tomorrow okay? ^^


You sigh as you read his message. You don’t know what the answer is. You don’t know what will you tell him tomorrow but then something crossed your mind. If you put it in a situation like what your brother told you awhile ago, it means, Jongwoon might be indirectly asking you something. Something like, ‘do you like me too?’ You smack your head for thinking something nonsense and returned to doing your homework. ‘I must focus!’